Emre

steve_69

Beye     Taylor Cacapa    Enrique

Faye

Emre

Milner                                Duff

Owen           Martins

That team should be enough to give any of the teams outside the top four a bloody good game.

You can guarantee it wouldn't though.

Didn't he go off with a hamstring injury or something?

Aye, I think you all were mentioning the person who speculated about Emre and an injury...I was the one who wrote it and I heard it on Setanta by the match commentator if I am correct..."..and we are being told Emre may have been withdrawn b/c of an injury to his hamstring..." or something like that. It was early in the morning after a night out but I'm sorry if I confused anyone!

My bad all...hope I'm wrong and my mind played a trick on me...

Aye, I think you all were mentioning the person who speculated about Emre and an injury...I was the one who wrote it and I heard it on Setanta by the match commentator if I am correct..."..and we are being told Emre may have been withdrawn b/c of an injury to his hamstring..." or something like that. It was early in the morning after a night out but I'm sorry if I confused anyone!

My bad all...hope I'm wrong and my mind played a trick on me...

he certainly said it

Serious question- has Emre ever had a good game in an away Premier League game? Maybe Spurs last season????? I'm struggling.

He's the ultimate homer.

His assists-to-set pieces ratio this season has been surprisingly good.

Still a bench player though. If Keegan can sort Barton out, he can play a big role for the rest of this season.

Really wouldn't like to predict how our midfield squad will shape up by next September... could be anything.

Guest f***thepress

Come the villa match i hope kev plays this team as some are still underperforming;

Harper

Beye Faye Taylor Enrique

Milner Barton Duff Nzogbia

Owen Carroll

Duff maybe better off in central midfield at least he can pass the ball something butt appears unable to do...

Give young carroll a go , much better foil for wee micky

Given needs a rest or that bowel injury looked at again , stood and watched Huths header slowly pass into the net...

Serious question- has Emre ever had a good game in an away Premier League game? Maybe Spurs last season????? I'm struggling.

He's the ultimate homer.

Wigan away when he come on the second half when another lovely decision robbed us of points.

He's the ultimate homer.

Didn't play at Spurs - was Milner, Dyer, Butt, Pattison.

Ha! Thats me told.

Nerd.

;-)

Come the villa match i hope kev plays this team as some are still underperforming;

Harper

Beye Faye Taylor Enrique

Owen Carroll

Duff maybe better off in central midfield at least he can pass the ball something butt appears unable to do...

Given needs a rest or that bowel injury looked at again , stood and watched Huths header slowly pass into the net...

Zoggy is suspended, Given is ten times the keeper Harper ever will be, Martins should be one of the first names on the teamsheet, definitely ahead of Carrol, Duff is not a CM, Emre doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Emer will play I liek the way he play the other day it is just we need to play a lot of games to see any attacking rhythm.

Uh-huh.

Guest f***thepress

Harper

Beye Faye Taylor Enrique

Owen Carroll

Zoggy is suspended, Given is ten times the keeper Harper ever will be, Martins should be one of the first names on the teamsheet, definitely ahead of Carrol, Duff is not a CM, Emre doesn't deserve to be dropped.

zogs oops my bad

shay is out of sorts at mo give him a rest hell benefit

martins still in africa isnt he? even if hes on his way back id stick him on the bench for the next game

duff ok given zogs oot duff on the wing emre cm

he's in the turkey squad who face sweden in a friendly tomorrow(wed), we'll know then if he's injured, if not has to play against villa. Didn't play too badly considering 3 match ban would've been struggling with fitness hoping that's why kk took him off.

I thought Emre played much better than Barton and Butt. Barton and Butt looked cemented into mid-circle while Emre did all the running in the first half. He kept the ball in the team and went on a few nice runs with and without the ball. Think he gets alot of stick unfairly based on sundays game.

His set-pieces when he's played have been much better this season than before. Pretty sure at least 5 league goals have came directly from an Emre free-kick or corner.

That's why i'd prefer Emre down the right as opposed to Milner.

Especially when Martins is back he'd be able to play the killer ball

His set-pieces when he's played have been much better this season than before. Pretty sure at least 5 league goals have came directly from an Emre free-kick or corner.

Not down the right, thats tactical suicide mate. That means;

We will never get to touch line on the right flank.

We will be playing much narrower

The crosses will be in swinging (which is harder for strikers)

We will have less protection of the right back

However, Emre's abilty to deliver a ball is vital to our season. We have already scored 3 from Owen and 1 from Cacapa and there are probably others too. His main problem is that he deosn't get enough goals. I'd love to see Emre run at teams more too.

Emre down the right?! Is your real name Glenn Sounadyce?

Emre down the right?! Is your real name Glenn Sounadyce?

Ok then could he be any worse than Milner is at the moment?

You never know unless you try

One thing I'd like to try on a short term basis, but doubt I'll see, is a system where Emre gets 45 minutes, and Geremi gets 45 minutes, and both players are instructed to play at a higher intensity safe in the knowledge that they are playing just the 45 minutes.

One thing I'd like to try on a short term basis, but doubt I'll see, is a system where Emre gets 45 minutes, and Geremi gets 45 minutes, and both players are instructed to play at a higher intensity safe in the knowledge that they are playing just the 45 minutes.

Or just sell the pair of them and buy two players who can last a full game...