Obafemi Offered New Deal?

Willow

Its the sun here if its around the 70k deal then good deal IMO.

No, it isnt. Rooney and Fabregas arent on that, nobody at Everton or Spurs is on anything near that. Why does he deserve it?

I thought we had smart businessmen running the club now.

i'm pretty sceptical about keegan coming back as manager but i honestly believe one thing - we will see a new martins once keegan gets his hands on him

he'll teach him to play the game to his strengths, use his pace/power and work the channels stretching defences...i think people forget too easily under how much of an impact his pace had on games when he was given licence to roam down the flanks, under roeder (17 goals and 5 assists in a poor team)

keegan will make him dangerous and renew his confidence, he'll be worth his weight in gold once that happens

fly in the ointment will be owen, if keegan banks on his fitness at the expense of developing martins we might as well sell him

Unless anything actually comes out of Chris Morts & Keegans mouth, I aint going to believe it.  Some of the shit that has been published over the last couple of weeks has been shocking.

The papers know nothing.

Would be great if true but come on its utter shite, KK is not going to offer a player that sort of deal when he has not even had one training session with him..

I do think he will sign a new deal with us once he is back and spends time with Keegan...

Guest RealGeordie

I think no one on this earth is worth 90k a week but who cares? We have Ashley eh... :rolleyes:

That's today's football business, if Martins gets a better offer from another club, he's away. But it seems Keegan wants to keep him, so they just had to make an offer which he can't refuse.

Sounds like a load of bollocks. Keegan wants to extend the contract of and pay so much money to someone he's never even seen train? Okay.

This, plus Keegan said that any contract issues had to wait, plus previous stories have had Martins on less than £45,000.

Guest RealGeordie

People on this board have no faith in Martins, yet he's scored 7 (?) goals this season in a s*** team playing on the right wing most of the time.

The lad is a star in the making, I'm sure.

One word: Allardyce... :rolleyes:

You're right, he's only 22 (?) and has got a bright future, but he's not worth 90k a week as it isn't any footballer.

It was on SSN this morning - Extension to 2013 on 90k a week and also scraps the £13m escape clause

But they were only reporting rumours in the papers.

Good news Martins & Taylor are signing new deals, glad to know both are in KK's future plans.

I wouldn't worry about the figures, its probably more likely to be around £60k pw (£16m) as that was the figure talked about last year for getting the clause out and i doubt his stock has risen since, if anything its took a tumble.

Unless anything actually comes out of Chris Morts & Keegans mouth, I aint going to believe it.  Some of the shit that has been published over the last couple of weeks has been shocking.

The papers know nothing.

i find it funny that people take storys like this which are seen as a negative as fact, but when were linked to players in a positive way its seen as bullshite.

Guest criminalz

90K??!! wow thats a lot of money...

I guess i know KK vision for the team in future. He is going to flood the team with players who can go from 0-100 in under 10secs.  Newcastle, the fastest team in EPL and possibly the whole world.

Well, on a more serious note. I frankly feel oba is a really good player, just unfortunate constantly overlook due to other more famous, not necessary better, players on the team. Under KK he will flourish, My god he is only in his early 20s. i hope they would get rid of owen though...the most actions he seen is in the treatment room.

Guest Sniffer

Clearly, Keegan needs a No.2 to inject some reality into this soap opera and provide some perspective beyond the yes men.

I'd rather sell Martins than offer him a deal until 2013. Far too erratic and living on  a few spectacular goals with no consistency at all.