Fabio Zamblera

Syrette

Seen him 3 times for the reserves and he was pap each time.

He was probably star struck as you were there.

Richard Money asked me if I fancied a run-out the week after, but I said no, I'm better than that. ;)

Guest Heneage

Seen him 3 times for the reserves and he was pap each time.

He was probably star struck as you were there.

Richard Money asked me if I fancied a run-out the week after, but I said no, I'm better than that. ;)

That's what you interpreted "Will you f**k off" as?

Guest Heneage

It was weird when we signed him, Atalanta aren't really famous for producing young talent, when the Chron reported "Italian Starlet" I figured following Serie A I may have heard of him. But even in terms of Atalanta and the national team he's not considered a big prospect.

It was weird when we signed him, Atalanta aren't really famous for producing young talent, when the Chron reported "Italian Starlet" I figured following Serie A I may have heard of him. But even in terms of Atalanta and the national team he's not considered a big prospect.

You talk some s****!

Before he came here he was a regular starter in the Italian national under age teams and was highly regarded, he had a s*** time here and clearly couldn't adapt to a new lifestyle and culture.

Wish him well tbh.

Guest Heneage

You talk some s****!

Before he came here he was a regular starter in the Italian national under age teams and was highly regarded, he had a s*** time here and clearly couldn't adapt to a new lifestyle and culture.bh.

Wish him well tbh.

I didn't say he never played for the national team, but compared to the likes of Balotelli of Inter, Paloschi of Milan Okaka of Roma and even the occasional striker Fernando Forestri of Udinese. He was not a starter for the youths side, but then the current crop ahead of him are something special, even Petrucci at Man Utd is being looked at.

I wish him well, but he was not as good as billed when signed.

It was weird when we signed him, Atalanta aren't really famous for producing young talent

Quite the opposite infact. Atalanta are one of clubs in Italy that are famous for their youth system (they used to field 100% Italian sides until a few years back but even now don`t have many foreigners in their side). Here`s an article about them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/internationals/atalanta-reap-benefit-of-wise-investment-629050.html

Ricardo Montolivo, Roberto Donadoni, Alessio Tacchinardi, Ivan Pelizzoli, Domenico Morfeo , Cristiano Doni, Filippo Inzaghi, Adriano Bassetto, Gianni Comandini and Stefano Angeleri are some of the players that came through their youth system. Not all world class by all means but very decent players.

Guest Heneage

Hmm I debate that personally. What I class is famous is like an Arsenal who you can trace lots of players too. That list spreads back to the 80's. It's similar to Newcastle and I wouldn't say we have a famous academy. The two World Class players I'd say are Donadoni and Pippo, but bar that they haven't had a long line of success. I mean that article is now 9 years old there abouts. but I acknowledge your point I guess its just different definitions of success.

Hmm I debate that personally. What I class is famous is like an Arsenal who you can trace lots of players too. That list spreads back to the 80's. It's similar to Newcastle and I wouldn't say we have a famous academy. The two World Class players I'd say are Donadoni and Pippo, but bar that they haven't had a long line of success. I mean that article is now 9 years old there abouts. but I acknowledge your point I guess its just different definitions of success.

If you debate the quality of that list of players then you've issues.

Big fan of Ivan Pelizzoli are you? Doni too? Even as a Juve fan I can admit Tacchinardi had a feigning career.

don`t know what happened to Pelizzoli tbh. I remember watching him for Atalanta (when we had Serie A on TV here )and he had massive potential and was touted as future no 1 for Italy, got capped by the national side a few time iirc at the time. Lost his confidence after a big money to Roma (did fine in his 1st season or so). Doni is a decent player, goal scoring midfielder but started showing his promise quite late on.  Tacchinardi was very underrated , just did his job with no fuss IMO

It was weird when we signed him, Atalanta aren't really famous for producing young talent

Quite the opposite infact. Atalanta are one of clubs in Italy that are famous for their youth system (they used to field 100% Italian sides until a few years back but even now don`t have many foreigners in their side). Here`s an article about them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/internationals/atalanta-reap-benefit-of-wise-investment-629050.html

Ricardo Montolivo, Roberto Donadoni, Alessio Tacchinardi, Ivan Pelizzoli, Domenico Morfeo , Cristiano Doni, Filippo Inzaghi, Adriano Bassetto, Gianni Comandini and Stefano Angeleri are some of the players that came through their youth system. Not all world class by all means but very decent players.

Forgot to add that Pazzini kid to the list.

• 6 months later...

"The 19-year-old has failed to establish himself at Newcastle since his arrival on Tyneside"

Where do they make this f***ing s*** up? He's 19, of course he's failed to establish himself here, he hasn't had his chance yet!

If there is a chance he could goto Roma, he should be our number 9, starting every game.

Also, I like how that article says he isn't in our long-term plans.

I wonder, what exactly are our long term plans?!

If there is a chance he could goto Roma, he should be our number 9, starting every game.

Also, I like how that article says he isn't in our long-term plans.

I wonder, what exactly are our long term plans?!

Competing with the top 4 by spending £500,000 a year on a bunch of 15 year olds. Just 3 more years to go and we will be there, trust in Ashley!