Keegan: New Signings "Unlikely"

Rich

And while you can never say never as far as United are concerned, Keegan told me: “I’ll be honest with you – I’ve sat down and looked, and there isn’t anyone out there who is going to strengthen us better than when the four players to come back from the African Nations Cup.”

Dugout seats really are the best seats in the house. SBR & Souness very rarely thought we played bad, Allardyce thought the hoofs upfield were long passes & now Kevin  reckons there isn’t anyone out there who is going to strengthen us :lol:

Surely you have to assume the words "available for anywhere near a fair price" between the words "there" and "who".

If anyone actually is holding out for us to sign someone today then don't bother.

Not even a scrap of a link anywhere at the minute, and the way Mort does signings he'd need at least 3-4 days to sort it out.

So we may as well just hope and pray we get some results against the shitter sides.

It was such a shame that Viduka got injured after the Stoke match, as everything seemed to click into place that match.

And with him palying vs Bolton we would have got a result.

Fucking sick of all these injuries at crucial times, you don't see other sides having this problem

Guest johnson293

Not even a scrap of a link anywhere at the minute, and the way Mort does signings he'd need at least 3-4 days to sort it out.

Another way of looking at it - Lets hope its just another sign of the club saying nowt until a deal is signed.

Back in August, Solano was a Newcastle player the morning of Deadline day...by Midnight, he was a Hammer. I think deals can be sorted in a few hours, if everything is agreed quick enough. While West Ham were reported as his preferred club anyway, the fee, travel, personal terms, medical were still all sorted in 12 hours or so.

But hopefully we may have been working on deals in the last few days that may break one way or another as well.

Dunno if this has been mentioned or not, I did'nt see it after the match on Wednesday, if anyone else listened to the Keegan interview on BBC Radio Newcastle?

He was on about how the Geordie's know their football and how we cannot be fooled, also how we see what he see's, but the bit I found interesting was how he said he looks on websites to s e what the fans are saying, its always something he has done ate very club he has managed.

If KK reads this site, he must piss self laughing for an entire day at some stuff said on here, but its also good that  the can see what a lot of fans are saying about the lack of signings..

Dunno if this has been mentioned or not, I did'nt see it after the match on Wednesday, if anyone else listened to the Keegan interview on BBC Radio Newcastle?

He was on about how the Geordie's know their football and how we cannot be fooled, also how we see what he see's, but the bit I found interesting was how he said he looks on websites to s e what the fans are saying, its always something he has done ate very club he has managed.

If KK reads this site, he must piss self laughing for an entire day at some stuff said on here, but its also good that  the can see what a lot of fans are saying about the lack of signings..

Kev, if you're reading this....

Please don't think that Martins and Geremi will turn us into a decent team. They've tried before. They won't.

Kev, if you're reading this....

Please don't think that Martins and Geremi will turn us into a decent team. They've tried before. They won't.

;D

Kev would need an account to view the forum atm, not seen any suspicious new ones. ;)

Set him up an account and send it to the club :lol:

they should let a club rep post on the boards :) do it on some of the nhl boards its great .

I would imagine the club have an account on here, they will want to keep an eye on what we are upto..

Kev would need an account to view the forum atm, not seen any suspicious new ones. ;)

Set him up an account and send it to the club :lol:

they should let a club rep post on the boards :) do it on some of the nhl boards its great .

A member of the Villa club board posts on all our boards.

Hmmmmmmmmm nobody available hey?

Benjani having shock City medical

by Ben Blackmore, 31 January 2008

Portsmouth’s top scorer Benjani is reportedly having a medical at Manchester City ahead of a shock move to Eastlands.

Sven Goran Eriksson has been searching for a striker throughout the January transfer window, and it appears he has found his man in 12-goal Benjani.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp ruled out the sale of any strikers on Wednesday, claiming he cannot afford to lose any attacking players.

With Kanu and John Utaka away on international duty and David Nugent sidelined by injury, Pompey’s only other fit striker is Milan Baros.

However, news that Benjani is having a medical at City suggests Pompey may be about to tie up a deal for Tottenham’s Jermain Defoe – as reported in L’Equipe.

Benjani's potential exit from Fratton Park will likely be met with some disapproval by Pompey fans though, who have witnessed two hat-tricks from the Zimbabwean this season.

Hmmmmmmmmm nobody available hey?

Benjani having shock City medical

by Ben Blackmore, 31 January 2008

Portsmouths top scorer Benjani is reportedly having a medical at Manchester City ahead of a shock move to Eastlands.

Sven Goran Eriksson has been searching for a striker throughout the January transfer window, and it appears he has found his man in 12-goal Benjani.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp ruled out the sale of any strikers on Wednesday, claiming he cannot afford to lose any attacking players.

With Kanu and John Utaka away on international duty and David Nugent sidelined by injury, Pompeys only other fit striker is Milan Baros.

However, news that Benjani is having a medical at City suggests Pompey may be about to tie up a deal for Tottenhams Jermain Defoe as reported in LEquipe.

Benjani's potential exit from Fratton Park will likely be met with some disapproval by Pompey fans though, who have witnessed two hat-tricks from the Zimbabwean this season.

Benjani isn't fit to lace Martins, Owens, Vidukas and even Smiths boots tbh.

He's had a good year this year, but it was only a year ago that Harry Redknapp was taking the piss out of his finishing abilities live on Soccer Saturday.

Remember a certain Adebeyour being exactly the same the first year