The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

SLK, which one you think had a better game yesterday Luque or Duff?

And do you think it was a right decision to give Martins the sacred number 9 shirt?

I NEVER said Luque had a GREAT game or better game than this or that...All I'm saying is that some people should take of their anti Luque glasses before writing some rubbish...Duff was WASTEFUL SELFISH AND HAD NO END PRODUCT...

In regards to the shirt thing...Well I hope Martins can be up to the task to represent the shirt becaues to me that shirt should be worn by Luque (Ok that was a WIND UP :lol:) No seriously to me Klose and Huntelaar would have been perfect for the number 9 but if Martins can deliver the goods then he deserves it...time will tell...Hopefully he can get better service from our SELFISH midfielders than they do for Luque...

Oh and not forgetting about your point of thinking I am alone in thinking it is STUPID to put the blame fully on Luque and make him the scapegoat, well I am sure I read a number of posters in this thread and the other one about he post match report suggesting similar things about Duff and the rest of the midfield...

I've got a feeling you're talking about me here, so I thought I'd reproduce a few pertinent points -

I've been a fence-sitter re Luque until this match - no more. As GeJon says, he's not a lone striker, but he seems to have no idea about getting into good positions, doesn't look like putting himself about, and his teammates clearly have absolutely no faith in him. If Freddy can get a decent price before the window closes (and get a half-decent replacement in) then it's for the best for all concerned...

This one won't be popular, but... does anyone else think Duff is a bit too hungry? I'm not saying he's not a class player, and it's seems to me he doesn't rate Luque, but at times he looked like he thought he had to do it all himself...?

What I saw was a team who simply didn't trust him enough to give him the ball - and with his poor positioning, poor effort off the ball, poor first touch and apparent disinterest, I can't really blame them...

I raised the question of whether Duff was too hungry in the post-match thread, but upon further reflection it's easily understandable... Imagine you yourself are playing in a free role in a Sunday League, and the guy playing up front is someone you know is going to let the ball roll past him, or bounce of his shins, you'd stop passing it to him, right? And try to do it all yourself? You can't keep passing it to him in the hope he'll get it right sooner or later...

As far as I could see Duff did seem a bit hungry at times, but he linked up with other players, just not Luque...

Now, both you and I are splitting hairs, trying to get inside the heads of players. You're of the opinion that our players were too selfish to pass to Luque, I'm of the opinion they (especially Duff) were happy to pass to anyone except Luque because they don't trust him - and the fact is both could be true and neither can be proved

Sorry for the very long post, but I am not going to be considered a supporter of your views SLK

SLK yet to answer whether he thinks, no goals aside, Luque's performance merits picking him again based on his movement and the way he created space for himself.  Or not as the case may be................

Yes I think with Solano on the right side, and a midfield told to pass the ball to Luque, I would definitely put him in the team at least for one half...

Is this the answer your looking for !!!!!

It's the answer I was expecting.  Duff last night was twice the player Solano has been all season.  Not only do you think Luque deserves another shot, you also think Solano should get a game ahead of Duff - he really has upset you not threading balls through the eye of a needle to the marked out of the game Spanish lummox hasn't he?

If I was in Luque's place I would be really really angry at Duff for not giving the ball to me when I was on a number of occasions being unmarked and had acres of space to do soemthing with the ball...Go watch the game again if you can and you will see what how Duff was Dumb...

Guest Gemmill

SLK yet to answer whether he thinks, no goals aside, Luque's performance merits picking him again based on his movement and the way he created space for himself.  Or not as the case may be................

Yes I think with Solano on the right side, and a midfield told to pass the ball to Luque, I would definitely put him in the team at least for one half...

Is this the answer your looking for !!!!!

It's the answer I was expecting.  Duff last night was twice the player Solano has been all season.  Not only do you think Luque deserves another shot, you also think Solano should get a game ahead of Duff - he really has upset you not threading balls through the eye of a needle to the marked out of the game Spanish lummox hasn't he?

If I was in Luque's place I would be really really angry at Duff for not giving the ball to me when I was on a number of occasions being unmarked and had acres of space to do soemthing with the ball...Go watch the game again if you can and you will see what how Duff was Dumb...

I have NEVER seen anyone misread a game and a player's performance to the extent that you have in this instance.  Never.  And I include footballing conversations with my mother in this assessment.  You either don't understand the game of football at all (which I'd like to think is wrong), or you're so blinded by your desire for Luque to succeed that you're lashing out at everyone else because you can't bear to face up to the fact that he's finished here.

Either way, you're coming out of this looking pretty clueless.

Oh and not forgetting about your point of thinking I am alone in thinking it is STUPID to put the blame fully on Luque and make him the scapegoat, well I am sure I read a number of posters in this thread and the other one about he post match report suggesting similar things about Duff and the rest of the midfield...

I've got a feeling you're talking about me here, so I thought I'd reproduce a few pertinent points -

I've been a fence-sitter re Luque until this match - no more. As GeJon says, he's not a lone striker, but he seems to have no idea about getting into good positions, doesn't look like putting himself about, and his teammates clearly have absolutely no faith in him. If Freddy can get a decent price before the window closes (and get a half-decent replacement in) then it's for the best for all concerned...

This one won't be popular, but... does anyone else think Duff is a bit too hungry? I'm not saying he's not a class player, and it's seems to me he doesn't rate Luque, but at times he looked like he thought he had to do it all himself...?

What I saw was a team who simply didn't trust him enough to give him the ball - and with his poor positioning, poor effort off the ball, poor first touch and apparent disinterest, I can't really blame them...

I raised the question of whether Duff was too hungry in the post-match thread, but upon further reflection it's easily understandable... Imagine you yourself are playing in a free role in a Sunday League, and the guy playing up front is someone you know is going to let the ball roll past him, or bounce of his shins, you'd stop passing it to him, right? And try to do it all yourself? You can't keep passing it to him in the hope he'll get it right sooner or later...

As far as I could see Duff did seem a bit hungry at times, but he linked up with other players, just not Luque...

Now, both you and I are splitting hairs, trying to get inside the heads of players. You're of the opinion that our players were too selfish to pass to Luque, I'm of the opinion they (especially Duff) were happy to pass to anyone except Luque because they don't trust him - and the fact is both could be true and neither can be proved

Sorry for the very long post, but I am not going to be considered a supporter of your views SLK

And everyone can read my reply to you and see that I've said that I don't agree with everything you said but you clearly you state that Duff was "too hungry and had to do everything himself"...And my wordin for that is Duff was WASTEFUL AND SELFISH as you have already quoted above from our previous conversation...

Since Robert's and Bellamy's respective departures we've lacked two players who were willing to chance their arm from distance. At least we seem to have that element back in the midfield area in the form of Duff and N'Zogbia, regardless of where they play on the midfield line. Hopefully ,and i'm extremely confident he will, Martins will be provide the same threat on the frontline.

Player's willing to gamble, and generally willing to grab the game by the shirt collar was something that was evidently missing during Clueless' reign, especially after the binning of the two players mentioned. Anybody suggesting otherwise is speaking bollocks imo.

Duff must've put in about 12 crosses by himself. Off the top of my head, I also remember a drag-back to Milner which should've been a goal. He put a ball on a fucking plate for Luque who botched what should've been a certain goal.

Guest Gemmill

Jesus wept, I think he might have finally gone to bed. :lol:  He's probably wearing women's underwear and having dreams where he's naked, covered in human faeces, dancing across a desert or something, the crazy gallah.

Since Robert's and Bellamy's respective departures we've lacked two players who were willing to chance their arm from distance. At least we seem to have that element back in the midfield area in the form of Duff and N'Zogbia, regardless of where they play on the midfield line. Hopefully ,and i'm extremely confident he will, Martins will be provide the same threat on the frontline.

Player's willing to gamble, and generally willing to grab the game by the shirt collar was something that was evidently missing during Clueless' reign, especially after the binning of the two players mentioned. Anybody suggesting otherwise is speaking bollocks imo.

I agree with the sentiment, but did Bellamy ever really chance his arm from distance?

Emre is another who can give us this threat, had a couple of decent digs last night.

Guest meshman

He put a ball on a fucking plate for Luque who botched what should've been a certain goal.

On more than one occasion tbh,  he looked out of position 95% of the time - and 2 steps away from where he should have been the other 5%.

its a shame - but sell him imo tbf like

I agree with the sentiment, but did Bellamy ever really chance his arm from distance?

Emre is another who can give us this threat, had a couple of decent digs last night.

He wasn't prolific but he filled his quota, and for a player who at the time wasn't that great a shooter outside the box that was enough. Bellamy forced whoever was charged with the duty of containing him into a dilemma. Does the defender play off him and run the risk of Bellamy eventually hitting the target, or does the defender mark him tightly while exposing himself to Bellamy's running with the ball at pace and a potential game changing decision on the referee's part, the later case was a common occurance when Bellamy plied his trade here or as some might say based on one interview quote "purely looking out for himself".

Last night was the final straw, he was weak, indescisive and looked totally uninterested against a really poor side, a team that was there for him to rip to pieces. I think his problem is partly a confidence thing and partly the fact that i think he knows himself that he just isnt cut out for the demands of the more robust english game, and rather than trying to adapt and prove himself he's just drifting along. Anyone that says he deserves to be in the side now, needs their head testing!

Agreed. However, I do think he'll still come good some time this season, he just needs something to boost his confidence.

Agreed. However, I do think he'll still come good some time this season, he just needs something to boost his confidence.

50k a week, scoring in friendlies, being given a full 90 minutes, the chance to get his place in the Spanish squad, being full fit this season, showing people he just had a bad time last season and the chance to pull on the black and white strip not a big enough boost then ?

Well I was in the toilets in the level 6 boxes last night and Michael Owen missed the bin with his hand towel and said "God I'm nearlly as bad as Luque"!

:lol:

Are you for real?

Jesus wept, I think he might have finally gone to bed. :lol:  He's probably wearing women's underwear and having dreams where he's naked, covered in human faeces, dancing across a desert or something, the crazy gallah.

I'm your nightmare :lol:

Seriously mate...Do you actually go and sleep like a chicken around 6pm ? And what is with all your fantasies being put on line for all to see...Just don't wet yourself here :lol:

As for Luque, I've lost hope for him now. I was one of those wanting to give him a chance but he's just not upto it. We can't even blame the pace of the English game last night as we were playing a bunch of Eastern European nobodies. Still think he'll go back to someone like Sevilla or Athletic Madrid and re-carve a successful career for himself in La Liga and win his Spanish squad place back. Just him and Newcastle don't mix and it's time we accepted it.

Guest Gemmill

I'm your nightmare :lol:

Seriously mate...Do you actually go and sleep like a chicken around 6pm ? And what is with all your fantasies being put on line for all to see...Just don't wet yourself here :lol:

Sleep like a chicken?  What are you on about you goon? :lol:

I think Luque is certianly not an out an out striker but someone who who should play behind a proper stiker feeding the ball to him, to me this is where Roeder should play him and I hope now that Martins will be playing this is where Luque will play.

50k a week, scoring in friendlies, being given a full 90 minutes, the chance to get his place in the Spanish squad, being full fit this season, showing people he just had a bad time last season and the chance to pull on the black and white strip not a big enough boost then ?

Where did I say it wasn't?

End of the day he needs to find his confidence somehow, incentives or no incentives.

Well I was in the toilets in the level 6 boxes last night and Michael Owen missed the bin with his hand towel and said "God I'm nearlly as bad as Luque"!

:lol:

Are you for real?

Yep it was straight after the match had finished