Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

£12m for Anelka would be perfect (maybe even only a couple of million net if someone is willing to pay over the odds for Smith and Stoke get promoted).

Would make utter sense for them to move him on. He was mainly purchased to cover for the ANC, as Shevchenko and Pizzaro have effectively flopped, whilst the alternative option with Drogba in the team was for him to play wide, where he hasnt done well enough to warrant being a first teamer next season.

He's played before under Keegan, a manager who he has openly admired, he's perfect for Viduka's role, and his maturity in not forcing a move away from Bolton should not be overlooked. Good footballer with some pace and intelligence, and although not a long term signing, could well be someone who shoots us back up the league into a position where we'd be better fit to sign good talent.

Anelka would be a dream signing, but surely everyone else outside the top 4 would want him as well.

Anelka would be a great signing, i think were the perfect club, with the perfect manager for him at this stage of his career.

Think were losing Owen now, pay cuts etc...he'll not accept that so lets go back to 442 and claw some money back for him. Reckon we could get about £9m for Owen on current form.

Is it a coincidence that our defence looks much more composed and more organised with a goalkeeper capable of communicating with his backline and generally dominating his box? I think not

Harper has to stay in the team, no question

Absolutely!, agree with that.

harper should stay in on form.

however the "dominating his box" thing is one of those phrases people trot out that doesn't actually mean anything when you watch what actually happens.

it means Harper takes responsibility where Given does not

for example, Harper will leave his goal line to catch the ball once in a while

Guest GeordinhoTaffy

Anelka would be a great signing, i think were the perfect club, with the perfect manager for him at this stage of his career.

Think were losing Owen now, pay cuts etc...he'll not accept that so lets go back to 442 and claw some money back for him. Reckon we could get about £9m for Owen on current form.

Don't always believe what you read in the Sun, in fact, never believe what you read in the Sun!

Guest elpapi

As if Owen will get 100k at any other team...  :nope: Any midtable team shouldn't pay that amount for a player, with their wagebill in mind. Same goes for whatever Viduka, Duff, Smith, etc are earning...

Harper

Beye Faye Dunne Enrique

Lennon Veloso Barton Milner/N'Zgobia

Anelka Martins

what a team, top 7 for sure right there

Replace Barton for a creative midfielder and then it would be great

Dunne available for 1 million according to the papers this morning

Load of bollocks. No way he'd be sold that cheaply.

He's buying out his contract

But can only move to a foreign club, so its bollocks any EPL team is linked with him for that price.

But can only move to a foreign club, so its bollocks any EPL team is linked with him for that price.

Where in Fifa Article 17  does it say they have to move to another league?

It is a well known fact, I don't know how you can question it.

Hush little boy.  :razz:

Wigan was the first club to take advantage of this new ruling as they signed Andy Webster from Hearts in August of 2006. Initially Hearts was slow to react to the signing, but when Webster was loaned to Hearts' rival Rangers, Hearts took legal action. Hearts believed that the £625,000 either Andy Webster or Wigan should pay was not adequate compensation. It was well short of the four million pound transfer Hearts wanted. This amount was based on the so-called 'going rate' in the transfer market of a player of his calibre. FIFPRO, the global players’ football union, supported both Webster's and Wigan's case because of the implications of a ruling in the player's favour.

The case was finally brought before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland to clarify the wording and legality of Article 17. The court ruled on 30 January 2008 that Webster was free to sign with another club from a different national league and that, according to Article 17, he need only pay £150,000 for leaving the club for Wigan with a year remaining on his contract. This amount is generally cited as being the amount that Hearts would have owed him had he remained with the club.

This ruling in fact has established an addendum to Article 17 allowing a player who is between the ages of 23 and 28 to move in the final year of a four or five year contract provided he hands in a request to the club no more than 15 days after the end of the previous season. The club would be entitled to compensation, but only equalling the amount of the final year's wages as per the contract. In most cases that would be far less than an agreed transfer fee. In addition, the player would have to move to a club that was not in the same association as his current club. Players who are older then 28 are only required to fulfill two years on a contract no matter the length of the contract. At such a point they can opt out of the rest of their contract by paying the remainder owed to them to the club they are under contract to.

I wasn't questioning it at all, I was geniuely asking!!!!

Hush little boy.  :razz:

Wigan was the first club to take advantage of this new ruling as they signed Andy Webster from Hearts in August of 2006. Initially Hearts was slow to react to the signing, but when Webster was loaned to Hearts' rival Rangers, Hearts took legal action. Hearts believed that the £625,000 either Andy Webster or Wigan should pay was not adequate compensation. It was well short of the four million pound transfer Hearts wanted. This amount was based on the so-called 'going rate' in the transfer market of a player of his calibre. FIFPRO, the global players’ football union, supported both Webster's and Wigan's case because of the implications of a ruling in the player's favour.

The case was finally brought before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland to clarify the wording and legality of Article 17. The court ruled on 30 January 2008 that Webster was free to sign with another club from a different national league and that, according to Article 17, he need only pay £150,000 for leaving the club for Wigan with a year remaining on his contract. This amount is generally cited as being the amount that Hearts would have owed him had he remained with the club.

This ruling in fact has established an addendum to Article 17 allowing a player who is between the ages of 23 and 28 to move in the final year of a four or five year contract provided he hands in a request to the club no more than 15 days after the end of the previous season. The club would be entitled to compensation, but only equalling the amount of the final year's wages as per the contract. In most cases that would be far less than an agreed transfer fee. In addition, the player would have to move to a club that was not in the same association as his current club. Players who are older then 28 are only required to fulfill two years on a contract no matter the length of the contract. At such a point they can opt out of the rest of their contract by paying the remainder owed to them to the club they are under contract to.

:thup:

I wasn't questioning it at all, I was geniuely asking!!!!

I thought you were with knowing that it was FIFA A17 which tbf i never would have guessed. (reminded me of Rimmer out of Red Dwarf  :blush:)

I thought you were with knowing that it was FIFA A17 which tbf i never would have guessed. (reminded me of Rimmer out of Red Dwarf  :blush:)

I keyed "FIFA Article 17" into google & read the article at the top of page & having done at a glance nothing stood out saying players had to move abroad/another association that is why I asked.

I'd try and get a swap deal going with Villa for Barry: - Milner plus cash, especially if were staying 433, everyone is a winner.

Barry's already a done deal with Liverpool according to that Spanish bloke who gets on Sky.

I'd try and get a swap deal going with Villa for Barry: - Milner plus cash, especially if were staying 433, everyone is a winner.

Barry's already a done deal with Liverpool according to that Spanish bloke who gets on Sky.

MON doesn't seem to think so, in fact i reckon he'd sell to anyone but Liverpool now they way he's kicking off about it.

Worth a punt like, can only say no and it gets them thinking about Milner.

Swap deals often talked about by fans but very rarely used by clubs.

Kevin Keegan was in Paris last night to watch PSG midfielder Amara Diane and St Etienne striker Bafetimbi Gomis in action.

The Newcastle United boss made the trip to France following Friday's summit meeting with owner Mike Ashley where he was told how much he has got to spend on improving the squad.

Keegan is looking to strengthen all positions and will know that PSG are potentially on the verge of a massive summer clearout as they totter on the brink of relegation.

Last night's 1-1 draw did them few favours, but Keegan was more interested in PSG's box-to-box midfielder Diane, an ever-present for the capital club this season.

The 25-year-old has scored nine goals in 37 appearances this term and his all action style looks to be suited to the Premiership.

Keegan may also have taken notes on St Etienne striker Gomis.

The 22-year-old has bagged 14 goals for his club this season and was linked to Bolton Wanderers in January, but the Trotters board baulked at St Etienne's £12million asking price.

France Under-21 midfielder Loic Perrin, who has been tracked by Arsenal, was St Etienne's star on the night and scored their goal.

Swap deals often talked about by fans but very rarely used by clubs.

Swap deal being talked about between Liverpool and Villa, not just the fans.