Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 29/01/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

Our problems are clearly in midfield, and not at the back. We don't have the incisive midfielders who work to cut off the supply lines to forward positions of the opposing teams.

Need to get shot of Butt sharpish.

Milner is NOT a f****** winger. Milner should play in the middle. His technique is superb, but his obvious lack of pace is a massive hinderance, and his crossing is nowhere near as consistent as it should be. IMO in order to get the best out of Milner as a footballer, he must be used in a different position somewhere central. He's tenacious and doesnt give up the chase. He has a very quick thinking football brain, but doesnt have the twinkle toes that let him turn and show defenders a clean set of heels. IMO would make a very good central midfield player, or play in the "hole" in support of a big strong striker.

I'm not picking on Milner here...but in my eyes he is a major reason why we have been so poor in the last while. Being the most technically gifted player who has a non-stop engine, he is always the outlet when we're under pressure....and more often than not we lose the ball because of his limitations.

so much more to analyze and go through....can't be arsed.

as has been said, the revolution starts here. the arsenal games have been good, as they showed KK what we're lacking in comparison to one of the best footballing sides out there. I hope that KK had his eyes on Arsenal more than on our players in these last 2 matches, and thinking up how to get us playing like that.

What pissed me off most about this and alot of other performances, is there is absolutley no movement in midfiled, i thought Duff was really good tonight, there is absolutley no movement in that midfield though, everytime i saw someone with the ball most of the players would run away looking for space they wouldnt find, when arsenal had the ball, 2 to 3 players would move to the ball. It just looked so simple, i dont understand how we cant instil that.

Dominated. Again. Some of our players do not know how to control the ball under pressure. Shame. I expected as much anyway. The support was brilliant for the most part though. Except for the group of old geezers beside me who abused everything and everyone.

Chant of the night: 'fight fight fight fight fight' when Bendtner was sent on :lol:

Honourable mention: from the four blokes next to me, 'his dad washes (?) elephants, his mom's a whore, Adebayor, Adebayor' :lol: a bit distasteful but I thought it was really witty

i've just come back from the game. while i did not expect us to win and we did not play great with 2 DM'S in centre midfield i was appalled by the officials tonight. I have never seen so many bad decisions in a football match. I'm going to write a letter to keith hackett tomorrow. so many of the riley's decisions were baffling and i cannot stand this non physical premiership. whats wrong with a bit of a hustle....not in a take the legs out way but merely getting in someone's back or face

I wouldn't expect a t*** (or dicksplash :lol: ) like Riley to give decisions to away teams if the home teams are Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea. He is a very good referee technically, but he's a showboat and loves being in the limelight. The c*** has ALWAYS presided over some of the most baffling decisions against us when playing away to these teams. I'm sure he's fucked over teams like Villa, Everton, etc... plenty at those grounds.

He's a bottler. the c***

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Right maybe my smilies abuse will cheer some of you up. Arsenal good team, better than us but not 3-0 better. Considering we managed to put some good passing movements together sunday looks good. Barton was really good when he came on, so hopefully he will start on sunday.

We lost to arsenal, beat the smogies and were miles off the fizzy pop zone. KK has had two weeks, we are missing two of out main defenders, cf and a slow bloke who can pass it from time to time. I'm confident we will finish top half, lets look forward to sunday, and cheer the fuck up  O0

Right, i get slated for being a negative cunt, etc, but come on! Jesus....

1) barton was not "really good", unless your idea of what is good has been permanently damaged by watching Smith and Rozenhal play.

2) Our passing play was good, was it? Did you see Asrenals passing?? THAT was good passing.

3) If our passing was so good, how many shots on targets (or even CHANCES for shots on target) did it create?

4) You are confident that we'll end up in the top half. We are 6 points behind 10th, who are a better team than us, and have 2 games in hand, and TEN points behind 9th, who have a game in hand. What exactly is your confidence based on? Because as far as I can see, WITH the African players we have 3/4 of a decent (and no more at this point) defence, a weak midfield and a poor front line. WITHOUT them, its all of the above, minus the decent defence.

I'm not saying we are going to get relegated - Derby, Fulham etc will make sure of that for us. But please, please, take of the black and white tinted glasses, and try to see us with some objectivity. We're NOT a good side, the so-called class players (Barton, Smith, Viduka) are miles from that, and unless we do something drastic EARLY in summer, the other clubs (who are making forward steps all the time) will move further beyond us. We used to think we were a big club like Man Utd, Liverpool etc. We weren't, really, but we thought we were. Then we thought we were the biggest and best of the "second tier" - us, Villa, Spurs, etc. We aren't that, either. we're 13 points behind the bitter Blues (who have a game in hand), 14 behind Villa, 15 behind Everton (who have a manager some cretins were vocally against us getting). These teams are better than us - their players are better than ours, and their managers have been better than ours. We need to fucking sort ourselves out just to keep up with those clubs. And we need to stop the fucking pathetic idea that anyone who plays/works for us is by default "great".

Guest bleedinblacknwhite

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Right maybe my smilies abuse will cheer some of you up. Arsenal good team, better than us but not 3-0 better. Considering we managed to put some good passing movements together sunday looks good. Barton was really good when he came on, so hopefully he will start on sunday.

We lost to arsenal, beat the smogies and were miles off the fizzy pop zone. KK has had two weeks, we are missing two of out main defenders, cf and a slow bloke who can pass it from time to time. I'm confident we will finish top half, lets look forward to sunday, and cheer the f*** up  O0

Right, i get slated for being a negative c***, etc, but come on! Jesus....

1) barton was not "really good", unless your idea of what is good has been permanently damaged by watching Smith and Rozenhal play.

2) Our passing play was good, was it? Did you see Asrenals passing?? THAT was good passing.

3) If our passing was so good, how many shots on targets (or even CHANCES for shots on target) did it create?

4) You are confident that we'll end up in the top half. We are 6 points behind 10th, who are a better team than us, and have 2 games in hand, and TEN points behind 9th, who have a game in hand. What exactly is your confidence based on? Because as far as I can see, WITH the African players we have 3/4 of a decent (and no more at this point) defence, a weak midfield and a poor front line. WITHOUT them, its all of the above, minus the decent defence.

I'm not saying we are going to get relegated - Derby, Fulham etc will make sure of that for us. But please, please, take of the black and white tinted glasses, and try to see us with some objectivity. We're NOT a good side, the so-called class players (Barton, Smith, Viduka) are miles from that, and unless we do something drastic EARLY in summer, the other clubs (who are making forward steps all the time) will move further beyond us. We used to think we were a big club like Man Utd, Liverpool etc. We weren't, really, but we thought we were. Then we thought we were the biggest and best of the "second tier" - us, Villa, Spurs, etc. We aren't that, either. we're 13 points behind the bitter Blues (who have a game in hand), 14 behind Villa, 15 behind Everton (who have a manager some cretins were vocally against us getting). These teams are better than us - their players are better than ours, and their managers have been better than ours. We need to f****** sort ourselves out just to keep up with those clubs. And we need to stop the f****** pathetic idea that anyone who plays/works for us is by default "great".

I can see why.

given 5 - Yet again, playing behind two banks of fucking muppets

carr 4 - Poor, back to his traditional performances after 3 decent ones.

taylor 4 - Not impressive

cacapa 3 - Made a few good tackles to get out of problems his poor play had caused. Lucky not to get punished more.

n'zogbia 3 - Raped by Arsenal first half, marginally less bad second half. Second half "attacking" run summed up his evening.

milner 4 - Not good, better in the second half when the ball spent some time on the right.

butt 5 - Effectively on his own in what he was trying to do. At least broke SOME moves up.

rozenthal 3 - Fuck off.

duff 4 - Not a world class player, 2001 was a LONG time ago.

owen 3 - For fucks sake, he's not a novice! Shoudl know how to play onside. Not a captain.

smith 3 - This is a bad footballer. We have seen, this season, why SAF was happy to get rid.

barton 5 - Meh, neither particularly good, nor as bad as some of theothers.

ameobi 4 - You, my gangly friend, are shite. Please God, can we not sell this man to a Championship club where he can be amongst his own.

Keegan - 4. Got to feel for him with the inadequate first team and poor squad he inherited, but is going to have to be GREAT to fix us.

Wise - 9. Lovely tie knot, very MOTD.

Mort - 1. Creepy.

We lost to arsenal, beat the smogies and were miles off the fizzy pop zone. KK has had two weeks, we are missing two of out main defenders, cf and a slow bloke who can pass it from time to time. I'm confident we will finish top half, lets look forward to sunday, and cheer the f*** up  O0

I'm not saying we are going to get relegated - Derby, Fulham etc will make sure of that for us. But please, please, take of the black and white tinted glasses, and try to see us with some objectivity. We're NOT a good side, the so-called class players (Barton, Smith, Viduka) are miles from that, and unless we do something drastic EARLY in summer, the other clubs (who are making forward steps all the time) will move further beyond us. We used to think we were a big club like Man Utd, Liverpool etc. We weren't, really, but we thought we were. Then we thought we were the biggest and best of the "second tier" - us, Villa, Spurs, etc. We aren't that, either. we're 13 points behind the bitter Blues (who have a game in hand), 14 behind Villa, 15 behind Everton (who have a manager some cretins were vocally against us getting). These teams are better than us - their players are better than ours, and their managers have been better than ours. We need to f****** sort ourselves out just to keep up with those clubs. And we need to stop the f****** pathetic idea that anyone who plays/works for us is by default "great".

I can see why.

Because i tell the truth, yes.

That, and the kicking puppies in the eyes thing.

I can see why.

I also get slated for one sentence replies that do fuck all to contribute to the discussion. No doubt the wankers who see fit to do that, the unofficial forum police, will not do the same to you.

I've disagreed with you on quite a lot of things in the past NM, but that is a decent dose of realism you posted there.

I think a lot of people do have some unrealistic expectations (myself included on many occasion), and we need to calm down and rebuild starting with a period of stability.

The fact is we are not a good team at the moment.

I've disagreed with you on quite a lot of things in the past NM, but that is a decent dose of realism you posted there.

I think a lot of people do have some unrealistic expectations (myself included on many occasion), and we need to calm down and rebuild starting with a period of stability.

The fact is we are not a good team at the moment.

Thank you. Maybe - just MAYBE - I have come to the understanding that i need to explain what i mean more, and not just rely on snappy (and frankly, very funny, if i do say so myself) one liners and mockery. This epiphany has nothing to do with Rodhamino.

We have a broken team at the moment and we've had the unfortunate luck to play Arsenal twice in 5 days.  Dont judge us against arsenal, judge us against the other knackers at the bottom with us.

Arsenal are in any other league at the moment.

We have a broken team at the moment and we've had the unfortunate luck to play Arsenal twice in 5 days.  Dont judge us against arsenal, judge us against the other knackers at the bottom with us.

Arsenal are in any other league at the moment.

So we shoudl ask not to play the big teams from now on?

Fucks sake, man, we're supposed to be a football club, not a fucking charity.

We get judged against ALL the teams we play, and rightly so. We're getting to the pathetic end of spin when we start to dismiss results just because its a big club!

PS - Boro beat Arsenal not too long back. And we failed to score/win/have a shot on target against Bolton. But does that not count, because it doesn't fit into this nice new ethos of ignoring games that illustrate how bad we are?

Guest thommo78

I was at the game last night and the only thing that made me smile was when Barton came on the Arsenal fans were singing "Joey pass the soap" and "Your gonna get F**ked in the shower". Had to laugh like. Apart from that we looked average all over the park. We don't know how to use Owen. Although Arsenal didn't play that well...they had another gear if needed. The movement up front is poor, very little power, midfield offers little, Butt tries hard but distribution wise he is awful. Taylor, Carr and Capacca were OK the rest were very very average. If you look at the team though only Owen was purchased for over 6million. We bought average players and they play like that. What strikes me is how many players we have that have no affinity to the club anddon't seem to care (again a fault of our buying policy). Taylor/Barton/Given aside, many of those players don't seem to "love" the toon. Contrast that of the arsenal team and every player seems to love the club and want to play there. Comes with a successful team I suppose but our lot don't seem that botherd!

I was at the game last night and the only thing that made me smile was when Barton came on the Arsenal fans were singing "Joey pass the soap" and "Your gonna get F**ked in the shower". Had to laugh like. Apart from that we looked average all over the park. We don't know how to use Owen. Although Arsenal didn't play that well...they had another gear if needed. The movement up front is poor, very little power, midfield offers little, Butt tries hard but distribution wise he is awful. Taylor, Carr and Capacca were OK the rest were very very average. If you look at the team though only Owen was purchased for over 6million. We bought average players and they play like that. What strikes me is how many players we have that have no affinity to the club anddon't seem to care (again a fault of our buying policy). Taylor/Barton/Given aside, many of those players don't seem to "love" the toon. Contrast that of the arsenal team and every player seems to love the club and want to play there. Comes with a successful team I suppose but our lot don't seem that botherd!

You think Barton "loves the toon"?? Based on what, exactly? The way he went out on a bender after Christmas? The way HE PUT HIMSELF in the position where he was unavailable to us for important games? The way he has been very poor for us so far?

Owen 7 - Worked really hard all night and made some beautiful runs, shame he was incorrectly flagged several times and when he wasn't, the through balls were consistently overhit. He will score goals when Viduka and Emre are back.

Barton 7 - After watching Smith and Butt for so long it was refreshing to watch a mobile central midfielder who showed for the ball very well and was capable of playing a quick, short pass. Start him at the weekend.

Apart from that we looked average all over the park

Arsenal make a lot of the premiership teams look average or below par. 

Jesus man, dont judge us against one of the best young footballing sides in the world at the moment.  Judge us in our own little spazz league from 10th down to 4th bottom.

Guest lebowski

You think Barton "loves the toon"?? Based on what, exactly? The way he went out on a bender after Christmas? The way HE PUT HIMSELF in the position where he was unavailable to us for important games? The way he has been very poor for us so far?

Couldn't agree more. I'm so pissed off with that muppet putting us back in the papers for the wrong reasons yet again. I had hoped when we cleared out Jenas, Bellamy, Dyer, Bowyer etc that we weren't going to see those type of headlines again. He's an absolute penis

Jesus man, dont judge us against one of the best young footballing sides in the world at the moment.  Judge us in our own little spazz league from 10th down to 4th bottom.

So we can only be judged against Boro, Brum, Sun'lun, Derby etc from now on? We accept that we never want to be a top 6/7 club again? Because THAT'S the mentality of a small club, pretneding some games don't count.

Guest johnson293

So we can only be judged against Boro, Brum, Sun'lun, Derby etc from now on? We accept that we never want to be a top 6/7 club again? Because THAT'S the mentality of a small club, pretneding some games don't count.

Not necessarily from now on, but certainly this season.

Did you honestly think we should have beaten Arsenal in either/both of the matches down there in the last 4 days, given the respective difference of fortunes between the teams?

At the moment yes.

Fck me man, have you been watching whats happening this season, Sam Allerdyce in, chairman out, new owners in (who have not been involved with football before).  Sam Allerdyce starts to repair some of the damage from Souness and Roeder.  Not enough transfer activity due to the take over.

Sam Allerdyce sacked, Keegan in, now we have 3 more guys to help him.  The January transfer window is shit and you only get bits and bobs.

Long term, no i dont want to be at the bottom of the league, but thats becuase the club has been in total flux this season.

We have to make the best of what we've got.

I know what Monkey is saying, but you've got to admit that Arsenal is not the benchmark for us at the moment. Yes, Boro beat them, but the list of teams they've given a spanking to is a lot longer than that.

KK hasn't had a chance to get started yet, the fixtures have been evil.