Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

If Dunne doesn't sign up for citeh in the summer then we pay him £4-5m to leave them and bring him in.

Wes Brown on a free is another good signing, that leaves mega bucks to be spend on attacking mids.

Jones £8m if the scum go down.

Then bring in Diego or VDV and pay them whatever they want.

Kenwynne Jones is not realistic. I think Niall Quinn would rather eat s*** than sell him to Newcastle.

They won't have a choice if they go down, £8m relegation release clause sees to that.

Would be great to take him off them, i reckon he'd be up for the move if offered.

If they do get relegated I think there will be a fair few clubs interested in taking him on board.  That said, I don't see Sunderland going down tbh.

Guest ToonGeneral

That Taiwo is a special player, we should go for him and Dunne. Id be very happy with Appiah too, as long as someone creative is brought in.

From BBC:

Manchester City defender Richard Dunne is considering buying out the last 12 months of his contract so he can leave the club this summer. (Mirror)

He would be a realistic target, having played under KK before.

Here'a the article. He is actually linked with us.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/2008/02/13/dunne-deal-or-goodbye-89520-20317737/

Richard Dunne may exit Manchester City for a knockdown £1.5million this summer.

Dunne is understood to be frustrated at the impasse in talks over a new deal and could take advantage of a FIFA ruling to leave.

Article 17 of FIFA's transfer regulations says that players over the age of 28 who have served at least two years can buy out the remaining 12 months of their contract.

The £10million-rated City skipper, who is being eyed up by Newcastle, could leave once he has paid City around £1.5m.

Dunne, 28, is aware of the FIFA ruling but would prefer to stay and commit his best years to the club.

However, the defender is disappointed with the club's opening offer and wants a pay rise which reflects his age and status as City's best performer of the last few years. He is currently on £28,000 a week.

If this happens I will eat my own head.

Arshavin

YaYa Toure

Richard Dunne

Deco

Huddlestone

Shorey

I like this!

I'd rather have bridge than Shorey but the rest is good, and quite realistic.

I'd also add Bentley to the list.

Leave Wes Brown alone. He's not good enough

Guest optimistic nit

I think Keegan will go for a left back, centre back, right back, right wing and 2 centre mids.

Left back: I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't sell Enrique simply because he doesn't get forward enough, Wayne Bridge would be the obvious target unless Vetere can find someone Keegan likes from overseas.

Centre back: Keegan has spoke about the need to be able to play the ball out from the back, Cacapa's probably the best on the ball out of our centre backs and I think Keegan will look for better, no idea who.

Right back: With Carr out of contract at the end of the season he'll need to bring someone else in, maybe Wes Brown on a free transfer since it's not a desperate position we need to fill.

Right Wing: Has to be SWP. Unrealistic? Maybe, but Chelsea are a team that always look to improve on their starting 11 and if SWP got the chance to work with Keegan again or be sat on Chelsea's bench I think he'd come here.

Centre Midfield 1: I think he'll look to bring in a ball playing holding man, Carrick would be the obvious choice but if he's unrealistic then I'd like to see us go for Huddlestone.

Centre Midfield 2: David Bentley, I know he's been playing out on the right but I think his future is in the middle, I've said on here before that though the middle with a decent team around him he could go on to be as good as Gerrard, he's got the lot.

I can see us getting a few young players in too, Barnes and that Czech lad we were looking at in January, not sure if Keegan will buy a striker yet unless someone of real quality becomes available.

wes brown is a nicky butt waiting to happen imo. very average player carried by better players around him but would get found out if he leaves.

i think keegan is looking for good young players as well as quality first teamers, so for that reason i cant see enrique getting sold.

i dont have a clue who we will sign next summer, with the levels of unbelieveable ineptitude we've produced in the transfer market every year since the season after we signed robert and bellamy.

Wes Brown was the worst player on the pitch for England when we played Switzerland. He just looked completely lost.

I'm not convinced he'd be an improvement on what we have, and i'd steer clear of former Man Utd players altogether if i was Keegan.

karim benzema anyone? could fancy a more to the prem.

Don't think we'd be able to get him, but would be worth a try if he does want to move on.

Of those already mentioned I like the sound of Appiah, SWP, Bridge and one of the fanciful creatives eg Deco, VdV, Diego etc. I think there is a very strong chance of Brown being an NUFC player come the start of next season.

The speculation gets particularly ridiculous just after the transfer window has closed.

3 months of this stuff normally does my head in, do we really want to go in for 6 people?

Thankfully champs will be on again soon and we'll have something else to watch than the usual suspects romping it in the league.

The speculation gets particularly ridiculous just after the transfer window has closed.

3 months of this stuff normally does my head in, <b>do we really want to go in for 6 people?</b>

Definitely! More than 6 preferably. Our current squad is gash and needs a complete overhall. We need to sign at least 4 new midfielders, a backup left back, a backup right back and probably another striker.

I think the most important thing for our club is that we dont make wholesale changes.

Yes we need real quality in certain areas but if we have to many out/in's it will not work. We need to select a handful of "Top class" players i.e Bentley and Deco etc, in the correct areas and combine that with the squad we have. That is the recipe for success.

After this, you concentrate on getting good youngsters such as Barnes etc to add to the depth.

Wes Brown was the worst player on the pitch for England when we played Switzerland. He just looked completely lost.

I'm not convinced he'd be an improvement on what we have, and i'd steer clear of former Man Utd players altogether if i was Keegan.

Even worse on Sunday.

He's a competent centre half. But he's never a right back. Defender, not a footballer.

Not realistic. Niether are several other names mentioned such as Yaya Toure, Diego, van der Vaart, Carrick and Dunne.  :angry:

3 months of this stuff normally does my head in, <b>do we really want to go in for 6 people?</b>

Definitely! More than 6 preferably. Our current squad is gash and needs a complete overhall. We need to sign at least 4 new midfielders, a backup left back, a backup right back and probably another striker.

If we make wholesale changes we will fail. It has never worked and never will work. Like i said in the post above, half a dozen top players will make a better difference than 20 decent players.

Even worse on Sunday.

He's a competent centre half. But he's never a right back. Defender, not a footballer.

Not realistic. Niether are several other names mentioned such as Yaya Toure, Diego, van der Vaart, Carrick and Dunne.  :angry:

I don't see the reason why Dunne should be unrealistic?!?! Oh wait, who are you supporting again? :-) But I agree with any of the other names...

Even worse on Sunday.

He had an absolute stinker. Was the only one who gave service to our players... (ours included) Hands off!!!

Even worse on Sunday.

<b>He had an absolute stinker. Was the only one who gave service to our players... (ours included) Hands off!!!</b>

Me no comprende!