How long before the fans and media turn on Keegan?

Decky

Reading the papers last week i couldnt help notice stuff like "the pressure on Keegan builds" etc. The media are stirring big time, we wont get good results for the rest of the season, maybe 15 points if we are lucky. So between now and the end of the season the media will no doubt be stirring all kinds of trouble and i fear some of our fans are too gullable and will believe it. I also fear some of our fans might think "im sick of it, we got rid of managers before, we can do it again", especially those too young to remember KK last time round.

Most fans with a head on their shoulders know that KK needs the transfer windows (not including the one that just finished), but then again so did Big Sam, he needed January and the summer IMO and most fans turned on him anyway. I dont care what people say about the whole "but this is Keegan" thing, if he loses games pressure will build.

I back Keegan to the hilt as does pretty everyone right now, but we have the most impatient fans in the country and i just know people will question him before the summer and the divisions in the fans will appear again. Maybe the past 4 years have left me pessimistic, but this is Newcastle ffs you just know that groups of fans wanting Keegan out will eventually come out of the woodwork, the question is just how long?

no offence decky...but its discussions like this that help add fuel to their fire.

I know your intentions are not to shit stir. But those who want to shit stir will pick up on these sentiments, and the next time we don't pick up 3 points, they will be out in numbers as usual.

the fans will give at least a year.

the media were against as soon as he was announced.

i did hear an interesting story about the media's take on nufc.

as we know ashley aint liked much i the city or media for his attitude towards them. this has carried over to the sports journos. when they were asking their finacial desk ciolleagues about hin when he first took over they were told he'll tell you nowt,print any shit you want he'll not break cover,he appears not to care about the press. the sports journos thought "he'll not do that with us" but he has and they cant't handle it,hence the negative press.(also hence even when the alvaro deal was totally bogus no denial or anything,just let them print what they want---very good thing in my eyes,the media has been a tail wagging footballs dog for too long). this was passed to me by a feelancer in football journalism and toon fan.

as we know ashley aint liked much i the city or media for his attitude towards them. this has carried over to the sports journos. when they were asking their finacial desk ciolleagues about hin when he first took over they were told he'll tell you nowt,print any shit you want he'll not break cover,he appears not to care about the press. the sports journos thought "he'll not do that with us" but he has and they cant't handle it,hence the negative press.(also hence even when the alvaro deal was totally bogus no denial or anything,just let them print what they want---very good thing in my eyes,the media has been a tail wagging footballs dog for too long). this was passed to me by a feelancer in football journalism and toon fan.

Makes a great deal of sense too.

the media, all they want is to talk crap, its like they enjoy us not wiinning or scoring

who cares, the season is lost anyway, time to build for next season. i think all the fans know that to. Its like kevin says, he could have spend money in the window but he chose not to, see what we are missing first, then buy what we need to get to where we want to be.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

doesnt deserve a year, should never have got the job, not up to it, never wanted him here. Il support all our managers but its obvious we arent going to ever go anywhere under him. Too many richer clubs and better managers around this time

doesnt deserve a year, should never have got the job, not up to it, never wanted him here. Il support all our managers but its obvious we arent going to ever go anywhere under him. Too many richer clubs and better managers around this time

:lol:

Who will bite first? My money is on Kev to either bite or else call me a cunt for suggesting he would ever do such a thing

to many richer clubs have better player then we have

Reading the papers last week i couldnt help notice stuff like "the pressure on Keegan builds" etc. The media are stirring big time, we wont get good results for the rest of the season, maybe 15 points if we are lucky. So between now and the end of the season the media will no doubt be stirring all kinds of trouble and i fear some of our fans are too gullable and will believe it. I also fear some of our fans might think "im sick of it, we got rid of managers before, we can do it again", especially those too young to remember KK last time round.

Most fans with a head on their shoulders know that KK needs the transfer windows (not including the one that just finished), but then again so did Big Sam, he needed January and the summer IMO and most fans turned on him anyway. I dont care what people say about the whole "but this is Keegan" thing, if he loses games pressure will build.

I back Keegan to the hilt as does pretty everyone right now, but we have the most impatient fans in the country and i just know people will question him before the summer and the divisions in the fans will appear again. Maybe the past 4 years have left me pessimistic, but this is Newcastle ffs you just know that groups of fans wanting Keegan out will eventually come out of the woodwork, the question is just how long?

Why did you have to go and ruin a otherwise ok(ish) post?..  :rolleyes:

As to the topic, Keegan will get a long time hear, easily long enough for him to be able to bring in better players and show a good improvement.  Anyone who even suggests he should be sacked to me is going to get the verbal slapping of a life time..

Who will bite first? My money is on Kev to either bite or else call me a cunt for suggesting he would ever do such a thing

Guest Harry-Norway

Whats wrong with you Decky?

You are always complaining when someone make a negative topic.

Well now you started a new one yourself.

Anyway,KK need more time to turn around Big S style of boring fotball and get rid of a few very bad players like Butt and Carr.

Makes a great deal of sense too.

Unfortunately, it relies on logic being the way the world works and more importantly people not believing the shit they read in the papers. :(