One year ago today...

Nicky

I think Shepherd did it because of the takeover. That's why we were only buying someone if we sold Milner, so that Shepherd doesn't lose anymore money. I hope to god they do take over, end this Shepherd horror and we can do some proper legitimate buying in January

I really "hope" there is a takeover, Shepherds popularity rating is at an all time low, the word incompetent springs to mind for the one-millionth time when describing our leader

It's always the same though isn't it. Right now people are talking about what a moron he is, yet last month they were hailing the signings of Duff and Martins.

It would be no suprise to me if we signed Bridge and another good player in january, then everyones saying what a wonderfull chairman he is.

:clap:

I agree, Remember last year he was getting booed at the 1st game but after we got Luque,Owen and Solano his name was being chanted.

Its funny because the pundits always say Newcastle fans are the most forgiving.

Forgiving or fickle?

There are very few Newcastle fans that i have met don't in some way change there opinion when the going gets tough. Just look at the way peoples opinion has changed of Roeder in the last few hours. Never mind days.

I for one am fully backing the manager and the talented players we have in the squad. We needed a couple more players and we haven't got them, boo hoo lets just crack on.

:lol: you said it not me  :winking:

It does make me laugh when they say it because i know what they realy wanna say but your right most fans are fickle in there own way, Ive been known to change my opinion from time to time.

Im backing the manager, Roeder has taken on a massive job after Souness left and people expected him to sort it all out this transfer window on little transfer money. The only thing im slightly disappointed about is the fact that we didnt streghten the full back areas, We got Bernard but that wasnt the player we all were hoping for.

I'm not pretending i don't do it. When we signed Owen, apart of me wanted chant "there's only one freddy sheppard", but i refrained when i remember how he got rid of Bobby and all the other countless mishaps he has had.

If Roeder had set out to sign Bernard in the first place there would not have been as much a problem. The problem was that he left it late and proved he failed in the transfer market with his number one targets. At least we have cover in that position shame we're short of a centre back now. 

I think Shepherd did it because of the takeover. That's why we were only buying someone if we sold Milner, so that Shepherd doesn't lose anymore money. I hope to god they do take over, end this Shepherd horror and we can do some proper legitimate buying in January

I really "hope" there is a takeover, Shepherds popularity rating is at an all time low, the word incompetent springs to mind for the one-millionth time when describing our leader

It's always the same though isn't it. Right now people are talking about what a moron he is, yet last month they were hailing the signings of Duff and Martins.

It would be no suprise to me if we signed Bridge and another good player in january, then everyones saying what a wonderfull chairman he is.

:clap:

I agree, Remember last year he was getting booed at the 1st game but after we got Luque,Owen and Solano his name was being chanted.

Its funny because the pundits always say Newcastle fans are the most forgiving.

Forgiving or fickle?

There are very few Newcastle fans that i have met don't in some way change there opinion when the going gets tough. Just look at the way peoples opinion has changed of Roeder in the last few hours. Never mind days.

I for one am fully backing the manager and the talented players we have in the squad. We needed a couple more players and we haven't got them, boo hoo lets just crack on.

:lol: you said it not me  :winking:

It does make me laugh when they say it because i know what they realy wanna say but your right most fans are fickle in there own way, Ive been known to change my opinion from time to time.

Im backing the manager, Roeder has taken on a massive job after Souness left and people expected him to sort it all out this transfer window on little transfer money. The only thing im slightly disappointed about is the fact that we didnt streghten the full back areas, We got Bernard but that wasnt the player we all were hoping for.

I'm not pretending i don't do it. When we signed Owen, apart of me wanted chant "there's only one freddy sheppard", but i refrained when i remember how he got rid of Bobby and all the other countless mishaps he has had.

If Roeder had set out to sign Bernard in the first place there would not have been as much a problem. The problem was that he left it late and proved he failed in the transfer market with his number one targets. At least we have cover in that position shame we're short of a centre back now.

I think everyone knew Bridge was our main LB target and i think Roeder was confident of getting him but the Cole transfer dragged on and on and in the end we missed out but i think we'll be in for him in January.

This is a comment from a City fan regarding our new signing. What did Roeder say about his heading skills again?

His good points - He works hard, doesn't cause any problems off field, can play left wing, up front or (probably his best position) playing off a main striker, is tall and fit, he'll be cheap

His bad points - He is poor in just about all those positions, his heading is atrocious (one headed goal in over 35 attempts at City), he drifts in and out of games, he looks lazy, he looks disinterested most of the time and he will not be a good acquisition for you.

I thought (nay dreamt) we may get rid of him for free or at least on loan, but to get actual cash was amazing, I can't believe what Roeder sees in him. Good luck, you'll need it ;-)

Guest MARTIAN

I think he is a poor player but since he is a NUFC player now.  Lets give it our utmost support to him.  It is not his fault that our just as bad manager wants him.  Hope he will at least his all when he played...we may lack in quality but hopefully not lack in heart. 

On the other hand, i can just see the end of the season headline: Newcastle relegated.

This is a comment from a City fan regarding our new signing. What did Roeder say about his heading skills again?

His good points - He works hard, doesn't cause any problems off field, can play left wing, up front or (probably his best position) playing off a main striker, is tall and fit, he'll be cheap

His bad points - He is poor in just about all those positions, his heading is atrocious (one headed goal in over 35 attempts at City), he drifts in and out of games, he looks lazy, he looks disinterested most of the time and he will not be a good acquisition for you.

I thought (nay dreamt) we may get rid of him for free or at least on loan, but to get actual cash was amazing, I can't believe what Roeder sees in him. Good luck, you'll need it ;-)

He scored more than 1. I've had time to think about it and I can remember 3.  bluebiggrin.gif

This idea that he's good in the air comes from a spectacularly powerful long range headed goal he scored against Leeds once upon a monday. I would describe it as a flash in the pan.

He scored more than 1. I've had time to think about it and I can remember 3. bluebiggrin.gif

he said 1 goal in 35 'headed' attempts

How French does he want to be!? Eurgh.

In other news: in the background a certain shirt got me interested, "DYER 8" - in the European style, our next UEFA match is 13 days away. IS THE BLING KING BACK ON TIME!?

That was more interesting than anything Sibierski said, tbh.

He scored more than 1. I've had time to think about it and I can remember 3. bluebiggrin.gif

Ya, I can remember 3 headed goals. Leeds home from the edge of the box, Birmingham at home when the keeper came and flapped, Norwich away from about 2 yards...

Ya, I can remember 3 headed goals. Leeds home from the edge of the box, Birmingham at home when the keeper came and flapped, Norwich away from about 2 yards...

fair enough, you must have some fkin memory to remember those :D

Guest thompers

is thompers happy we haven't made another "trophy signing".......

Like Luque  :lol:

Is NE5 happy that we've signed a shit player, because teams can't stay at the top forever and this move will help us fall :lol:

Where is the logic in this signing, surely it cant be looked at as strenghting the midfield as we were even considering letting Milner go.

Fucking ludacris

is thompers happy we haven't made another "trophy signing".......

Like Luque  :lol:

Is NE5 happy that we've signed a shit player, because teams can't stay at the top forever and this move will help us fall :lol:

To be fair, you have said that you hate it when we sign top players.

Where is the logic in this signing, surely it cant be looked at as strenghting the midfield as we were even considering letting Milner go.

Fucking ludacris

http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/gallery/i/l/ludacris/lg1.jpg

Fucking ludacris

IMO Sibierski won't be played in the midfield. He'll be used up front as back-up to win balls in the air, hold up play, etc.