Isn't it about time we had an argument about THE BOARD?!?!?!?!?!

magorific

James - Are talking about young players coming through the ranks or bringing youth in or both?

Both, by bringing in outsiders, it can only encourage home players to raise their game.

Of course in recent years we may not have signed many young uns due the fact every manager coming in is looking to improve the first team as priority. Under Bobby we signed a stack of young player & our club players won young players of the year. Currently on the books: N'Zogbia, Milner (England U21 record cap holder), Taylor (England U21 captain).

Has anyone said we don't need to buy better players? From what I can see people have said we need better but have pointed out that it was Keegan's decision to wait until the Summer to spend which has proven to be the case by his comments on the BBC.

Apart from Man Utd and Arsenal, no other club makes a big enough profit to be able to go out and spend £30 million net every season on transfers unless they're being subsidised by an Abramovich type figure, by bringing in the best young talent we can hopefully develop them so we don't have to rely on Ashley or going into debt in the future, we can do what Arsenal have done and bring through our own players, that doesn't mean we don't need an investment in the first team now but Keegan has said the money is there so I can't see what the problem is.

Has anyone said we don't need to buy better players? From what I can see people have said we need better but have pointed out that it was Keegan's decision to wait until the Summer to spend which has proven to be the case by his comments on the BBC.

Apart from Man Utd and Arsenal, no other club makes a big enough profit to be able to go out and spend £30 million net every season on transfers unless they're being subsidised by an Abramovich type figure, by bringing in the best young talent we can hopefully develop them so we don't have to rely on Ashley or going into debt in the future, we can do what Arsenal have done and bring through our own players, that doesn't mean we don't need an investment in the first team now but Keegan has said the money is there so I can't see what the problem is.

Exactly.

Top post.

We will get young players who dont make it at Newcastle but we will still make money on them by selling them to CC sides. People seem to be fasinated by mega money transfers, i'd much rather try and build our club like Arsenal have.

NE5, when we were looking for a manager, you said that the board should show its ambition by offering lucrative contracts to the best man for the job.

I asked you who you thought the best man was.

You said Arsene Wenger.

As far as I can see, the board and Keegan have acted no differently to how Wenger and Arsenal act during transfer windows, ie a large amount was set aside for future players, and players with potential are purchased and developed into so called 'trophy players' rather than going for a ready-made 'trophy player.'

That is true. I'm very happy Keegan is back, and I obviously hope he is backed by the board and completes the job he didn't the last time.

Yes, I said Wenger. Not just because of his record of finding youngsters, but for his ability to build teams, and his obvious managerial ability, the way they play football and his application of modern training, medical techniques. He also has made mistakes in the transfer market ie Jeffers and that French player who played alongside Henry for a few years [whats his name ?????????????? ], who cost about 13m quid and went back to France.

These things happen, everybody makes mistakes, but its the overall result that counts.

Not being an Arsenal supporter, I've no idea at all if he moved for players during the january window or not. But I don't see what it matters. Before the window, players moved at any time, there was never a bad time to sell or buy then, I'm sure if someone wanted a player enough they could get him. But I'm of the belief that its worth paying a bit over the odds to get the player you really want. Clubs like Newcastle can do this, because of our fanbase.

Clubs like Newcastle can do this, because of our fanbase.

The problem is that everyone can now.

Observe the money brandished by Sunderland and Boro. Not to mention Fulham over the summer. Which is why the January window is so hard - nobody needs the money any more.

Observe the money brandished by Sunderland and Boro. Not to mention Fulham over the summer. Which is why the January window is so hard - nobody needs the money any more.

Good point.

I can't change titles. I know nothing of this player and would like to know if anyone knows anything about him though and can give me a bit of info. Funnily enough this thread hasnt helped much, although I do know the old board is better than this non backing board! :lol:

The players we are sigining are youth / reseve players at best for now. The vast majority of the players Wegner signs are the best U16/U17/U18/U19 or U21 internationals around & players who can play first team football now. Well maybe not his latest siging  Luke Freeman  as he is only 15, but hopefully you will get my drift.

People looking at us globally competing should take a step back. We need to dominate our own patch first & foremost.

last summer everybody got a big stash of cash, I don;t think this summer will be the same ?

I hope NUFC aren't going back to the days where our fanbase doesn't count for anything anymore mind ie they don't take advantage of it.

The mackems are a big club in their own right BTW. They have been run like a sack of shit for years though, like we were ourselves up to the early 1990's. The younger lads on here may not understand, but the mackems over the last 15 years have been what we were like from the 1950's to 1992

They are certainly bigger than clubs like Spurs and West Ham, if they get their act together.

The players we are sigining are youth / reseve players at best for now. The vast majority of the players Wegner signs are the best U19 internationals around & players who can play first team football now. Well maybe not his latest siging  Luke Freeman  as he is only 15, but hopefully you will get my drift.

People looking at us globally competing should take a step back. We need to dominate our own patch first & foremost.

We've got to start somewhere Spence, hopefully the first team and the academy can develop together, most youngsters would go to Arsenal because of their reputation and that is something we need to build up, the better youngsters have gone to Boro in recent years so hopefully we can change that around.

As for Wenger, he brings in both young players for them to develop and slightly older players who are technically superior that won't look out of place slipping in and out of the first team, he's still working on developing them at the same time too.

last summer everybody got a big stash of cash, I don;t think this summer will be the same ?

I hope NUFC aren't going back to the days where our fanbase doesn't count for anything anymore mind ie they don't take advantage of it.

The mackems are a big club in their own right BTW. They have been run like a sack of shit for years though, like we were ourselves up to the early 1990's. The younger lads on here may not understand, but the mackems over the last 15 years have been what we were like from the 1950's to 1992

They are certainly bigger than clubs like Spurs and West Ham, if they get their act together.

Nobody got a big stash of cash last Summer, they won't get it until this Summer coming but the likes of Sunderland and Fulham spent it in advance with the intention of staying in the Premiership.

We've got to start somewhere Spence, hopefully the first team and the academy can develop together, most youngsters would go to Arsenal because of their reputation and that is something we need to build up, the better youngsters have gone to Boro in recent years so hopefully we can change that around.

I fully agree we need bodies in the juniors & reserves because the vast majority of the current squads are shite. Admittingly I am basing this opinion on league tables, players picked for youth internationals & me watching 2 youth games & 1 reserve game. If Paul Hart comes in I see this as postive step as he has a record of developing players, which you can show a parent. If we could poach Dave Parnaby game fucking over North East wise.

fancy spending money before you get it eh.

What amateurs. Thought only the fat bastard did that sort of thing.

Mind, as the top 4 are currently 1.5b quid in debt between them, it would seem there are a lot of shit boards around.

Sunderland and Fulham both knew they had a good chance of getting relegated this season so they spent the money that was guaranteed them at the end of the season in advance to try and avoid that, that way if they did stay up then they would guarantee themselves another huge sum of money at the end of the next season.

Nice to see you trying to start up another debate about Freddie Shepherd though, do you bring him up as much in conversations in real life? Whether it's sat having dinner with the wife or to the cashier in Tesco's etc? Perhaps you should contact a psychiatrist and tell him your troubles as they're clearly haunting you.

Mind, as the top 4 are currently 1.5b quid in debt between them, it would seem there are a lot of s*** boards around.

I dont know what your point your making here Would you rather Ashley bought the club & then bunged his outlay on top of what the debt of the club was when he took it over? I think being one of the few club debt free is positive as the money saved on interest & payments hopefully can be used to improving the club.

Liverpool fans are not happy with there board. Certain sections of Man United fans are not happy as season ticket holders they have to buy a cup ticket for every home cup game & that the Munich victims are being brought to you in association with AIG. This does not stop them supporting there clubs, wanting the team to win football games though, enjoying the football.

I can't change titles. I know nothing of this player and would like to know if anyone knows anything about him though and can give me a bit of info. Funnily enough this thread hasnt helped much, although I do know the old board is better than this non backing board! :lol:

Finding any information isn't easy, he's scored a few goals at different levels for Italy and it looks as if his signing isn't going down too well in Italy as they feel they are losing too many young players to the Premiership.  Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City have also taken young kids from them and some seem concerned about it.

fancy spending money before you get it eh.

What amateurs. Thought only the fat bastard did that sort of thing.

Mind, as the top 4 are currently 1.5b quid in debt between them, it would seem there are a lot of shit boards around.

Sunderland and Fulham both knew they had a good chance of getting relegated this season so they spent the money that was guaranteed them at the end of the season in advance to try and avoid that, that way if they did stay up then they would guarantee themselves another huge sum of money at the end of the next season.

Nice to see you trying to start up another debate about Freddie Shepherd though, do you bring him up as much in conversations in real life? Whether it's sat having dinner with the wife or to the cashier in Tesco's etc? Perhaps you should contact a psychiatrist and tell him your troubles as they're clearly haunting you.

not particularly, as I don't live in Newcastle just now, I can tell you with absolute certainty that far from him making us a laughing stock, that nobody has hardly ever said anything to me, I don't think they have even noticed nor do they care, in fact the only thing they have ever had is envy at playing in europe and buying some of the players that we have bought.

Message boards aren't like real life you see.

The point I make, which I'm sure people with half a brain will understand, is showing that people like you who have a major bee in your bonnet for something of very little relevance, maybe should get out a bit more and understand that in the greater perspective, most other people don't get everything right all the time and qualifying for europe more than everyone bar 4 over the course of a decade is proof of this.

I think that people who make things up or twist things to discredit others at every opportunity, should be seeing psychiatrists.