This Willie McKay fella and ProActive links...

Guest Andrew Flintoff

• 2 months later...

Just read some comments of his on Joey Barton, and he has literally just boiled my blood:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/5195524.stm

Manchester City's hopes of agreeing a new long-term deal with Joey Barton are on hold while they resolve a cash wrangle with his agent Willie McKay.

McKay is understood to be demanding a fee of around £100,000 for the renegotiation of Barton's contract.

City refuse to comment, but it is believed they feel the demand is excessive and want more talks.

McKay told the Manchester Evening News: "It is bang out of order for information like this to go public."

He added: "It's unprofessional. They're just having a pop."

And he said: "It's just propaganda and I am fed up with it. I'm trying to do my best for Barton.

"I brought in Nicolas Anelka, Ali Benarbia, Daniel van Buyten, Marc-Vivien Foe and Antoine Sibierski into City."

McKay also claimed he could have got a better deal for Barton than the four-year contract he may now sign with City.

He said: "I could have got him £15,000 or £20,000 more than City have offered, but Joey just doesn't want the hassle."

But Middlesbrough are the only club to have made a firm inquiry for Barton, despite reported interest from Newcastle United and Everton.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Don't get me started again on this twat. We should make my thread about him a sticky and add all this crap in.

• 1 month later...

He soon backed down and dropped his demands once City announced this. Apparently not interested in having it publicly known hes on the take.

McKay told the Manchester Evening News: "It is bang out of order for information like this to go public."

He added: "It's unprofessional. They're just having a pop."

And Brown paper bags aren't?  :lol:

Can I just bump this by saying...Sibierski and Bernard.

Cunt.

I remember when Bernard was taking the piss with his contract, looking through dozens of news stories for the name of his agent and it wasn't reported in any. Does anyone know if Bernard is a new addition to the Mackay group or whether he was the parasite that fucked things up in the first place?

As for Sibierski, it's so "Mackay", it's untrue. Something should be done about it, it's disgraceful.

Can I just bump this by saying...Sibierski and Bernard.

Cunt.

I remember when Bernard was taking the piss with his contract, looking through dozens of news stories for the name of his agent and it wasn't reported in any. Does anyone know if Bernard is a new addition to the Mackay group or whether he was the parasite that fucked things up in the first place?

As for Sibierski, it's so "Mackay", it's untrue. Something should be done about it, it's disgraceful.

i read an Oliver article from last year and apparently Bernard's agent at the time was a Belgian fella...

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Just looking around, and I can see the following McKunt players have all moved during the transfer window:

Boumsong, Faye, Sibierski, Bernard, Chimbonda, Anelka, Mears, Robert, Jason Roberts, Traore, Dabo (and looking at the teams involved - Newcastle, Man City, Wigan and Charlton figure highly there).

Joey Barton also signed that high profile new deal at Man City (surprise surprise), as did perennial transferrer Henri Camara at Wigan (surprise surprise again).

Just looking around, and I can see the following McKunt players have all moved during the transfer window:

Boumsong, Faye, Sibierski, Bernard, Chimbonda, Anelka, Mears, Robert, Jason Roberts, Traore, Dabo (and looking at the teams involved - Newcastle, Man City, Wigan and Charlton figure highly there).

Joey Barton also signed that high profile new deal at Man City (surprise surprise), as did perennial transferrer Henri Camara at Wigan (surprise surprise again).

Wouldn't mind 5% of those transfers... :cool:

Something is definitely up here regarding Shepherd and McKay. Last year it was Boumsong and Faye, this year it is Sibierski and Bernard.

What are the odds on a Willie McKay player joining Newcastle in January? I doubt the bookies would even give you a price.

looks a bit shady indeed.

cheers for the info.

Strange isn't it that Shepherd is so keen to do business with such a "Dirty postcards" type agent ?

With such a stable of clowns ?

• 10 months later...

apparently the Zog is also among McKay's clients..

Agents make money by having players move regularly or sign bigger deals at current clubs. They're not in business for fun.