Isn't it about time we had an argument about THE BOARD?!?!?!?!?!

magorific

Guest toonlass

In five years we may just have the best team in the world, meanwhile in the land of first  team football.....ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Great! So maybe we should just watch the youth side the rest of the season

Aye man, f*** building for the future.

No being serious! lets just watch the youth side, instead of the shower of s**** we've watched all season

No being serious! lets just watch the youth side, instead of the shower of s**** we've watched all season

This is how Arsenal have signed players like Fabregas, Anelka, Vierra etc. in the past btw. Worth pondering.

Another young import; great news.

Four/five cultured youngsters in one window is good going imo. It's disappointing that we've not got any immediate first teamers in, but it was always going to be very difficult, simply due to the inflation and the fact that it's mid-season (not to mention the wholescale changes in the backroom). I mean look, only Chelsea and Spurs have made really significant signings (probably Boro soon, too). Anelka for £15m and Woodgate/Hutton for £16m. No one's really spent this window.

I said early in the window, when there was a thread asking what would you realistically like to see, i said that three highly rated youngsters would be great.

I still think that aswell. When was the last time we did this? We should have endorced this transfer policy as soon as Sir Bobby left. Other teams did, that's when it became popular. Obviously, there was the Chelsea thing, but Arsenal's fantastic never-lose players were starting to run out of steam (Ljungberg, Pires, etc), Liverpool brought in youngsters, Man Utd did with Rossi, Pique etc. Obviously, the Chelsea situation was a bit different. Bobby was starting to do so (Milner/Zog/Ambrose), but we chucked him.

I'm chuffed with how this side of the transfer window has panned out tbh.

Four/five cultured youngsters in one window is good going imo. It's disappointing that we've not got any immediate first teamers in, but it was always going to be very difficult, simply due to the inflation and the fact that it's mid-season (not to mention the wholescale changes in the backroom). I mean look, only Chelsea and Spurs have made really significant signings (probably Boro soon, too). Anelka for £15m and Woodgate/Hutton for £16m. No one's really spent this window.

I said early in the window, when there was a thread asking what would you realistically like to see, i said that three highly rated youngsters would be great.

I still think that aswell. When was the last time we did this? We should have endorced this transfer policy as soon as Sir Bobby left. Other teams did, that's when it became popular. Obviously, there was the Chelsea thing, but Arsenal's fantastic never-lose players were starting to run out of steam (Ljungberg, Pires, etc), Liverpool brought in youngsters, Man Utd did with Rossi, Pique etc. Obviously, the Chelsea situation was a bit different. Bobby was starting to do so (Milner/Zog/Ambrose), but we chucked him.

there still may be a major difference between us and arsenal.

getting the players s one thing...developing them is the clever part

:thup:

there still may be a major difference between us and arsenal.

getting the players s one thing...developing them is the clever part

Well obviously. ???  But you've got to start by actually bringing the players in, which is what we've done, and it's all gurd.

I was told yesterday there was an young Italian and African both taken for medicals in Jesmond with there parents (so must be young), they were both staying at the Gosforth Park Hotel.

Good job it wasn't the imperial hotel in Jesmond!

:yikes:

This is how Arsenal have signed players like Fabregas, Anelka, Vierra etc. in the past btw. Worth pondering.

Arsenal let other teams do the hard work, and then use legal loopholes to steal all of their best youngsters. We need to be part of that deal somehow.