Aston Villa 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/08 - post match reaction from page 24

midds

Need to stop the stupid free-kicks near our box, the will certainly score one of them.

Silly fouls here. Putting ourselves under a bit of pressure.

Absolutely. Young's already shown what he can do with them.

That little spell was terrific. Keegan's definitely getting through to the players on the training pitch. Just lacking the final touches here and there. Quite happy, tbh.

yes the final bal doesn't seem to come off quite well, but at least we re trying.

Biggest improvement since Keegan got here: Players showing for the ball. Watch when we have the ball there's always people trying to get into position to take the pass, we've not had that for years and it makes everything better.

We're gonna need a second goal here though.

Barton will be disappointed with himself. Wasted possession alot. Positives for me have been Duff (hardly given the ball away), Owen (looks very lively and scored a good goal), Butt (great tenacity and some good tackles, even though I don't rate him). Smith has held it up quite well at times but needs to have more conviction going forward. Overall I'm very pleased.

Guest shaun11177

Good but last 5 minutes we continually gave the ball away.

Villa very long ball-we must work hard and stop them launching it.

Owen working very hard.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

The bottom line is, we should not now be losing this one.  Keegan wants to have one of them legendary half-time team talks, get them proper fired up for winning it, harass the fuck out of them and hope to nick a second goal on the break.