Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 29/01/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

IMO they wern't three better than us again, there's signs that we're getting better at least. The goals were done to some cunt (probably Butt) giving it away in the middle, a gorgeous strike and one that looked offside. Performance was OK but there's fuck all cutting edge in the final third, Smith is a waste of space. Is in midfield when the rare times the ball gets played into the box. Milner just sticks to the touchline, plays a few backwards passes, as per. Duff wasn't advanced enough to hurt them either which left Owen who worked his cunt off feeding off shit as usual. And get Rozehanl out of Midfield ffs.

Magic goal by Flamini. Is MOTD's goal of the season competition going to consist of goals scored entirely against us.

It probably could do this season, like. Suppose it's better to concede goals like that than howlers/superb passing moves... but we've probably had our share of them as well...

Anyone see Keegan's interview with Ginola? Funny. :D

Said about the Man Utd game coming up and asked Ginola if he remembered the great goal he scored in the 5-0 win. "It was a cross that went in wasn't it?"

:lol: Legend.

ppl are saying we we're awful, despite the same fans on here (and i know more than 1/2 wanted allardyce to stay) that we're defending him sam, we played far worse against derby, wigan, fulham

did anyone see the match, cos i've seen arsenal destroy sides more than they did against us and they didn't really create too much

because they weren't arsed

how do u know?

i have eyes, you know

Went 3 points clear at the top of the prem moving into february and they weren't arsed? Without having to think about it your talking shit.

Keegan's doing his best with the crock of shite he inherited from Allardyce, and there were signs in both the games against Arse that he is having a positive impact on the squad in that we are at least trying to play football on the deck and the work rate tonight couldn't be faulted.

Guest newcastle4life

Expected result what happens against lower teams is more important as Arsenal are a class above us. Most of the improvment probably wont be until next seasonas KK will need to rip the team apart left with rubbish until the end of the season.

Guest rebel_yell12

Was able to watch the match live today, even over here in America (yes, I've been banished to the land of little proper sport...)  

I was hopeful for a bit that Newcastle'd nick a 1-0 scoreline.  Thought it looked all right at the start of the second half, when the lads were pressuring Arsenal.  

Don't know what match others were watching, but Owen worked his bollocks off tonight, with no reward for it.  And I saw plenty of pace -- that or Arsenal's back line is slow as f***.  Some of his offsides were more than legitimate, others were bad calls.  Not impressed with the "substitute" linesman in the second half.  

Not impressed with Smith.  He wasn't bad, but my mate who is a fan of Serie A (it's actually easier to get than the EPL over here) and doesn't know English players kept asking me what the hell he was doing.  

N'Zogbia was off, IMO.  Not his best match tonight.  

Duff looked a bit of allright.  Was even content with Milner, and with Carr and Taylor.  Didn't think Cacapa was too bad, considering some of his earlier performances.  Will be ecstatic when Beye and Faye return though.  

Barton didn't look bad, considering his layoff and the reasons for it.  

I think it's rotten luck that Newcastle drew Arsenal three matches, at Emirates, in the last several weeks.  Twice in three days, two losses, and it's hard to get any sort of confidence with the new manager or in the lads.  I think if Newcastle plays similarly against 'Boro at the weekend, there may actually be a positive result.  And the 3 points would be welcome -- some more space between Newcastle and relegation would be good.  Not to arsed at this point about being 12th or 11th or 10th, just want farther off 18th.

Anybody know why Enrique wasn't in the team?

He went off injured on Saturday.

For the 5th time tonight :laugh:

Sorry, didn't see the game at all, only saw the result when I got up this morning. By the sounds of it I didn't miss much.

Barton looked much fitter and sharper than previous, and was a bright spot in the evening. Carr also seems to have recovered his form.

Butt and Rozenhal are a bit of a joke as a central midfield combination. We're never going to be able to keep possession with those two.

There's a bit of a problem at the moment with Milner. Despite what many have said, he's better on the left, but I wouldn't drop Duff.

Barton looked much fitter and sharper than previous, and was a bright spot in the evening. Carr also seems to have recovered his form.

Butt and Rozenhal are a bit of a joke as a central midfield combination. We're never going to be able to keep possession with those two.

There's a bit of a problem at the moment with Milner. Despite what many have said, he's better on the left, but I wouldn't drop Duff.

Left, Right, its always the same bit of a problem with Milner, he's the slowest player in the team and he can't get past anyone as a result

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Right maybe my smilies abuse will cheer some of you up. Arsenal good team, better than us but not 3-0 better. Considering we managed to put some good passing movements together sunday looks good. Barton was really good when he came on, so hopefully he will start on sunday.

We lost to arsenal, beat the smogies and were miles off the fizzy pop zone. KK has had two weeks, we are missing two of out main defenders, cf and a slow bloke who can pass it from time to time. I'm confident we will finish top half, lets look forward to sunday, and cheer the fuck up  O0

Some on here are living in dreamland - Arsenal were even more dominant than in the FA cup tie ; we hardly

got into their box all night and Owen was completely isolated up front.

We passed the ball well - in our OWN half, when they weren't concerned as to whether we had it or not, but lost possession as soon as we got into their last third of the field.

I could sum up the match by writing exactly the same comments as for the Cup game, esp about the lack of fitness showing up once again as they hit us with late goals.

This time, however, I could add a comment about Flamini's goal which I'm sure will be discussed in that long-running thread 'Given beaten easily again from long range'.....!! No further comment needed...

The other results from last night also went against us - I don't need to remind anyone that we are in for two really tough games at SJP against both the Mackems and Boro - both will have taken heart from their results last night and these are now MUST wins - failure to do so will really put the club under the screw for the last part of the season, and even Fulham picked up a point at Bolton........

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Right maybe my smilies abuse will cheer some of you up. Arsenal good team, better than us but not 3-0 better. Considering we managed to put some good passing movements together sunday looks good. Barton was really good when he came on, so hopefully he will start on sunday.

We lost to arsenal, beat the smogies and were miles off the fizzy pop zone. KK has had two weeks, we are missing two of out main defenders, cf and a slow bloke who can pass it from time to time. I'm confident we will finish top half, lets look forward to sunday, and cheer the fuck up  O0