U21's England vs Republic of Ireland Tonight @ 19:45

Skirge

Surely the fact that Milner has played alongside, and seen the likes of SWP, Lennon, Bentley, Young & Agbonlahor all overtake him and stepped up to the England squad, while he's still loitering in the Under 21s says it all...or am I just Milner-bashing here.

Lennon went up & is back at the same level as Milner now.

And how long do you think it'll be before he's back there, and Milner is too old for the Under 21s and nowhere near the England setup? My guess is not long.

Surely the fact that Milner has played alongside, and seen the likes of SWP, Lennon, Bentley, Young & Agbonlahor all overtake him and stepped up to the England squad, while he's still loitering in the Under 21s says it all...or am I just Milner-bashing here.

Lennon went up & is back at the same level as Milner now.

And how long do you think it'll be before he's back there, and Milner is too old for the Under 21s and nowhere near the England setup? My guess is not long.

SWP is 26, I dont think he overtook Milner as was always ahead of him. As for Lennon I think SWP & Bentley will be ahead of him for a for quite a while on the right. I think Young may be used as LW/LF & Agbonlahor as a striker or maybe a RF if he goes with 3 upfront.

From Wiki:

This team is for English players aged 21 or under at the start of a two-year European Under-21 Football Championship campaign, so players can be, and often are, up to 23 years old.

Question.

From tonights side, who do you think will go on to get the most caps for the full side? I really can't see owt to get excited about here. Not just on tonights showing but whats on offer from this lot week in week out.

If he fulfils his potential then it's got to be Huddlestone. He's got the most ability without a doubt.

Joe Hart would be probably be a safer bet though  as there aren't many young English keepers coming through and he looks the part.

Wheater looks a good centre half but will have too many players ahead of him in the pecking order to build up a decent amount of caps I think. I suppose Taylor could come good as well but it would be the same story for him I imagine. Onouha I don't think is a right back.

Theo Walcott is pretty average and won't get that many caps imo while Milner is not good enough for international football. Lennon will get the most caps out of that trio.

Guest loonietoonie

Anyone know how the U17s and U19s have done it tonight?

U17's drew 0-0, U19's won 2-0.

Any Carroll goal?

Scott Sinclair  got both of them