Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I suppose, but I still don't understand it, as a fan it would make me feel like s*** to misleading fellow fans, getting there hopes up for f*** all.

Probably a mackem.

Probably

AndyNUFC // Aug 11, 2008 at 17:42

Right lads, here’s what i’ve just heard over the phone.

My mate (with an insider) tells me that Coloccini is definitely signed and has been for 2 days. They just want to present him with the other 2 signings.

Smith is actually going to Everton, and Derdiyok hasn’t been playing for Basel because he’s coming to us. However, because of the Smith deal being held up, that’s why Derdiyok hasn’t came over yet.

There will be one MAJOR signing, somebody in midfield looks likely, though i doubt it’ll be Xavi. The insider knows who it is apparently but everybody has to keep tight lipped about it.

Kind of repeating what the general crack is but I trust this insider quite a fair bit and it puts a bit more faith in me.

WEDNESDAY is when all 3 signings will be revealed, so i’m going to the open day, however, the insider says there is a small chance of them being held up, though hopefully not.

My mate (with an insider) tells me that Coloccini is definitely signed and has been for 2 days. They just want to present him with the other 2 signings.

Smith is actually going to Everton, and Derdiyok hasn’t been playing for Basel because he’s coming to us. However, because of the Smith deal being held up, that’s why Derdiyok hasn’t came over yet.

There will be one MAJOR signing, somebody in midfield looks likely, though i doubt it’ll be Xavi. The insider knows who it is apparently but everybody has to keep tight lipped about it.

Kind of repeating what the general crack is but I trust this insider quite a fair bit and it puts a bit more faith in me.

WEDNESDAY is when all 3 signings will be revealed, so i’m going to the open day, however, the insider says there is a small chance of them being held up, though hopefully not.

Copying what the other guy said then.

The fuck are you getting this from? :lol:

Mate's just been on the phone saying that he's been speaking to a club insider and get this:

We've signed Collocini, but we're not announcing it because we want to present him along with 2 new signings. One of them is Derdiyok, but my mate won't tell me the other (he does know though!)

Medicals have been booked, in two different locations, and the players may or may not be attending them.

Must resist getting hopes built up...

its impossible though isnt it, we all want the best for the club so its easy to believe stuff like this, i just have to keep reminding myself that kev knows what he's doing so come the end of the window we'll be set right for the season , whether ten signings are unveiled on tuesday or not

BenjiToon  // Aug 11, 2008 at 17:49

Alright, I can now join in the ‘insider’ nonsense. Don’t profess Big Will’s connections but I have a friend who is very involved with the club’s new foundation and was at the ‘invite’ only bit of the launch on Saturday - not the general launch, a special function for a select few.

Present were Owen, Bracewell (not sure why Brace exactly but there you go), John Hall, Lambias and Ashley. Ashley already had his Coloccini shirt on and said it was a done deal. They had wanted to announce it on Saturday but…wait for it…they didn’t have all the paperwork on Friday night.

So they had decided to wait till Tuesday to announce “one or two things” at the same time. This doesn’t tell us much new but I just had the chat with me marra, so thought I’d relay it. As far as Ashley was concerned on Saturday the deal was done for Colo.

BTW Ashley came across as honest and very pleasant - ‘ordinary’ my mate says.

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

BenjiToon  // Aug 11, 2008 at 17:49

Alright, I can now join in the insider nonsense. Dont profess Big Wills connections but I have a friend who is very involved with the clubs new foundation and was at the invite only bit of the launch on Saturday - not the general launch, a special function for a select few.

Present were Owen, Bracewell (not sure why Brace exactly but there you go), John Hall, Lambias and Ashley. Ashley already had his Coloccini shirt on and said it was a done deal. They had wanted to announce it on Saturday butwait for itthey didnt have all the paperwork on Friday night.

So they had decided to wait till Tuesday to announce one or two things at the same time. This doesnt tell us much new but I just had the chat with me marra, so thought Id relay it. As far as Ashley was concerned on Saturday the deal was done for Colo.

BTW Ashley came across as honest and very pleasant - ordinary my mate says.

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Yeah, but who are we signing?