N'Zogbia: good news and bad news

Dave

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1232958,00.html

Toon Boss Will Fight To Keep Zog On The Tyne

By Craig Hope

KEVIN Keegan admits that he will give it his all to persuade Charles N'Zogbia that his future lies on Tyneside.

The 21-year-old was subject of a rumoured deadline day approach from Tottenham Hotspur but any such offer would've certainly been rebuffed by the Magpies.

However, Keegan says that he will still fight all the way to keep the talented French winger at St.James' Park ahead of next season.

"Charles came to see me about all the speculation, and I very honestly said 'I've had no inquiries about you'," explained the Toon boss.

"He's just signed a new contract here, but it's something we'll have to revisit again in the summer, because the signs are that he's not that happy here.

"But this is a big club, and we've got two or three months to work with him."

Keegan again asked the former Le Havre youngster to fill-in at left-back during Sunday's derby draw with Middlesbrough.

And the Magpie chief has been delighted with the attitude of the France under-21 starlet, adding: "I thought he did very well again playing at left-back.

"I'm not saying it's his best position, but he's a gem of a lad. He never complains at all.

"He can play in midfield and left-back, but his best position is definitely on the left of a midfield four and bombing on."

Abroad and decent money, he can go.

No point keeping an unhappy player, shame, he could of been a hero here, but it just shows how thick and docile he is by having his head  filled with shite from his agent.

Abroad and decent money, he can go.

No point keeping an unhappy player, shame, he could of been a hero here, but it just shows how thick and docile he is by having his head  filled with s**** from his agent.

You have to wonder about the character of a player that employs a snake like Willy McKay as his agent.

If we sold Dyer for 7,5 and Parker for 8. I'd try to get around 10 for Zoggy, hes our only creative player but with 10 milion we can buy some good replacement i.ex. a young fresh South American talent and then with 40 milion or whatever transfer kitty keegan will get a good defensiv midfielder, good rightwinger and a good creative midfielder.  In case Owen is sold or Martins a good striker upfront too, what we need is new faces to this team early in the summer so they can practice with each other before the friendlies and during and not at the end of the window.

If we sold Dyer for 7,5 and Parker for 8. I'd try to get around 10 for Zoggy, hes our only creative player but with 10 milion we can buy some good replacement i.ex. a young fresh South American talent and then with 40 milion or whatever transfer kitty keegan will get a good defensiv midfielder, good rightwinger and a good creative midfielder.  In case Owen is sold or Martins a good striker upfront too, what we need is new faces to this team early in the summer so they can practice with each other before the friendlies and during and not at the end of the window.

When you buy players there is always a risk to it.  We should hang on to N'Zogbia for dear life, because we know HE CAN do the business here, he is young and proven.

Bringing in people seems all well and good now but is a replacement definetely going to fill the void left by the Zog?  What if we sign another flop.  We would have lost our best player and brought in Average 'money taking' Joe.

Guest Sniffer

If Spurs want him and N'zogbia decides he wants to go, then do a direct swop for Darren Bent.

That would be a good deal for both clubs.

Obviously the good news is that Keegan knows his best position (see Allardyce, Samuel). If he can get a partnership going with a fit Enrique he might have enough joy between now and the end of the season to see his future here.

Good to hear he's not been moaning either, it's just worrying that McKay is clearly whispering in his ear.

He's not perfect at this stage by any means, but I'd be gutted if we sold him to Spurs or something.

Darren Bent? Based on his Charlton form I still wouldn't pay over 10 mil for him, and he's been shit for the spuds.

When you buy players there is always a risk to it.  We should hang on to N'Zogbia for dear life, because we know HE CAN do the business here, he is young and proven.

Bringing in people seems all well and good now but is a replacement definetely going to fill the void left by the Zog?  What if we sign another flop.  We would have lost our best player and brought in Average 'money taking' Joe.

:thup:

He's not gone yet and probably won't.

QFT. How many times has the moody twat been unhappy before then changed his mind and signed a new contract? If Duff gets moved to the right and Zog gets a good run of games on the left wing he'll be happy as Larry.

I do not think we will lose him but I cannot understand why his family moved from France to London when he lives up here, seems a little strange.

Did't Keegan say though that Spurs had not been in touch about Zoggy and did'nt Spurs themselves deny any interest in him ? Oliver shit stirring again me thinks..

Would be happy with over 7m for him, we have had an excellent return from our investment in him.

Prefer him to stay though, unless we can sign a world class left sided player.(unlikely)

7m would be far, far too little for him considering he only just reupped his contract with us. If you look at the likes of Defoe etc who have apparantly gone for around that amount I would far rather have Zoggy.

Frankly we need to get the lad in on the left side of our midfield. Right. Now. Two scenarios

1) He can be persuaded to stay = Only going to do this by putting him where he plays best and far better than anyone else in the team.

2) He wants to go = Going to get a far better price showing off a classy, dangerous young midfielder who has shone above an otherwise dismal bunch. We will get a crap price if we show off a rather average LB for the rest of the year.

I'm glad kev has said that. Here's hoping sense prevails, and we stop putting shite in LM when we have Zoggy available.

I do not think we will lose him but I cannot understand why his family moved from France to London when he lives up here, seems a little strange.

Did't Keegan say though that Spurs had not been in touch about Zoggy and did'nt Spurs themselves deny any interest in him ? Oliver shit stirring again me thinks..

Did you even read the OP?

:lol:

Did't Keegan say though that Spurs had not been in touch about Zoggy and did'nt Spurs themselves deny any interest in him ? Oliver s*** stirring again me thinks..

I read the full thing on icnewcastle..

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/02/05/i-ll-fight-to-keep-n-zogbia-72703-20436602/

I’ll fight to keep N'Zogbia

Feb 5 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

KEVIN KEEGAN is ready to fight all the way to keep Charles N’Zogbia at St James’s Park in the close season.

Charles N'Zogbia

And the Newcastle United boss knows that one way he can do this is by bring in some top-class summer signings – just like he did in his first stint in charge on Tyneside.

Keegan is aware that Spurs are keen on N’Zogbia. And while he let them know last week that the Frenchman was not up for grabs, they could be back in the summer for the 21-year-old.

N’Zogbia has been attracted, not only by the bright lights of London, but also the fact that his widowed mother and sister are currently living in the capital.

And even though he was happy to sign a new and improved five-year contract offered to him by Sam Allardyce just after the start of the season, the former Le Havre player has not looked completed happy.

Keegan revealed today: “Charles came to see me about all the speculation.

“He’s just signed a new contract here, but it’s something we’ll have to revisit again in the summer, because the signs are that he’s not that happy here.

“But this is a big club, and we’ve got two or three months to work with him.”

To be fair to N’Zogbia, he put all this behind him and was arguably United’s top player in the 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough at St James’s Park on Sunday.

And while he prefers to operate in midfield, he has stood in a left-back without any complaints while Jose Enrique has been recovering from calf trouble.

Allardyce actually believed that N’Zogbia could go on to be United’s first-choice left-back for years to come, and this is where he has been playing for his country since his call-up by the French Under-21 squad.

But Keegan thinks otherwise, believing that N’Zogbia is more effective as and out-and-out left winger.

The United boss added: “I thought he has done very well again playing at left-back. I’m not saying it’s his best position, but he’s a gem of a lad. He never complains at all.

“He can play in midfield and left-back, but his best position is definitely on the left of a midfield four and bombing on.”

Keegan will be happy if N’Zogbia gets a full work-out when the French Under-21 side go in against their Spanish counterparts in Benidorm tonight, as he is suspended for Saturday’s trip to Aston Villa after accumulating five yellow cards.

And he will be keeping on eye on whether Jose Enrique gets a run-out for the Spanish side, bearing in mind he is N’Zogbia’s obvious replacement as United left-back at Villa Park.

Oliver trying to add to the speculation by not mentioning that there were any inquiries.

Pathetic ain't it. A direct quote cut short so that he can ignore the denial and fuel the rumours.