No signings = relegation?

Guest Brazilianbob

Relegation.  :lol:

Sheesh, sometimes I feel this board has dipolar disorder. One week, half the members are telling each other that Keegan will challange for the title next season. Then, the week after, we get a thread saying you are going to get relegated.

Seriously ffs, you're not going to get relegated. For one thing, no matter how poorly you play and no matter how little points you pick up, 3 of Derby, Fulham, Brum, Sunderland and middlesbrough will end up with less points than you. Their squads are shite compared to yours.

Surely a fine example of consistency? People are saying we'll get relegated, but then challenge for the Championship trophy. Sounds fair to me.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Relegation.  :lol:

Sheesh, sometimes I feel this board has dipolar disorder. One week, half the members are telling each other that Keegan will challange for the title next season. Then, the week after, we get a thread saying you are going to get relegated.

Seriously ffs, you're not going to get relegated. For one thing, no matter how poorly you play and no matter how little points you pick up, 3 of Derby, Fulham, Brum, Sunderland and middlesbrough will end up with less points than you. Their squads are s**** compared to yours.

Surely a fine example of consistency? People are saying we'll get relegated, but then challenge for the Championship trophy. Sounds fair to me.

:lol:You see, I was thinking of suggesting that but then I thought it might be a bit excessive. Still, I think relegation might scupper plans of the most successful transfer window ever for NUFC ;)

However, I feel I must enquire as to why you have a semi-naked Keegan as your picture. Doubt many of us want to see that tbh.  :lol:

We might not see the most successful window ever, but we'd probably see the most numerous, which would undoubtedly please some short-sighted people on here.

As for the avatar, I'll change it as soon as I can merge KK's face onto my old Scrubs one! Hopefully this weekend.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

We might not see the most successful window ever, but we'd probably see the most numerous, which would undoubtedly please some short-sighted people on here.

As for the avatar, I'll change it as soon as I can merge KK's face onto my old Scrubs one! Hopefully this weekend.

;D Please, asap. My eyes hurt just looking at it.

our players look and play like bottom 6 material.

Do not agree witrh this. Who in your opinion then are the bottom 6 that are on a par with us, our of interest?

If you compare Birmingham or Fulham's options in midfield with our own, I don't think you'd find a number of players that are clearly inferior to our own.  I just don't see Butt, Milner, Emre as particularly effective players given the standard set by the top half teams.  They aren't top 6 (or even top half) material.

As I said, I don't think we'll go down, but I'm not kidding myself that we're anything more than average in most areas.

When did we won our last game????????forget about Stoke

Is it 2 wins from 15 league games? Both last minute winners v relegation fodder?

I dont think we are in serious danger of relegation, but this is relegation form. I'm still confident things will improve though.

What's with this getting to hand pick which games are counted and which games aren't?

:frantic: :frantic:OMFG!!!!!  If you take out all our wins and draws we are on 0 points!!!!!!!!!!  We are doomed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frantic: :frantic:

The facts are that the current team have 27 points from 23 games.  On that form we should be safe.  Or is Keegan a worse manager than Big Sam?

Is it 2 wins from 15 league games? Both last minute winners v relegation fodder?

I dont think we are in serious danger of relegation, but this is relegation form. I'm still confident things will improve though.

What's with this getting to hand pick which games are counted and which games aren't?

:frantic: :frantic:OMFG!!!!!  If you take out all our wins and draws we are on 0 points!!!!!!!!!!  We are doomed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frantic: :frantic:

The facts are that the current team have 27 points from 23 games.  On that form we should be safe.  Or is Keegan a worse manager than Big Sam?

A quick check of the fixtures should blunt thine sarcasm.  bluerazz.gif

first time I've posted in this thread and tbh, the title made me laugh.  Does Bernie Slaven post on here?  He's the one spouting such shite saying if we lose to the beasts we're relegation candidates.

I don't see how anyone can think we'll get relegated.  Derby are definitely down, and Fulham look shitter by the week.  Then you can always rely on Brum/Wigan/the unwashed to drop points while we're scraping around picking up the odd point here and there.

I don't see how ANYONE can think we'll go down this season!

first time I've posted in this thread and tbh, the title made me laugh.  Does Bernie Slaven post on here?  He's the one spouting such s**** saying if we lose to the beasts we're relegation candidates.

I don't see how anyone can think we'll get relegated.  Derby are definitely down, and Fulham look shitter by the week.  Then you can always rely on Brum/Wigan/the unwashed to drop points while we're scraping around picking up the odd point here and there.

I don't see how ANYONE can think we'll go down this season!

Try hammering a 6" nail into one of your ears, you'll soon understand them, it's one of the few ways I can think of.

A quick check of the fixtures should blunt thine sarcasm.  bluerazz.gif

It's not that it isn't possible that we will go down (although extremely unlikely), only that ommitting data that doesn't support your agruement seems a bit like cheating to me.

A bit like trying to prove that we can't go down by asking that our fixtures against top 4 sides aren't taken into account.

An attacking team mindset, where we'll look to dominate sides below us on the table as opposed to slogging it out with them as seen under Allarydce, should see pick up enough points to avoid the drop. The points spread has pretty much been shared amongst the top 4 or 5, so there's very little in the way of 'top-to-bottom' balance in the league this season hence the gap between the CL contenders and the also-rans.

This lack of balance within the league has been our saving grace this season.

Guest Lee-Mus

Relegation dont be so silly we aint ever gonna get relegated.  King Kev still has 4 players to come back from the african nations so to him this will be like 4 new signings.  We prob wont buy in this window because teams dont want to sell good players half way through a season, just wait until the end of the season and he gets to play around with money, then we will see just why Ashley brought back King Kev

I think Emre could be very important to the end of our season

And Duff

KK could re create him into the 'wing wizard' we saw and coverted at Blackburn and Chelski

Have we tried Emre on the right wing instead of Milner?

Surely he can put in a much better ball than he can

4 teams below us picking up points last night? Impossible according to some people on here.

You forgot to mention that Birmingham and Wigan lost and gained no points last night !

Fck me man.

4 teams below us picking up points last night? Impossible according to some people on here.

You forgot to mention that Birmingham and Wigan lost and gained no points last night !

Fck me man.

Because they were playing other teams in the bottom half.

You happy with 4th from bottom?

Fck me man.

Because they were playing other teams in the bottom half.

You happy with 4th from bottom?

For this season? Yes. Next? No.