Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Baptista has all of the footballing attributes to be a quality striker here yet there's always the worry he wouldn't settle after his comments about the north of England when he was at Arsenal.

Silvio Maric once said all English women were ugly before we signed him and he was a hit.

That's not quite the same thing. :lol:

Guest elpapi

Real Madrid supposedly offered €6m for Vander Vaart  according to the german "der kicker" :iamatwat: obviously rejected by Hamburg, but how comparable is that to... let's say £18m for Bentley  mackems.gif

Real Madrid supposedly offered €6m for Vander Vaart  according to the german "der kicker" :iamatwat: obviously rejected by Hamburg, but how comparable is that to... let's say £18m for Bentley  mackems.gif

how far is VDV away from the end of his contract ?

2 years I read a while ago

Real Madrid just taking the piss. £65m for Ronaldo and £4m for VDV :lol:

how about a bid to unsettle someone to agitate for move....or maybe just meeja bullshit

how about a bid to unsettle someone to agitate for move....or maybe just meeja bullshit

Vdv has a clause in his contract that he can leave next season for 1.5m €, so if Hamburg want to cash in they have to do it this year. As van der Vaart already wanted to leave the club for Spain last summer (photos taken with him holding a Valencia shirt already), so Madrid probably indeed try to unsettle him and lower the asking prie knowing that Hamburg are less reluctant to hold on to the player. If this story is true of course...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Roma accept Mutu defeat

Romania ace staying at La Viola

By Chris Burton  Last updated: 25th July 2008

skysports

Mutu: Staying put

Roma appear to have accepted defeat in their pursuit of Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu.

The Giallorossi tabled a bid for the Romania international earlier in the week, only to see it rejected by La Viola.

Luciano Spalletti's side are in the hunt for a forward after allowing Brazilian winger Mancini to join Serie A rivals Inter Milan.

They had made Mutu their No. 1 target, but Fiorentina president Andrea Della Valle insists that the former Chelsea man is staying at Artemio Franchi.

"I think it's over," conceded Spalletti.

"There were certain conditions with which it could have happened.

"These conditions were at an advanced stage and everything was put in place so if Mutu hasn't arrived that's through no fault of this club."

Intentions

Roma are understood to have offered to double Mutu's wages should he join the capital club, but Fiorentina's technical administrator Sandro Mencucci confirmed that the 29-year-old is happy in Florence.

"The situation with Adrian Mutu is perfect, the player understood our intentions and now he just wants to think about playing and he's not protesting," he said.

Meanwhile, Spalletti has turned his attentions to alternative options, with Chelsea's Florent Malouda, Real Madrid's Julio Baptista and Zenit St Peterburg's Andrei Arshavin believed to be among the contenders.

"We will sign a pair of players," added Spalletti.

"Right now we have to look elsewhere but calmly because there's still time.

"Baptista? I've never said anything about him. Baptista is a good player who has strong characteristics (but) we are strong in central midfield."

Unless we sell a striker or a club comes in for Ameobi and signs him...  (surely there isnt anyone stupid enough)

...then I dont see us coughing up for another striker.

Not that a couple deserve to be credited as strikers, but we have,    Martins, Owen,  Viduka, Carroll, Smith and Ameobi.

Granted the first three will get injured, some more frequently than others and you could argue Carroll might go out on loan, I would be suprised if we end up with another striker.

Priority will be to get the defenders we need, a creative midfielder... then if we have time, money and one of our boys leave, get another striker.

From .com

Meanwhile, United have moved to secure another 15 year -old prospect, with Velje defender Niels Bisp Rasmussen

arriving from his native Denmark for a week-long trial.

And from the danish Press:

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/dansk_fodbold/vejle_boldklub/article1037245.ece

Our sources were once again wayyy ahead

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=54508.msg1405763#msg1405763

nicko, yes nicko, reckons the warnock transfer saga has the 'mother off all twists'.

i'm still waiting for the modric one tbh

Let me guess....

Newcastle target Warnock turns down the deal at the last minute after a problem with personal terms.

:frantic:

nicko, yes nicko, reckons the warnock transfer saga has the 'mother off all twists'.

Let me guess....

Newcastle target Warnock turns down the deal at the last minute after a problem with personal terms.

i reckon its a barton swop or something

Let me guess....

i reckon its a barton swop or something

They're gonna take Ameobi in part exchange to complete their new look super strike force.