Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Arsenal star Flamini makes huge wage demand as talks reach crisis point

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... to=newsnow

Mathieu Flamini has told Arsenal they will have to make him one of the country's highest paid players if they want to keep him next season. The French midfielder has made the astonishing demand for a deal worth £7.5million-a-year - around £144,000 a week - because he has a similar offer on the table from AC Milan. He will be able to leave on a Bosman free transfer in the summer and now seems certain to quit the club unless they make him their top earner. Manager Arsene Wenger said today that Flamini had 48 hours to decide if he was going to accept Arsenal's deal which, with loyalty bonuses, would be worth £21m over four years.

Wenger originally claimed he wanted to know before the end of April whether the 24-year-old intended to stay, as he is anxious to begin the search for possible replacements. But the manager has now extended that deadline to Monday morning, when Flamini - who is set to return to the substitutes' bench against Everton on Sunday following an ankle injury - will be asked to make up his mind. He said: "Mathieu could answer the question on his future much better than I could. At the moment, we have no news from him but, at the latest, we expect it to be decided over the weekend. "He tells me he wants to stay and I want him to stay, but it will be down to numbers as well and we want to respect our wage structure. It is also important to keep the core of the team together."

mackems.gif Good riddance, greedy fucker!

Mental considering at the start of the season he wasn't really anything to write home about, in fact Arsenal were looking to off load him for £3m, and a lot of people on here (inc myself i think) thought he wasn't good enough. to make a bid for!

:lol:

Who said there was NO money in the italian game. I said there is not THAT kind of money in the Italian game at present.

Only a few clubs in England can afford to pay those wages and this is the richest league in the world.

There's a reason why the biggest stars in the game today are joining premiership clubs, it's not for the love of the English game, it's the money !!

If they are offering Flamini 144k how much do you think Kaka would have to be on ?

No way in hell Milan have offered 144k a week, there's not that kind of money in the Italian game.

As it's a Bosman, decide the transfer fee that would have been paid, divide by the number of years on the contract,, add that annual figure to the annual wages, could easily make £144k pw if Milan wanted to pay it.

No way in hell Milan have offered 144k a week, there's not that kind of money in the Italian game.

As it's a Bosman, decide the transfer fee that would have been paid, divide by the number of years on the contract,, add that annual figure to the annual wages, could easily make £144k pw if Milan wanted to pay it.

There's no way over 5 years he's worth £40m.

He's a £10m player max imo, even in this good form.

As for wages i wouldn't pay more than £65kpw for him.

All together that's £27m or divided with no transfer fee is about £100kpw, which is POSSIBLY about right for a free of his ability.

Crazy money, crazy deal, but all Arsenal's fault for mis-judging his talent and trying to sort it out too late. The Diarra sale looks even more docile by the minute.

No argument there, just why the hell would they offer Flamini that ? It would just cause the likes of Kaka and Pato to ask for more, which being far superior players they would think they deserved.

I'll repeat the Italian game does not have the money to over inflate the salary of a player of Flamini level I don't even think Chelski if they were interested would offer him that much.

If we were talking about Torres or Robnaldo then I wouldn't question it. If you ask me it's just Flamini trying to gouge everything he can out of Arsenal, could be a big mistake on his part.

Flamini = 144K  bluelaugh.gif . He is decent but he is hardly a must have player, once again football gone madness. He is one of these players that football know it alls like to wax lyrical about but the reality is he nowt special.

Wonder how many players Keegan actually wants? I hear him saying 3 to 4 one week then 4 to 5 another.

Judging on that then between 3-5 seems a safe bet.

Lovely sarcasm, but seriously, 2 players difference could cost up to as much as 20m.

Wonder how many players Keegan actually wants? I hear him saying 3 to 4 one week then 4 to 5 another.

Judging on that then between 3-5 seems a safe bet.

Lovely sarcasm, but seriously, 2 players difference could cost up to as much as 20m.

O0 Sorry, just taking the piss.

AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has revealed he dreams of one day playing in England.

The Italian World Cup winner, who spent a short spell in Scotland with Rangers earlier in his career, has endured a tough season in Italy as his side struggle to obtain the fourth and final Champions League spot in Serie A.

Milan lie in fifth place, two points behind Fiorentina with three games remaining.

Gattuso has publicly announced his displeasure at his club's position in the Italian press, and was not shy in discussing his future in an interview with the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

"I'd like the chance to play in the Premier League," he said. "It's a dream I've always had and have never hidden. I think I have the right characteristics to play in that championship."

For Gattuso, the Champions League semi-finals have perfectly highlighted the similarities in style between Italy and the Premier League.

Three English sides made up the final four teams involved, with two of them - Manchester United and Chelsea - advancing to the final.

While no Italian side progressed beyond the quarter-finals, Gattuso says the Italian style of counter-attacking football known as 'catenaccio' was there for all to see.

"I have to say that what I've seen in these semi-finals has been a very Italian style of play. Plenty of catenaccio," he added.

"When I started playing football everybody said that the Italian style of play was 'anti-football', that teams only thought about defending.

"Instead it turns out that everyone else has copied us."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overseas/italy/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/08/05/02/SOCCER_Ita-AC_Milan_Gattuso.html&TEAMHD=italy

I know we have enough players with engines in midfield & it is flair we need but would any of you like him to join NUFC.

AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has revealed he dreams of one day playing in England.

The Italian World Cup winner, who spent a short spell in Scotland with Rangers earlier in his career, has endured a tough season in Italy as his side struggle to obtain the fourth and final Champions League spot in Serie A.

Milan lie in fifth place, two points behind Fiorentina with three games remaining.

Gattuso has publicly announced his displeasure at his club's position in the Italian press, and was not shy in discussing his future in an interview with the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

"I'd like the chance to play in the Premier League," he said. "It's a dream I've always had and have never hidden. I think I have the right characteristics to play in that championship."

For Gattuso, the Champions League semi-finals have perfectly highlighted the similarities in style between Italy and the Premier League.

Three English sides made up the final four teams involved, with two of them - Manchester United and Chelsea - advancing to the final.

While no Italian side progressed beyond the quarter-finals, Gattuso says the Italian style of counter-attacking football known as 'catenaccio' was there for all to see.

"I have to say that what I've seen in these semi-finals has been a very Italian style of play. Plenty of catenaccio," he added.

"When I started playing football everybody said that the Italian style of play was 'anti-football', that teams only thought about defending.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overseas/italy/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/08/05/02/SOCCER_Ita-AC_Milan_Gattuso.html&TEAMHD=italy

I know we have enough players with engines in midfield & it is flair we need but would any of you like him to join NUFC.

Would love to sign him but would he join us?I doubt it,cant see him joining a team not in europe

Would love to sign him but would he join us?I doubt it,cant see him joining a team not in europe

But we have the lure of being the club nearest to his wife family in Scotland & as Keane said WAGs have a big say.

But we have the lure of being the club nearest to his wife family in Scotland & as Keane said WAGs have a big say.

Oh yeah forgot his wife is Scottish!Should give it a go,all we really have in the dm is Butt and he is very much hit and miss

I mean there must be a reason why Milan is crap these days, and why Gatusso slowly is loosing his place in the first 11.

Maybe Milan are crap because they are not playing Gatusso enough?

Guest Hellhammer

Gatusso is not that good anymore, so it doesnt surprise me if Milan lets him go in the summer. I thought i maybe wanted to play for Rangers, isnt his wife from Scotland (and Rangers fan?) or something?

Gatusso is not that good anymore, so it doesnt surprise me if Milan lets him go in the summer. I thought i maybe wanted to play for Rangers, isnt his wife from Scotland (and Rangers fan?) or something?

He will more than likely go there in his penultimate season but there plenty of life in left in him yet.  He trained with Rangers at Christmas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/12/28/sfnran128.xml

Everyone banging on about how they don't want stars on their way out, yet cum in their pants at the mention of an aging out of form Gattuso.

I dont think people are cumming in there pants, he is only 30 ffs. It was only last season he won CL medal & he played well IIRC against both Man Utd & Liverpool. Also on current form this year Big Sams best signings have been Faye & Beye imo & they are both 30. I am sure your the chap that wants an understudy to our 22 year old left back, you like them young O0

Everyone banging on about how they don't want stars on their way out, yet cum in their pants at the mention of an aging out of form Gattuso.

Hes 30 by the way and you have to be realistic,these are the kind of players we might only be able to sign.

Hes 30 by the way and you have to be realistic,these are the kind of players we might only be able to sign.

30 might be young in Italy, but its not here in the EPL, he might not be able to handle the pace constantly every game at that age, especially if he's off form in the 1st place.

Massive gamble as he'll command a huge salary, i don't think its in the realms of bringing a flair player over who's on his way out, but by the time he's settled he's 31 and then were really looking at a replacement anyway. I don't see the point in going for him, and if were being realistic he'll want euro football at least and the only reason why anyone is entertaining the thought is due to geographical reasons that were canny close to Scotland. Dose of realism, he's not going to be interested yet an up and coming mid 20's trying to make a mark for himself might be.