Favourite Grounds

Ally

for results....wearside.

i love old style grounds,faves that i've been to...gay meadow,prenton park,manor ground,county ground (swindon) and bournemouth (cant remember the name and you know i aint a checker...sure it begins with a "b")

for results....wearside.

i love old style grounds,faves that i've been to...gay meadow,prenton park,manor ground,county ground (swindon) and bournemouth (cant remember the name and you know i aint a checker...sure it begins with a "b")

Dean Court

for results....wearside.

Dean Court

thtas right bean court.

was so severly hamered that day we still refer to how drunk as "on the bournemouth scale  i was a 6"

Guest Peter.Sthlm

I've only been to SJP in England. Otherwise I've been to more or less all of the biggest (though none are big compared to the English stadiums) ones i Sweden, Stadio delle Alpi, De Kuip and Amsterdam Arena. I have to say the last one was impressive. I visited it the same season it was bran-new. My favourite stadium is Stockholms Stadion, the home of my Swedish team Djurgården.

Stadion:

http://jarnkaminerna.nu/images/07/070421_dif_heif/070421_dif_heif_301.jpg

http://jarnkaminerna.nu/images/07/071028_dif_bp/071028_dif_bp_4674.jpg

I love our own little castle  :smitten:

Guest float one in

Velodrome in Marseille is pretty special - just a geet big concrete bowl, but the atmosphere when it's packed for a big match is something else. Get's bonus points for being in Marseille as well - totally mad place.

The real Stadium of Light in Lisbon is canny - just feels like a really big time club when you're in there, and the atmosphere is usually decent if not spectacular.

There's a totally ramshackle little ground in Piran, Slovenia where I watched a match once. It's up on a cliff top overlooking the Adriatic Sea, in the shadow of some old ruins of a castle or something. That was probably the most enjoyable non NUFC match I've ever been to.

The Nou Camp is impressive in size etc, but its an absolute shithole inside. Grafitti everywhere, its horrible.

The Bernabau is worse on the graffiti front

When I visited there were all these columns around the stadium by the turnstyles and  every one of them seemed to be covered in racist graffiti or stuff about ultras and certain players. Don't know why somebody would want to do that to their own ground.

I've only been to the JJB (twice), Ewood Park (twice), Villa Park, The Valley and Goodison Park in England, and then the Millenium Stadium.

I'm touring Europe in the summer though, and we're planning to go to the Gerland (is that Lyons?), maybe the Veledrome, the San Siro, Allainz Arena, perhaps Sparta Prague's ground and the Amsterdam ArenA for stadium tours, so I'll see how they compare to good old St James'.

Favourite so far have to be Goodison, Ewood and Villa Park so far like.  Although I'm not that old, I'm definitely one for old-style grounds - much better atmosphere.

I've only been to SJP in England. Otherwise I've been to more or less all of the biggest (though none are big compared to the English stadiums) ones i Sweden, Stadio delle Alpi, De Kuip and Amsterdam Arena. I have to say the last one was impressive. I visited it the same season it was bran-new. My favourite stadium is Stockholms Stadion, the home of my Swedish team Djurgården.

Stadion:

Taking the piss mate? Everyone knows Stadion is a fucking shithole, and it's nowt to do with the team that plays there. There isn't a single seat in the whole place where you get a decent view, and you can't get any atmosphere in it.

Even though a lot of Liverpool fans are tossers, and me and my mate were threatened by a scouser with a razor, the old Anfield and the Kop was great. Miles better than Old Trafford was at that time.

Wembley was good if you were watching something worth supporting  >:( ie Newcastle never turned up for 3 Cup Finals, but played well in 1976 and in 2000, also watched many England games over the years there.

Old Trafford now though is pretty impressive.

Millenium Stadium is a pretty perfect stadium for me though. I wish we had built a stadium like that instead of developing SJP.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Stadion:

Taking the piss mate? Everyone knows Stadion is a f****** shithole, and it's nowt to do with the team that plays there. There isn't a single seat in the whole place where you get a decent view, and you can't get any atmosphere in it.

And you honestly think you're concrete bunker is special? Stadion at least is unique for it's fortress look from the outside. The inside of it is something else from the regular stadiums you have around the country. Obviously you do have a point when it comes to the atmosphere. We do lose some of it due to the race tracks but at the end of the day we still create good atmosphere several times every season.

Anyway let's just agree to disagree I'm never gonna like Råsunda and you will never understand what's special about Stadion.

The San Siro of all the stadiums I've actually been to is the one that truely made me go "Wow!"

TV doesn't do it justice. Just standing outside the place iot's amazing seeing the size of it.

I agree, the place is simply immense!

http://www.lukaszsosin.com/Apollonfc2006.jpg

Tsirion stadium in Limassol....home to my local team Apollon. Note the spelling of "fans" :lol:

Love the Tsirion. Electric atmosphere, specially on derby days or big matches, though it can turn messy after. Seen some quality games there, always from the Yellow side though, AEL ole! Seen some random games as well, Northern Ireland vs Poland in a friendly was one of them

Guest toonlass

I liked Bramall Lane when I went, proper football place. Hated the old Wembley, hate these new stadiums, of which I would include the JJB, the Reebok, that Wearside monstrosity, the Riverside, Pride Park, Eastlands etc. I prefer the older stadiums dunno why.