Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 29/01/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

Maybe with Faye and Beye back,it will solid our back 4 up.Also think KK may look for a new 'keeper.Given getting beat too often from outside the box-it's not all bad luck.

Have you seen the goal? Do you think any keeper in the world would've saved that?

Guest The Libertine

I felt sorry for Owen tonight, worked his bollocks off up front with no support from Smith or any of our midfield.

as usual. but of course, he's past it because he hasnt got the legs to assist his own goals. glue factory etc.

Maybe with Faye and Beye back,it will solid our back 4 up.Also think KK may look for a new 'keeper.Given getting beat too often from outside the box-it's not all bad luck.

I'd pick Harper ahead of Given and have been saying that all season.

Plenty of effort by the lads, sadly there is just no craft we need someone that can unlock a defence and bring Owen in to play.

Glad these 2 games have gone past and we can forget about em and TONK THE SMOGGIES on Saturday :thup:

Guest neesy111

this was arsenal ffs probably the best team in the world

the defence actually did well arsenal didn't create much and given only had 1-2 saves all match

Have you seen the goal? Do you think any keeper in the world would've saved that?

This is what happens when you don't have good midfielders, they leave space the opposition players to do things like that. Look at the amount of room and time Flamini had to look up, set himself, and get the shot away. As far as i'm concerned it's the midfields fault, not Shays.

Yes tonights was bad luck but his overall keeping is way down on even last season,when he missed large periods.

Plenty of effort by the lads, sadly there is just no craft we need someone that can unlock a defence and bring Owen in to play.

Glad these 2 games have gone past and we can forget about em and TONK THE SMOGGIES on Saturday :thup:

Sunday.

I felt sorry for Owen tonight, worked his bollocks off up front with no support from Smith or any of our midfield.

He did fuck all. Moneygrabbing-lazy-doesn't-give-a-fuck-son-of-a-bitch.

That was a bit harsh.. But he's clearly not wat he used to be.

And don't get me started on Butt.

We should draw a line under the last 2 games.

KK's reign starts proper for me on Sunday. We need to win & put a performance in. Get some beer down your neck, take your scarf & let's stuff the smoggies.

We need to stop this doom & gloom & you can guarantee that the southern press will be piling the pressure on.

Guest neesy111

i wouldn't say arsenal played us off the park and if the linesman and referee hadn't again been paid off by a top 4 team we may of had a chance at the end

We should draw a line under the last 2 games.

KK's reign starts proper for me on Sunday. We need to win & put a performance in. Get some beer down your neck, take your scarf & let's stuff the smoggies.

We need to stop this doom & gloom & you can guarantee that the southern press will be piling the pressure on.

Agreed. Especially on the scarf point.

Didn't get to watch the game but it sounded like Smith had another shocker. He has done nothing since he signed for us. Stick him in the reserves

Could you do anything playing as a striker with that defence?

Owen didn't do anything either.

Lets stick him in the reserves.

Given's kicking and decision-making tonight was appalling.

That backheel could have easily been one of the worst own goals in footballing history. :lol:

Given's distribution has always been shocking.

That back heel though, fucking hell. :lol:

Didn't get to watch the game but it sounded like Smith had another shocker. He has done nothing since he signed for us. Stick him in the reserves

Plenty worse on the pitch.  Easiest target though.

Sunday.

ROFL yeah what he said  :doh:

Guest DONTOONER

Hmmmm newcastle's depression continues........

lowest point i have felt in 15 years of supporting newcastle....

That being said is because normally when we are in a ditch...we change managers......to give us hope again....but well we already did that...