Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Apart from the fact I don't rate him, how f****** tall would Crouch look in vertical stripes man? Just say no.

Thanks for another reason... :-) Wouldn't want him. Would prefer Ashton as our big/tall striker. Still think that we have to change that one-dimensionality (does that word even exist?), which has been one of our major problems yesterdays (clear to see when we lost Viduka). We cannot operate with longballs and one striker holding them up. We need some creativity...

Our biggest problem up top is Viduka's lack of movement, I don't see Crouch helping rectify this problem.

Crouch is mobile for a big bloke imho and skillful too

Out of Crouch, Ashton and Bent I honestly vbelieve Coruch would compliment our system the best, fantastic at binging the ball down and bringing others into play.

I really rate Ashton but the injury record scares me, and Bent I rate as well, basically any would be a good singing, even two of!

But this Gomis guy is really making me think, everything I see of him (not much admittedly) is excellent and is the right age, just get the feeling if we dont get in for him he'll go elsewhere and blossom into a world class player!

Can anyone understand why we avent bought fookin ashavin yet though?

Have been linked since last summer, has had a quality UEFA Cup campagin and is Russias captain, if we're not in for him now and he has a good EURO we'll be modriced!

Surely he would be the logical answer to not getting Modric?

Manuel Fernandes would be an excellent signing imo, doesn't seem to be going to Everton permanently as far as I can tell from today's rumours. 1878, if you're reading, what have you thought of him this year? I thought he was class last season for both Pompey and you, not seen a huge amount of Everton this year.

Can anyone understand why we avent bought fookin ashavin yet though?

Have been linked since last summer, has had a quality UEFA Cup campagin and is Russias captain, if we're not in for him now and he has a good EURO we'll be modriced!

Surely he would be the logical answer to not getting Modric?

Turned us down in January and saying he will be staying at Zenit because they qualifed for the Champions League.

Pavel Pogrebnyak - centre forward who plays for Zenit St. Petersburg, joint top scorer in this years UEFA Cup, just breaking onto the int'l scene with the Soviets. Has looked good everytime i've watched him (both for Zenit & Russia). Is 6ft plus, decent movement and 24, could well be worth a bid.

EDIT: Prob stay and play CL football with Zenit next season.

On teamtalk they say we've been linked to a porto centre half who's worth 30 million Euros!!! (23 million quid)

Doubt that'll happen.  I'll be happy with Dunne, a half decent leftback and spend the brunt on the midfield and attack.  If we have 30M to spend I'd get

Dunne-4M due to contract expiring.

Shorey if Reading go down -5m

(If not Seb Larsson does a decent job a LB as well as RB and Midfield.  Could be useful to have in the squad as a backup for Enrique and Beye.) -2-3M

Spend the rest on 2 Midfielders and  Striker possibly Crouch, Bullard and Somone like Appiah.

On teamtalk they say we've been linked to a porto centre half who's worth 30 million Euros!!! (23 million quid)

Doubt that'll happen.  I'll be happy with Dunne, a half decent leftback and spend the brunt on the midfield and attack.  If we have 30M to spend I'd get

(If not Seb Larsson does a decent job a LB as well as RB and Midfield.  Could be useful to have in the squad as a backup for Enrique and Beye.) -2-3M

Spend the rest on 2 Midfielders and  Striker possibly Crouch, Bullard and Somone like Appiah.

Jimmy fucking Bullard again!!!!????

Jimmy f****** Bullard again!!!!????

Aye I know I just can't think of anyone else who would come that knows how to take a freekick/corner.  If Geremi could find someone once in a while off a corner/free kick we'd probably have more points.  I could of said lets get Nasri or Diego or van Der Vaart buts thats just pie in the sky. 

Bullard is about the level of player we can attract at the moment.  This summer we need to get some players that can do a decent job over 1/2 years and get us into the Uefa so we can start getting the real talent.

Pennant, Huddlestone, Bentley, Nakamura, Elano, Downing, to name a few.

I'm sure if we really wanted to we could sign any of the above, with the possible exception of Bentley, all of whom would represent a much better option than Jimmy Bullard. I appreciate that he's a decent set piece taker and would offer more than most of our current 'attacking midfielders' but we should be aiming a lot higher than him. Just because we could get him easily doesn't mean we should.

It cracks me up that there are so many people on here who think Gattuso is no longer good enough for us, yet at the same time there are those wanting Jimmy Bullard.

Gattuso is good enough for us but I doub't he'd come.  He said he wants to end his career in Glasgow.  Plus you can Guarantee if we went for him Spurs and Everton would meaning we'd lose him as he'd want to play in Europe.  Bullard is good enough to do a good job in our team.  He's certainly better than Geremi.  We'd all Like to buy the cream of europe.  Until we realise we can't sign the likes of Modric and stop buying overpaid hasbeens instead to keep the fans happy we'll never achieve anything.

Think we should whack a £10m bid on for Bent, i think he's a good all rounder who hasn't had the chance to shine at Spurs, he's get it here.

Much better option than the crock Ashton.

Manuel Fernandes would be an excellent signing imo, doesn't seem to be going to Everton permanently as far as I can tell from today's rumours. 1878, if you're reading, what have you thought of him this year? I thought he was class last season for both Pompey and you, not seen a huge amount of Everton this year.

Asking price is supposed to be £12m despite him being unwanted at Valencia who are struggling for cash. Bit steep.

He's very talented but hasn't been as good this season as he was in his last loan spell, he started very slowly probably due to a lack of fitness/games. I still think he can be one of the top midfielders around if he ups his workrate and application a bit.

Asking price is supposed to be £12m despite him being unwanted at Valencia who are struggling for cash. Bit steep.

He's very talented but hasn't been as good this season as he was in his last loan spell, he started very slowly probably due to a lack of fitness/games. I still think he can be one of the top midfielders around if he ups his workrate and application a bit.

We have enough application here mate, think he'd be a canny signing for us.

I'd also take Crouch here. One of the most underrated players in the league.

He'd become a cult hero here.

It cracks me up that there are so many people on here who think Gattuso is no longer good enough for us, yet at the same time there are those wanting Jimmy Bullard.

Gattuso is good enough for us but I doub't he'd come.  He said he wants to end his career in Glasgow.  Plus you can Guarantee if we went for him Spurs and Everton would meaning we'd lose him as he'd want to play in Europe.  Bullard is good enough to do a good job in our team.  He's certainly better than Geremi.  We'd all Like to buy the cream of europe.  Until we realise we can't sign the likes of Modric and stop buying overpaid hasbeens instead to keep the fans happy we'll never achieve anything.

Excellent post.  :clap: