England team for Wednesday - Owen dropped

Dave

Its a good decision not to play Owen but i'm surprised about Richards.

Well he's mainly played right back for England but he's playing centre back for City so if that's all Capello has seen then he'd have to displace Ferdinand or Upson.  Based on current form there's not much in it.

Its a good decision not to play Owen but i'm surprised about Richards.

Well he's mainly played right back for England but he's playing centre back for City so if that's all Capello has seen then he'd have to displace Ferdinand or Upson.  Based on current form there's not much in it.

Basing an England team on form rather than reputation? Scandalous!

Guest jcricthon

England's squad to play Switzerland:

Goalkeepers: David James (Portsmouth), Scott Carson (Liverpool on loan at Aston Villa), Chris Kirkland (Wigan)

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Everton), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Matthew Upson (West Ham United), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham Hotspur), Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), David Bentley (Blackburn Rovers)

Forwards: Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Michael Owen (Newcastle United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham on loan at Portsmouth)

I'd go:

Carson

Richards, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Cole

Bentley, Barry, Gerrard, Young

Rooney

Owen

Make Ferdinand captain, f*** Stevie.

New away shirt is a bit cack innit?

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4691/2008020414gyi0051333899vl2.jpg

PS - any 'I don't care about England' merchants, prove it and piss off. Ta. O0

I'd rather we finished in the top 4 than see England win the World Cup...... Proof enough?

Expected team according to the BBC:

James

Brown Ferdinand Upson A.Cole

Bentley Gerrard Hargreaves Young

J.Cole

Rooney

SSN saying the same, although it's the infamous "Sky Sports News Sorces say...", plus it's gone from the ticker now.

James

J.Cole

Rooney

SSN saying the same, although it's the infamous "Sky Sports News Sorces say...", plus it's gone from the ticker now.

Jenas and Barry instead of Hargreaves and Young...

Just who the fuck is this SSN Source...? Nostrafuckingdamus?

James

J.Cole

Rooney

Jenas and Barry instead of Hargreaves and Young...

Just who the fuck is this SSN Source...? Nostrafuckingdamus?

That's shit, Young has been the best left winger in the league this season.

When tv prgrammes and websites name the team and formation, are they just guessing at the formation? I noticed quite a lot on sky that when they put the formation up, they quite often get it wrong

The formation, aye. It's just an educated guess from a list of players iyam.

Anychance i can watch this? Decky you might know? BBC1 has the Northern Ireland match for me against bloody bulgaria, not exactly entertaining.

Looking for the same myself. The BBC Website is no good, that has the Norn Iron game on too.

Edit: Looks like it could be on Star Sports. Can't for the life of me think how you may be able to watch that though. O0

Anychance i can watch this? Decky you might know? BBC1 has the Northern Ireland match for me against bloody bulgaria, not exactly entertaining.

Looking for the same myself. The BBC Website is no good, that has the Norn Iron game on too.

Do you not have the regional variations on Sky like we do? Channel 971 and upwards.

all a sudden i'm a little less excited about the game.  :lol: not suprised he has a centre-midfielder out wide, he's been doing that for years. wes brown at full-back is a bit meh, likewise upson instead of woodgate. thought joe cole would play out wide bit like camoranesi at juve or donadoni at milan, not sure about him playing in the middle, he's not the strongest in the world and tries to dribble his way out of trouble too often instead of playing quick short passes like Scholes would, coming up against big centre-halves and a defensive midfielder means he is not going to have the space to get shots away too often. furthermore, is rooney big and strong enough to do a targetman's job and is cole quick enough to race onto his flick ons.