Joey Barton: Are we convinced?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He looked a decent player at Man City so he's probably worth another season as a squad member to prove whether he's still up to it or not.

His performances have been rubbish - I wouldn't pay 2m for him and we will struggle to get our money back - if he was worth 5.8m, Robert Lee must have been worth15m at his peak..even Nobby now is worth more...

:laugh:

What has he had, 5 league starts? I thought he was good against Blackburn, good against Arsenal and yes, he has been poor in the other games but which of our players are performing consistently at the moment? The same people who want us to sell Barton probably want rid of Butt and Emre too - we can't buy 20 players in the Summer. I've seen enough from him to suggest he's a decent midfielder and certainly good for us next season.

Was a great player last year, but like everyone, inexplicably turned into s*** once he put on a Toon shirt.

To be fair, it probably has something to do with the fact that he's been in and out of prison.

Still, just our luck eh?

Despite his undoubted talent, Barton is not fit due to lifestyle related issues leaving him a yard off the pace. Like many of our squad, this inability to keep up with the pace of the game has contributed to our downfall this year.

Doug.

Despite his undoubted talent, Barton is not fit due to lifestyle related issues leaving him a yard off the pace. Like many of our squad, this inability to keep up with the pace of the game has contributed to our downfall this year.

Doug.

Undoubted talent? I seriously doubt it myself.

Guest Ebolarama

Everyone saying "he's misunderstood/needs another chance/will come good" is just trying not to look stupid after getting him put on the back of their shirt. I should know, I did. Useless cunt that he is.

Vastly over rated. Has looked medicore at best, for us, ever.

I don't agree, he's looked s*** at best

I was being kind, for the "he's class, Barton" idiots.

bluelaugh.gif

with his next ban just days away (now its being reviewed by the FA) it will be a pretty shocking season for Barton, who has missed more games than he's played for various reasons.

I dont know how anybody can be convinced by him, what has he done to convince?

What has he had, 5 league starts? I thought he was good against Blackburn, good against Arsenal and yes, he has been poor in the other games but which of our players are performing consistently at the moment? The same people who want us to sell Barton probably want rid of Butt and Emre too - we can't buy 20 players in the Summer. I've seen enough from him to suggest he's a decent midfielder and certainly good for us next season.

You think he was good for those entire two games?

You think he was good for those entire two games?

2 games in a season aint bad tho tbf.

we simply dont have a good enough cm in the squad atm - that goes for barton as well

and taking his off field antics into account he never should have been signed

I'll freely admit that I thought Barton would easily have stood out amongst the dross that is our (central) midfield.

He, like just about everyone else has played way way below his expected standard. I wouldn't particularly say Barton has ben worse than the majority of his team mates. I think Butt and Emre have little more to offer and I think Barton is firing well below his standard.