Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest shearer_united

For one thing, Henry is definitely an unrealistic target. No way will he come and why should he.

The realistic targets could be:

Anton Ferdinand - not THAT good, but has some potential

David Bentley - Kind of player we need on field

Elano  - If he comes, though I cant see it happening, he could definitely be the next 'Solano' for us.

Arshavin

YaYa Toure

Richard Dunne

Deco

Huddlestone

Shorey

I like this!

I'd rather have bridge than Shorey but the rest is good, and quite realistic.

I'd also add Bentley to the list.

Leave Wes Brown alone. He's not good enough

YaYa Toure realistic??

Hudd is very happy and Ramos rates him highly now that he's light enough to move about a bit.  Don't imagine he will be on the move anytime soon.

YaYa Toure is realistic as Barcelona are having a poor season and a change at the top looks likely.

We need a phsical presence in midfield and Toure/Huddlestone are both big lads that can play a bit makes a change from the Munchkins that we have got running around in midfield.

Huddlestone is a very good player who has under performed this season Ramos seems to have sorted him out and he will be a class act in the future.

Whilst Barca are no great shakes this season, YaYa is not doing his personal reputation any harm at all.  Deco I would happily admit is a realistic target but YaYa is no more attainable than Jeremy Menez who someone mentioned as a possible target (imho).  I think the summer will be very interesting if only to see how strong the backroom team of Wise, Vetere and Jimenez are.  A succession of good players should bode really well for you in the future.  If they struggle to produce premiership quality players, as some are suggesting, then maybe their contacts aren't as good as has been suggested. 

Personally, I think it will be somewhere in the middle, nearer to the first option than the second.

oscar swarfega (diego's younger brother) should be available in the summer. his conratct with FC cilit is apparently down the toilet

You've got to stop banging on about this.If you don't many will just wash their hands of you.

It's Yaya not 'YaYa' and we've got no chance of getting him any time soon even if he isn't playing in every game for Barca.

Sorry for that!!

Yaya is also Greek for Grandmother!!

Guest RodrigoPalacio

For one thing, Henry is definitely an unrealistic target. No way will he come and why should he.

The realistic targets could be:

Anton Ferdinand - not THAT good, but has some potential

GTFO  :idiot2:

The kids fucking awful.

Given that little old Sunderland's backers have wiped off their debt, and spent over £40 million on transfers; is it too much to expect at least £80 million on transfer fees in the summer, when you consider our net spend this season?

All good players with troublesome injury records.

I thought Keegan would look for a new left back as Enrique doesn't get forward enough, Brown is better than Taylor and Cacapa and Ashton would be a massive step up on Smith, keeping them fit could be the hard bit.

If we are being realistic;

Julio Arca (3.5m)- Very talented footballer, leadership qualities and versitile

Wes Brown (0m)- Intelligent defender, seems to have got over his injury problems

Deco (14m)- Class

Bentley (15m)- No brainer

Ashton (9m)- Another potential injury prone player but very good and adds a new dimention.

Team;

Given

Beye         Taylor        Brown       Arca

Faye

Deco

Bentley                                   N'Zogbia

Martins

Ashton

Big question mark on whether someone like Deco would be realistic but we MUST keep our standard very high for a creative midfield player. Players such as Diego, VDV and Gudjohnsen would also be prefferable. Crouch, Carrick, Shorey etc should all be sounded out too.

What about Pepe from Real Madrid, he looks quite impressive.

Why on earth do people keep linking us with the likes of Toure, Pepe, Diego, van der Vaart, Carrick etc?

The way we are playing we'll be lucky to remain in this division come next season, never mind attracting the likes of class players from much, much bigger and better clubs none of whom would need or want to sell the likes of the aforementioned (from this page alone) and others.

What about Pepe from Real Madrid, he looks quite impressive.

Why on earth do people keep linking us with the likes of Toure, Pepe, Diego, van der Vaart, Carrick etc?

The way we are playing we'll be lucky to remain in this division come next season, never mind attracting the likes of class players from much, much bigger and better clubs none of whom would need or want to sell the likes of the aforementioned (from this page alone) and others.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50015.msg1203737#msg1203737

:thup:

Van der Vaart and Diego I'd love, of course, but both will be sold for a lot of money to European clubs who can win trophies, not a demoralised club fighting relegation.

Hamburg and Bremen are currently 5th and 2nd in the Bundesliga and not in any real financial danger. They're better than us at the moment (though Hamburg are about to lose their manager), and it would be a step back for the likes of Diego and van der Vaart to come to us.