Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Gattuso is good enough for us but I doub't he'd come.  He said he wants to end his career in Glasgow.

he also said he wants to end it at Boca Juniors!

Not heard that before but I bet he doesn't own a restaurant and his wife is certainly not from there.

Newcastle and Spurs in talks with Benfica over their fullback Nelson apparently.

He's a right-back, so I can't see Spurs buying him, even if they move Chimbonda on.  They bought Hutton for £9m in January and he's looked fairly canny for them, so I can't see them buying another right-back, especially for big bucks.  Not to say we'll get him, but don't think Spurs are in for him.

We are going to have to start going for players spurs aren't after.  They are far more attractive to join what with Europe, London and a global name as manager.

If we do that then we're looking at mediocre players and that won't help us at all. Take Tottenham on. If we don't bother to compete then we'll always be losers.

We are going to have to start going for players spurs aren't after.  They are far more attractive to join what with Europe, London and a global name as manager.

If we do that then we're looking at mediocre players and that won't help us at all. Take Tottenham on. If we don't bother to compete then we'll always be losers.

Not really.  Spurs aren't going to buy every good player in the world.  It seems at the minute they don't have a scouting network they just wait for us to make a bid.

I honestly think some people overhype how big a name Juande Ramos is..  As for London, well we can offer more money so we each have an advantage there.  I'd say the only thing in there favour is Europe.  Sorry but its ludicrous to say we should drop interest in players because the Spuds are after them.  I mean common they aren't Madrid, Barca or Manure..

I honestly think some people overhype how big a name Juande Ramos is..  As for London, well we can offer more money so we each have an advantage there.  I'd say the only thing in there favour is Europe.  Sorry but its ludicrous to say we should drop interest in players because the Spuds are after them.  I mean common they aren't Madrid, Barca or Manure..

I know I wasn't really being serious just a bit pissed off at losing out on Modric.  It's just in the last few years we've nicked plenty of players from under the noses of Spurs (Parker, Duff etc).  Seems the trends changing despite their not being much difference in the position of the club.  I really hate Spurs for some reason I can't understand and I can't stand it when they beat us to a player.

Ronaldo was said to be looking for a new club as it doesnt look like he's gonna be offered another contract at Milan - would anyone take a massive gamble on him?

I probably would, massive gamble but ithink he could make it in the prem.

Ronaldo was said to be looking for a new club as it doesnt look like he's gonna be offered another contract at Milan - would anyone take a massive gamble on him?

No. We've had enough hasbeens in the past.

Too busy looking for cock isn't he?.

he was a great player but i think it would be another kluivert situation sadly

not being funny but was Kluivert actually that bad?? He was hardly crap just a bit lazy and injury prone and was never gonna get a good run with Bellamy because Shearer would inevitzbly return and demand his place.

I can see Ronaldo being alrite in the Prem, for £0 id take a gamble albeit with massive wages but it doesnt have to be a lengthy contract.

Kluivert was alctually a gamble i was happy for the club to take, because it was gonna be a win win situation for us.

Not a target for us, but i can't believe Roeder hasn't offered Huckerby a new contract

He's lined up Kuyt to replace him.

Sent Clarky to watch him against Chelsea last week.

Apparently he's booked to follow the Liverpool pre-season games too.

Expect some movement on this soon................................

well, October.

Huddlestone's available apparently.

Would anyone take him?

imo he's not mobile enough for a 4-4-2 but i think he would fit in very well to our system. excellent passing range and adds a bit of height and presence.