What happens when Martins returns?

Decky

When Martins comes back:

Some people will (wrongly) say he is top class, good enoguh for the top 4, etc.

Some peopel will say (even more wrongly) that Arsenal/Man Utd/another bigger club than us are after him.

He'll be really good in some games, and awful in at least as many others.

Most people will probably just say "He's Martins - not Ronaldo or Anelka. But better than Smith so get him in.

Most? Maybe. But there'll be enough pathetic cunts on here making stuff up about who wants him.

Martins has to start for me.

Harper

Carr  Beye Taylor Enrique

Faye

Zog

Milner                        Duff

Martins

Owen

Carr? One of the worst defenders we have? Why, oh why, would we do that? And please god don;t base it on 3 decent games out of the 100+ he's played for us.

Reckon Martins could transform us into a decent side, he's top class. Just hope we can keep him in the summer, reckon Liverpool might need to find them a partner for Torres.

Can't agree with that like. Hopefully he'll get a few goals and help keep us up though. We need him at the minute but he's simply not top class at present (not convinced he ever will be either).

Reckon Martins could transform us into a decent side, he's top class. Just hope we can keep him in the summer, reckon Liverpool might need to find them a partner for Torres.

Can't agree with that like. Hopefully he'll get a few goals and help keep us up though. We need him at the minute but he's simply not top class at present (not convinced he ever will be either).

He's certainly good enough to stay as a squad member.  If we could get him to use his pace over the last 20 mins to stretch tiring defences he'd be very handy indeed.  This season he is vital though.  He's the only one that will score irrespective of how the team is playing.  I'm not saying he'll score every game but if he starts the rest he'll get between 4 and 6..

Martins is the type who needs about 4 chances to score, with what's behind him he'll be lucky to get 1. The thing he brings is the THREAT of pace which team will hopefully be scared of, making space for others.

That was a pisstake as I felt sad for NM cause no one seemed to say what he said people would say.

Martins is the type who needs about 4 chances to score, with what's behind him he'll be lucky to get 1. The thing he brings is the THREAT of pace which team will hopefully be scared of, making space for others.

Could be describing Owen................ except for the pace bit obviously

Martins is by far the most valuable player in a squad. For a 22 year old to score that many goals, in the best league in the world, in his first season, without a consistent or good strike partner or decent service, is to say the least commendable.

He will make a big difference to this side because unlike Smith, Martins likes to shoot.

Martins hasn't scared anybody so far this season. Like the rest of them.

Nowt to do with the fact that he's either been played out of position, from the bench or not at all?

Despite all of those factors he's STILL looked our best striker.

Guest Erich von Manstein

In reply to the topic title, I suspect Martins will miss a half chance and the fans will boo him and cheer him when he is subbed.

Guest Erich von Manstein

For a 22 year old to score that many goals, in the best league in the world, in his first season,

When did Martins score 8 goals in the La Liga?

For a 22 year old to score that many goals, in the best league in the world, in his first season,

Actually i ment for a club in the best league in the world (the premiership) and i ment his overall goals ;).

If you think that La Liga is the best league in the world you can fuck off over there.

Guest Sniffer

Martins hasn't scared anybody so far this season. Like the rest of them.

Nowt to do with the fact that he's either been played out of position, from the bench or not at all?

Despite all of those factors he's STILL looked our best striker.

While I hope Martins scores six, I think you have a short memory. He wasn't doing anything before he went to Africa and I'm not expecting great things from him now.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Actually i ment for a club in the best league in the world (the premiership) and i ment his overall goals ;).

If you think that La Liga is the best league in the world you can fuck off over there.

My bad, the Premiership is the bestestest cos it's dominated by the "Big Four" and that, innit.

My bad, the Premiership is the bestestest cos it's dominated by the "Big Four" and that, innit.

No i'm talking about entertainment mate.

La Liga has two top class clubs the rest are average as fuck. The premiership has alot of very good sides in my opinion.

As opposed to La Liga's big two?