Should None Season Ticket Holders Have Their Own Forum?

Crumpy Gunt

I live in Norway, watch every game on TV and travel to St. James as often I can afford to catch a game.. I'm not entitled to an opinion?

And leave the real football talk to those who've earned their right to an opinion?

you dont get that good a view at matches. that and from what ive seen of some of your posts mate, despite having a season ticket, you seem to be wrong quite a lot

the real issue is the one that some ppl think the away fans are the TRUE following for the club

I've offered to run 3 or 4 trips on the 'ticket exchange' section but despite transport AND match tickets being included interest has been limited and virtually non existant.

Would have thought a gilt-edged opportunity to support the toon away would have been a god send for folk who might usually struggle to get tickets for away games.

And leave the real football talk to those who've earned their right to an opinion?

That's a big assumption you're making there, isn't it?  I know it's a popular opinion (esp. among certain season ticket holders, funnily enough) that "being there and seeing it all" equates to amazing football expertise but, let's face it, that's bollocks.

I'm only a season ticket holder, but when the away games are on tv, I'm going to get pissed and watch it from far away, at a weird angle. And get someone to stand my way every so often.

Naturally I'll spend most of the time singing and jumping about rather than watch the game, but I'm sure following these instructions will give me the insight that uberfans have.

played the sport my whole life and studied the game. lived in the usa my whole life and fell in love with team - despite each season that ends in dissapointment i still look forward to every single match, every single news snippet, every single moment the team is mentioned I get excited. call me a plastic fan if you want, but i've supported the team best i can from florida every season and will continue to no matter what happens. i may not be a geordie, but i love the black and white...shoot me if you want, but i'll never leave and never lose hope and faith that a trophy can be brought to this club one day...

and one day i'll have enough personal money to make a trip to newcastle and watch a match in the stands and live a dream i've had since i fell in love with the club.

Same as he, but I reside in Canada.

However, almost ashamed to post in here as it's one of the most childish threads ever created. By a grown man, too.

That's a big assumption you're making there, isn't it?  I know it's a popular opinion (esp. among certain season ticket holders, funnily enough) that "being there and seeing it all" equates to amazing football expertise but, let's face it, that's bollocks.

I'm only a season ticket holder, but when the away games are on tv, I'm going to get pissed and watch it from far away, at a weird angle. And get someone to stand my way every so often.

Naturally I'll spend most of the time singing and jumping about rather than watch the game, but I'm sure following these instructions will give me the insight that uberfans have.

I've actually missed a goal (scored against us - of course) at an away game because I was singing and jumping like a total tit :lol:

I've only been to one home game but there are definite advantages to seeing it in the stadium, but of course you don't get the benefit of replays and such. But for away games, because you have such a shit view of the pitch and you're tipsy (for the most part), you'd be better off watching on tv if your main priority is watching football. The away games are good not because of the fooball (it's recently been very shit) but because of the drinking, singing and general banter.