Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest shaun11177

Can just imagine Luque saying to Joaquin-Newcastle is great they pay any stupid salary you ask for.

Huntelaar-remember him playing against us in UEFA Cup-we could have got him for about 5m. before he joined Ajax-25m seems steep to me-15-17m at the most.

Sidwell or Bullard-similar types of player-i would rather have Bullard.

Bentley at 10m is fair but i think the fee will be higher.

Heinze is playing for Real Madrid-Lahm has signed for Barca, Robinho/Berbatov are way out of our league.

Has anyone seen Nasri play?-no i doubt whether anyone at NUFC has either-pass.

Dunne,Riise,Arshavin,Bent,SWP,Alex,Ben-Haim are all reasonable targets.

Diego/V D Vaart will be looking for better teams.

Adriano-we have enough problems with Barton.

I would like to throw in a wild card-Chris Brunt of West Brom-i havent seen anyone who can cross a ball like this lad for a long time.

Looks like FLamini is a free agent now :(

Mr Wenger said he has till the last day of April to confirm he is staying, no news so looks like hes there for the highest (wage) bidder!

No need to look so glum, I'm quite heartened at the prospect of Flamini's impending departure.  :pow:   Should Hleb join him on the way out, so much the better.

I think Flamini's departure, if it happens, might hit your team hard.  I think he's one of the most underrated players in the premiership, it's Flamini's hard work that gives Fabregas the freedom to play.   Think he'll be a tough act to replace.

What a coincidence! Exactly what they say on Sky SPorts :p

But yeh i agree, but lets face it, Arsene Knows!

Or maybe we could splash some on that Diaby? :snod: :clap2: :celb: :celb:

Well i dont think he is happy at Arsenal playing left midfield and i really rated him when he was playing center mid getting forwards and back like a previous french midfielder we had :(

Rather have Van Der vaart than Nasri

I dont really rate Nasri, think there is a lack of end product from him.

And i think any club in the premier league would take Van Der Vaart!

Would Joaquin be effective on the right of a midfield 3? Always thought of him as a wide winger.

Been rubbish for about 3 seasons and would flop here

Not necessarily, the guy is made for the premiership IMO.

I would like to throw in a wild card-Chris Brunt of West Brom-i havent seen anyone who can cross a ball like this lad for a long time.

Holy fook no, he is brutal in the extreme!

I'm from Northern Ireland and watch this man play live each home game for our wee country and he is the most frustraiting player in the team!

Very on paced, cant tackle or beat a man, and his crossing is only good from dead balls, in normal play he struggles to beat the first man!

Nasri has been pretty good in the last few months, scoring a few goals as well. We definately should be looking at him, considering Marseille aren't guarenteed Europe, yet.

Murmurs of him heading to Arsenal.

Nasri has been pretty good in the last few months, scoring a few goals as well. We definately should be looking at him, considering Marseille aren't guarenteed Europe, yet.

Well we have been linked with quite a few players from france so if he is good he would not have gone unnoticed

Theres a rumour of every good young french player and arsenal.

Theres a rumour of every good young french player and arsenal.

Well, he has been linked with you for about a year now.  Another quality young Frenchie is Yoann Gourcuff who doesn't get a look-in at Milan because of Kaka, is unsettled and now subject to a bid from Ajax.  Remember seeing him play in the u20's Euro tournament, best player in the competition by quite a distance, haven't seen much of him for a while now though.

Guest nufc_geordie
Switzerland striker Eren Derdiyok has said he would love to play with Michael Owen at Newcastle. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is on red alert after Swiss striker Eren Derdiyok declared he wants to move to the Premier League - and team up with Michael Owen.

Fc Basle's Derdiyok, 19, scored a stunner against England at Wembley in February.

He said: "My dream is to play with Owen at Newcastle."

From Wikipedia:

Club career

At 6ft 2in Derdiyok is a powerful striker who can also fill in a centre-back if needed. He is of Turkish descent so if he ever played in Turkey he would wear the name "Eren" on the back of his shirt instead of his surname. He started his career with Swiss minnows BSC Old Boys at the beginning of the 2005/06 season in which scored 10 goals in just 18 appearances. FC Basel noticed his goal scoring instinct and snapped him up in 2006 at the age of 18. In the 2006/07 season, Derdiyok was used as sub mainly a substitute, playing only one full game, and averaging a total of 220 play minutes that season. For Derdiyok, the 2007/08 season proved to be a lot more profitable and he received regular play time. On FC Basel's main squad, Derdiyok scored his first hat trick playing away against FC Thun on 2 March 2008. On 6 April 2008 he won the Swisscom Cup, his first title.

[edit] International career

[edit] Youth sides

Eren Derdiyok has been a regular in the Swiss youth sides for the past few years, scoring seven goals in seven games for the Switzerland Under 19s and an even more impressive seven goals in five games for the Switzerland Under 21s.

[edit] National team

After impressing in the Swiss Super League for FC Basel and with the Switzerland Under 21 team, Derdiyok was called up and received his first cap for the Switzerland full team against England, in a game at Wembley, on February 6, 2008, at the age of 19. Having come on as a substitute at half time, it only took 12 minutes for Derdiyok to take an excellent early shot (his first), with which he scored.

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Switzerland striker Eren Derdiyok has said he would love to play with Michael Owen at Newcastle. (Daily Mirror)

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Yes, he signed from Madrid has had a bad time with injuries but is in very good form at the minute.

I can tell you this 11 goals in 17 matches in the Brazilian league is exceptionell considering players scoring 20 in 48 matches go to Europe and score loads of goal in the spanish and italian league. Not going to say PL considering no brazilian striker has gone straight from Brazil to England however i would love to see Adriano if he could keeep his troubles away.

don't read too much into his form recently in brazil as the main league finished in november and doesn't start till may. all he's played in has been the regional league.