Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Brown's miles better than Carr. More versatile too. And I don't particularly rate Brown.

Means nowt, but your last sentence does. We've got to get out of the habit of buying players simply because they're better than what we've already got. I wouldn't go anywhere near Brown, personally.

Brown's miles better than Carr. More versatile too. And I don't particularly rate Brown.

It would be the same to hope we'll get Silvestre, because he is arguably more solid than Peter Ramage. And Smithy is also VERSATILE... :-/

Don't you mean volatile ?

:lol:

It would be the same to hope we'll get Silvestre, because he is arguably more solid than Peter Ramage. And Smithy is also VERSATILE... :-/

Supposed to be versatile (when it comes to different positions). I am not even trying to mention his volatility... :-)

Supposed to be versatile (when it comes to different positions). I am not even trying to mention his volatility... :-)

I would say being a versatile player means to be good in different positions in a variety of formations, I can't think of a position or formation where Smith has been any good.

:D

So people wouldn't take Wes Brown on a free as a back up to Beye?! Jesus Wept, who were you thinking of getting as cover? Steve Finnan?

I'd rather we kept Taylor as cover in general. He can play at right-back just as well as Wes Brown. I wouldn't want Wes Brown in our starting line-up. I think he's dogshit.

I would say being a versatile player means to be good in different positions in a variety of formations, I can't think of a position or formation where Smith has been any good.

:D

I am with you... :-)

So people wouldn't take Wes Brown on a free as a back up to Beye?! Jesus Wept, who were you thinking of getting as cover? Steve Finnan?

I'd rather we kept Taylor as cover in general. He can play at right-back just as well as Wes Brown. I wouldn't want Wes Brown in our starting line-up. I think he's dogshit.

Clap clap clap

Thing is, he wouldn't be cover. He's too high profile and would command too high a wage just to be cover. He'd be in and out of the team and would be one of those typical signings that would disrupt continuity. And he's wank. Really wouldn't want Wes Brown at the club personally.

Clap clap clap

I suggest you don't bring your personal problems into the forum.

Clap clap clap

I suggest you don't bring your personal problems into the forum.

Eh?

Taylor is nowhere near as good as Brown at right back, not even close.

I've seen absolutely nowt to suggest that. They're pretty much on par from what i've seen, for one thing neither of them can cross a ball. I'd argue that Taylor's better going forward though. I've seen Brown at right-back plenty times, against some pretty rubbish international outfits, namely the likes of Estonia, Israel, Switzerland, and he's been poor.

Arshavin

YaYa Toure

Richard Dunne

Deco

Huddlestone

Shorey

I like this!

I'd rather have bridge than Shorey but the rest is good, and quite realistic.

I'd also add Bentley to the list.

Leave Wes Brown alone. He's not good enough

YaYa Toure realistic??

Hudd is very happy and Ramos rates him highly now that he's light enough to move about a bit.  Don't imagine he will be on the move anytime soon.

Perhaps you should watch us more then because when Taylor has played at fullback he's all over the place, he hasn't got a clue how to hold his position and his distribution is terrible, Wes Brown is easily a better fullback, I can't honestly believe people are debating this.

Perhaps you should watch us more then because when Taylor has played at fullback he's all over the place, he hasn't got a clue how to hold his position and his distribution is terrible, Wes Brown is easily a better fullback, I can't honestly believe people are debating this.

Probably because people have seen Wes Brown at right-back plenty times for England, and he's been utter shite plenty times for England. Taylor's distribution terrible? Watch the Switzerland game again, it makes Taylor look good. Taylor's isn't particularly good but atleast he will actually keep possession with short passes.

I don't rate either of them particularly highly. I just thin Brown is rubbish and it's pointless bringing such players in, just because they're better than what we've already got.  And as has been said, he wouldn't be cover, he'd be in and out the team and upsetting the balance and consistency that we're desperate for. And i would not want Brown in our first team.

If we're bringing in cover for right-back, i'd rather they be another youngster a la Kadar, Tozer, whoever.

Luckily for me I've seen enough of both Brown and Taylor to not have to pass judgement by watching one game against Switzerland, the same way I wouldn't say watch the Croatia game to see that Bridge is shit, having seen plenty of Wes Brown and Taylor at right back I can tell you Brown is easily the better fullback, my point about distribution was how Brown can fit into Man Utd's way of playing with call retention in mind and he plays apart in them bringing it out from the back.

Guest optimistic nit

i'll accept that you have a point if you're happy for nicky butt to be one of our backup centre mids next season. i'd also prefer we didn't sign anyone who isn't good enough to compete with what we already have, and brown is not good enough for us. sign a good right back and have him compete with beye for the spot. whats the point of signing someone who we only want to sit on the bench. i know having a big squad is important but it has to be a big squad of quality players, and i have a feeling if we signed wes brown we would have another bramble/carr/butt on our hands.

The more prominent fact here is surely: why would Wes Brown come here to be cover to Beye?

If Brown signed, he'd surely be a first choice centre half. Otherwise why leave Man Utd?

Guest optimistic nit

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Keegan brings Brown in as one of his first choice centre backs. 

well he isn't anywhere close too cacapa or faye, so no thanks.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Keegan brings Brown in as one of his first choice centre backs. 

33 seconds :lol:

He'd certainly fit into the "realistic" bracket. Whether he'd be good enough or not is highly debatable though.

Personally, I'd hope for someone with more authority than him.