Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Harsh on Huddlestone, he is much better in his position than Milner.

No he has not, Milner has proved a hell of a lot more than huddlestone, a hell of a lot more. Simply because huddlestone has proved precisely nothing. Spurs will snatch their hands off if Everton are foolish enough to hand over that wedge for him.

Milner has achieved nothing either! Other than of course being fortunate to play because of the lack of quality at Newcastle in the last few seasons.

Huddlestone would walk into our midfield in much the same way, as he would be the best passing midfielder if he were in our team right now.

Milner wouldn't get into Tottenham's team.

Huddlestone is clearly a far more talented player than Milner. Hudd just needs to be used in a 4-3-3 as he doesn't quite have the mobility for the 4-4-2.

Kaka, most of the time you talk a lot of sense but I'm sorry that is a bunch on baloney. Milner was first shone at a very early age in the prem with leeds, he went on to be one of our few consisten performers (admittidly not our best but consistent and more than justifying his place in the team) over the next years, he also had a hugely successful year on loan with Villa, arguably their best player that season. All of this has been done in the PL, he's rack up around 200 games in the top league or something hasn't he ? That's fantastic going for a player of his age.

On the other hand Huddlestone, played decent for Derby in the Championship, was bought by Tottenham, and has played at the very most a handful of games where he's looked compendent.

I don't deny Huddlestone's got potential, but that's all he's got, I think the majority of Spurs fans would agree that he's a long way from realising it.

I understand all that, however do you not feel that Milner has benefitted from the mess the club has been in lately. The reality is if we had a decent right winger in the team these past few years then Milner wouldn't have been playing.

My argument is that at a better team Milner wouldn't have played much, and at a worse team Huddlestone would have played a lot more.

Harsh on Huddlestone, he is much better in his position than Milner.

No he has not, Milner has proved a hell of a lot more than huddlestone, a hell of a lot more. Simply because huddlestone has proved precisely nothing. Spurs will snatch their hands off if Everton are foolish enough to hand over that wedge for him.

Milner has achieved nothing either! Other than of course being fortunate to play because of the lack of quality at Newcastle in the last few seasons.

Huddlestone would walk into our midfield in much the same way, as he would be the best passing midfielder if he were in our team right now.

Milner wouldn't get into Tottenham's team.

Huddlestone is clearly a far more talented player than Milner. Hudd just needs to be used in a 4-3-3 as he doesn't quite have the mobility for the 4-4-2.

Kaka, most of the time you talk a lot of sense but I'm sorry that is a bunch on baloney. Milner was first shone at a very early age in the prem with leeds, he went on to be one of our few consisten performers (admittidly not our best but consistent and more than justifying his place in the team) over the next years, he also had a hugely successful year on loan with Villa, arguably their best player that season. All of this has been done in the PL, he's rack up around 200 games in the top league or something hasn't he ? That's fantastic going for a player of his age.

On the other hand Huddlestone, played decent for Derby in the Championship, was bought by Tottenham, and has played at the very most a handful of games where he's looked compendent.

I don't deny Huddlestone's got potential, but that's all he's got, I think the majority of Spurs fans would agree that he's a long way from realising it.

I understand all that, however do you not feel that Milner has benefitted from the mess the club has been in lately. The reality is if we had a decent right winger in the team these past few years then Milner wouldn't have been playing.

My argument is that at a better team Milner wouldn't have played much, and at a worse team Huddlestone would have played a lot more.

But tbh, Spurs have hardly been pulling up trees this season just ended. He's had the opportunity to shine, but hasn't so far taken it. I get the feeling that Spurs are loosing patience with him, and are getting a little fed up with waiting for his talent to come through.

Milner has benefitted in terms of number of appreances, for playing for struggling team. But it's hard to say if the team was playing better and he was seeing more of the ball, whether he would actually have benefitted more from this.

At the end of the day, I honestly believe that Milner is one of our better players and that we should be in no hurry to let him go but at the same time if some one comes in with 10mill, lets talk. Anything less and I would tell them to bugger off.

I'd love us to sign Huddlestone.

Moyes would play him in a 4-5-1, not a totally unsuitable 4-4-2 and get the best out of him.

6 mill is a hell of a wedge for potential which has only so far proved that he can't play in a 4-4-2.

I'd love us to sign Huddlestone.

Moyes would play him in a 4-5-1, not a totally unsuitable 4-4-2 and get the best out of him.

Yeah I like him, he's got a great range of passing but doesn't have the mobility to get about well enough in a 4-4-2.

Linked again With Gudjohnsen...The article says that Toon boss Kevin Keegan wants Gudjohnsen to replace Obafemi Martins, who is surplus to requirements. Fuckin hell   :lol:

It also has Liverpool offering £10 million for Milner. :iamatwat:

Well, when Everton are being linked with a 6mill bid for Tom "I have achieved albsolutely nothing, and no sign at all of fulfilling my potential" Huddlestone. Then 10 mill for Milner seems about right.

Better than Fabregas, tbh.

Posted by Butcher on Spurs Community:

Lennon and Quaresma

I'm a Liverpool fan but have heard from a source within your great club that you put an 18m bid in for Quaresma some days ago. Apparently Porto surprisingly said that it wasn't too far away from their valuation but that they wouldn't be listening to offers until after the Euro's. The same source also informed me that Quaresma and Porto are aware of two other declared suitors : One top Italian team and a top premiership side - believed to be Liverpool (my team).

The same guy has also told me that you lot are willing to let Lennon go at the right price and that Newcastle have made contact - and are mulling over a 12m bid (sounds too much to me).

This same guy told me mid-may (posted on here) that Spurs were in talks with Barca about Dos Santos - although the fee he quoted was way out.

Good luck chaps.

Probably not a lot of truth in it, don't believe for a minute that Spurs are bidding for Quaresma.  Liverpool are wanting a RW and Newcastle have enquired about Lennon before.  The definites are Lennon can go if the right offer comes along and one bid has been received (don't know who from) which wasn't enough.  Just passing on what the scouser said.

I still lament the fact that we missed out on Lassana Diarra. I really think he's class and his age is right too. -sigh-

As for Modric, I have not watch him play often to be convinced.

The hot tip from the boys who stick the letters on the back of the shirts is that Makelele is coming in.  Since Emre left, they need to get rid of all those extra E's they have in stock.  Obviously this meens Lualua is on the way out too.

Think about it, it all makes sense. 

Why do you think we bought the Zog?  All those Zs left over when the Zidane deal fell through.  Those lads who stick the letters on the shirts are the ones in the know.

Guest MaetihS

Shit...Spurs is going to be strong. Why are we lagging behind the transfers while Spurs snapped another gem in Dos Santos for a relatively cheap fee? Disappointed with our club which is apparently still in holiday while Spurs work overtime to snap up players making the most of clubs apparently still on holiday. Shit shit shit we could have Dos Santos.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

DOS SANTOS IS FUCKING SHIT. I said this when Portsmouth got D'Allesandro, everyone thought he was the new fucking Maradona or something,  "omg hes gonna destroy us " etc etc. Fuck's sake get a grip. Just because Spurs signed some pre pubescent shitface crap player doesn't mean it's the end of the world. That's the internet for you I guess

Shit...Spurs is going to be strong. Why are we lagging behind the transfers while Spurs snapped another gem in Dos Santos for a relatively cheap fee? Disappointed with our club which is apparently still in holiday while Spurs work overtime to snap up players making the most of clubs apparently still on holiday. Shit shit shit we could have Dos Santos.

But I thought we were such a poor team that Dos Santos would much rather have gone to Spurs anyway, even if we had been interested.  :rolleyes:

But seriously, talented though the kid is, he is very lightweight. Given that Barca, evidently, think he's unsuited to la Liga, he is by no means a guaranteed hit in the Premier league...

Zigic's agent says he wants to come to Newcastle.

Link

Skysports.com understands Valencia striker Nikola Zigic would be interested in a move to Newcastle.

Reports have linked Zigic with a possible summer switch to Tyneside in a swap deal, with Magpies full-back Jose Enrique going to Valencia.

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is believed to be in the market for striking reinforcements, with doubts continuing to surround the future of Michael Owen and the news that both Obafemi Martins and Mark Viduka are set to miss the start of next season through injury.

Zigic's future at Valencia looks uncertain with the giant striker failing to make an impact at La Mestalla last season.

The Serbian international has been continually linked with a move to England and the player's agent, Milan Calasan, says the big target-man would welcome a move to St James' Park.

"Yes Nikola would be interested in a move to Newcastle as he has always wanted to play in England," Calasan told skysports.com.

"There are many clubs interested in Nikola including some from Italy, but we are waiting to see what Valencia want to do.

"We do not know if Valencia want to keep him or sell him."

DOS SANTOS IS FUCKING SHIT. I said this when Portsmouth got D'Allesandro, everyone thought he was the new fucking Maradona or something,  "omg hes gonna destroy us " etc etc. Fuck's sake get a grip. Just because Spurs signed some pre pubescent shitface crap player doesn't mean it's the end of the world. That's the internet for you I guess

D'Allesandro looked a good player.

Guest optimistic nit

All joking aside one of our few "ITK" coming true stories was from the letters ordered for shirts :lol:

what a day that was :D :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

spurs have been "going to be strong" for about 5 years now, but they still aren't strong, and signing dos santos wont change that. If i was the newcastle chairman, i probably wouldn't have signed dos santos, its not that i don't think he can be a very good player, but if we're going to spend over 3 million for a player at this present time it needs to be less of a risk. when you are in spurs' position you can afford to take a 6million gamble. we can't.

and no, we probably couldn't have had dos santos, he'd most likely have chosen spurs over us. isn't your very irritating angle that we're no more than a shit mid table club thats going nowhere? i'm pretty sure you've made it clear that you think we can't compete with spurs for players, yet you think we could have signed dos santos ahead of them?