Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Personally i'd rather see us buy young up-and-coming players for backup positions. IMO fringe players should not be footballers of a slightly poorer standard than our first teamers. They should be less experienced players who are learning their trade with a view to making the first team place their own in time, ala. Arsenal. Example - Clichy was understudy to Ashley Cole for a few seasons, learnt his trade and then stepped into his shoes when he left.

I want to see us signing younger players (19-23) for the first team fringe, not 28 year old ManUre rejects.

Brown is better than Taylor, end of. Taylor is a white Bramble, and if he wasn't a geordie, everyone would have turned on him looooong ago.

Guest Sniffer

Taylor is 21 playing behind  a shite midfield with a pair of useless fullbacks in carr and N'zogbia in addition to forwards who can't hold a ball up to save their lives. I'd say he's on a hiding to nothing at the Toon and will probably leave for Liverpool or Spurs in the summer if he has any sense. Not the likes of Fulham or Birminham which should tell you something.

Brown is better than Taylor, end of. Taylor is a white Bramble, and if he wasn't a geordie, everyone would have turned on him looooong ago.

I personally rate Taylor very highly. To compare him to Bramble is just ridiculous. Brown has played 7 (i think) more seasons of Premier League football than Taylor plus several Champions League campaigns, and he's played alongside some world class defenders so it stands to reason that he'd be a better player. But there's not a gulf of difference in their ability and that's what worries me. Taylor's mistakes are generally down to inexperience and over-exhuberance, Brown doesn't have that excuse.

We'll see. One thing I notice about Taylor apologists is that it's never his fault. Even when he's the one making the errors. Which don't seem to be drying up despite him now having 100 senior starts for the club.

:D :D :D

Guest shaun11177

The Balague man says that Barcelona are going to have a clear out of maybe 10 players-there must be a couple we could realistically look at.-Gudjohnson-Deco-Edmilson,would anyone consider Thuram he is 36 but is still a great player.

Wouldnt touch Brown meself like, anyone think Fletcher is worth a punt.

ok Thierry Henry-massive long shot, i just think that Barca are not that convinced by him and if you offered them there money back they might take it. On the other hand persuading Henry to come to Newcastle would be a miracle.

The problem is going to be every player is going to wait and see who we sign before considering commiting themselves, we need a biggish name to set the ball rolling.

The Balague man says that Barcelona are going to have a clear out of maybe 10 players-there must be a couple we could realistically look at.-Gudjohnson-Deco-Edmilson,would anyone consider Thuram he is 36 but is still a great player.

Wouldnt touch Brown meself like, anyone think Fletcher is worth a punt.

ok Thierry Henry-massive long shot, i just think that Barca are not that convinced by him and if you offered them there money back they might take it. On the other hand persuading Henry to come to Newcastle would be a miracle.

The problem is going to be every player is going to wait and see who we sign before considering commiting themselves, we need a biggish name to set the ball rolling.

You haven't mentioned anyone in there who would either come, is a perm-crock or semi-crock or help the aged.

Personally i'd rather see us buy young up-and-coming players for backup positions. IMO fringe players should not be footballers of a slightly poorer standard than our first teamers. They should be less experienced players who are learning their trade with a view to making the first team place their own in time, ala. Arsenal. Example - Clichy was understudy to Ashley Cole for a few seasons, learnt his trade and then stepped into his shoes when he left.

I want to see us signing younger players (19-23) for the first team fringe, not 28 year old ManUre rejects.

I totally agree.

We need some quality players that goes straight in to the team aswell though.

I think we should go for policy of signing young up and coming players instead of going for established stars which we may not be able to attract. Names I would suggest are Jeremy Menez of Monaco and Miguel Veloso of Sporting Lisbon.

Guest jcricthon

I reckon we need to be buying established prem players before we gamble abroad and risk another season while they 'bed in'. I wouldn't mind Saha like. Maybe a bit far fetched though. I'd love Benayoun, Crouch, Kranjcar, Benni McCarthy, Ashton. Maybe Michael Dawson or Silvestre, though I'm uncertain how many prem players of quality we could realistically get.

I think we should go for policy of signing young up and coming players instead of going for established stars which we may not be able to attract. Names I would suggest are Jeremy Menez of Monaco and Miguel Veloso of Sporting Lisbon.

those two would be perfect for RW and Defensive Midfield positions.

Arshavin

YaYa Toure

Richard Dunne

Deco

Huddlestone

Shorey

I like this!

I'd rather have bridge than Shorey but the rest is good, and quite realistic.

I'd also add Bentley to the list.

Leave Wes Brown alone. He's not good enough

YaYa Toure realistic??

Hudd is very happy and Ramos rates him highly now that he's light enough to move about a bit.  Don't imagine he will be on the move anytime soon.

YaYa Toure is realistic as Barcelona are having a poor season and a change at the top looks likely.

We need a phsical presence in midfield and Toure/Huddlestone are both big lads that can play a bit makes a change from the Munchkins that we have got running around in midfield.

Huddlestone is a very good player who has under performed this season Ramos seems to have sorted him out and he will be a class act in the future.

Guest kevarmy

I reckon we need to be buying established prem players before we gamble abroad and risk another season while they 'bed in'. I wouldn't mind Saha like. Maybe a bit far fetched though. I'd love Benayoun, Crouch, Kranjcar, Benni McCarthy, Ashton. Maybe Michael Dawson or Silvestre, though I'm uncertain how many prem players of quality we could realistically get.

Cant see us getting any of those,why would benayoun come to us

Looks like we agree that KK has problems come summertime.

I don't rate Brown or Huddlestone - certainly not for our team as it stands. We are going to need a target man & at least 1 quality central midfield player as bare minimum. The revolution is going to take time & we need to start accepting this and stop naming players that we simply will not attract.