Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2008/07/02/um/m-01706884.htm

My Spanish is a bit rusty so struggling to understand this properly, but it looks like we're about to sign some bloke called Mariano Andujar from Estudiantes for €3m.

had just came here to post that article  :lol: read a couple of others that say Andujar's exit is possible but not yet confirmed, but if his club have already signed a replacement....

Everything seems to be moving now, brilliant stuff.

After all of today's news I'm actually really excited about the next few weeks to see who else we can bring in.

:celb:

To be honest, Given has probably gone as far as he can go.

If we think we can get someone better without breaking the bank, I'm all for it.

Unfortunately, i don't really disagree with this.

I'd be happy with Harper as number 1 for the forseeable future though. Might one of them be off, so we're covering ourselves by getting this guy?

Claim to fame was at Palermo apparantely, where he was brought in on loan for cover but ended up getting a load of games in the league and in Europe, cos the other keepers there were sold. Went back to Estudiantes where he helped them achieve the most water-tight defense in the league. 'Best keeper in the Argentinian league' then? He's 24 and 6ft 4, btw.

An odd one none the less.

How the hell did you both come across that article?

i occasionly trawl through news.google.fr/es/de/it etc when bored (which is often), type in newcastle and see if anything comes up.

Well it certainly won't be Harper on the way out. We'll need dynamite to get that fucker out. :hmm:

Liverpool have definitely been sniffing around the market for a backup GK, being linked with Harps back in April and he's been a Liverpool fan since he was a bairn, so I think it's the only club he'd consider.

If he hadn't got that run for us last season then I reckon he'd probably be away, even if it was just to sit on the bench there. As it stands he's got the jersey here, so it would probably be an awful decision for him if it did actually come about.

I have had the feeling that one of the two could leave, to be honest, though if the reduced wages policy is right I'd expect that player to be Given ahead of Harper, I'd bet Shay is one of the best-paid keepers in the league.