The Newcastle World interviews.

Rocker

For those who don't have World, there are two interviews (one with Tayls and one with Owen), and they are very open about the negative football we played under Allardyce.

Owen saying, 'at five foot nothing, I shouldn't have to be flicking the ball onto anyone. Players like Viduka, myself and Shola  :blush:, need the ball along the ground'

Owen also said that the players had actually lost confidence in their footballing ability, and says Kevin is bringing that back to them.

Both Taylor and Owen said they have been doing some 'high intensity' training too.

Regarding the Arsenal match, they both said they need to go there and go forward, and said under the previous regime it may have been the case of shutting up shop.

Nothing suprising here, just enjoyed the digs tbh  :smitten:

:lol:

It is interesting how both Owen and Taylor do mention the Big Sam style of play ad not in a good way positive way, getting the feeling that the squad were not to happy with Big Sam, Keegan but be like a breath of fresh air.

Also KK says the only way we'll know when we've signed someone, is when they unveil them at a press-conference.

I'd love that.

Makes signings a lot more exciting, I'd literally piss my pants if it was a very high quality player out of the blue

Owen also said that the players had actually lost confidence in their footballing ability

You could see that increasingly in every performance they had under BSA. I've never been a fan of sacking managers mid-season but in this case everything points to the right decision. Not least that it gives Keegan so much time to plan for next year rather than just a summer close season.

World interviews make me cringe. Craig Hope's like that tit on Big Brother, trying to make his "Geordie" accent as pronounced as possible and just ends up sounding like a right plank. :lol:

They're all as bad like, my mate's got Boro World, it's like journalism done by a nursery school.

World interviews make me cringe. Craig Hope's like that tit on Big Brother, trying to make his "Geordie" accent as pronounced as possible and just ends up sounding like a right plank. :lol:

Ungrateful. :hmm:

:smitten:

Guest Ridzuan

Glad to see Owen being honest and open about his views.If Big Sam was still here,I think Owen would have gone by now at least.

It's true though. Always the same questions being asked ("How have you settled on Tyneside, Mark?" "Was the fans a big motivator for you tonight, Oba?") and never allowing the players to actually say anything interesting.

Edit: I haven't watched these two yet though