Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Wonder if Anelka would leave chelsea

i know he has only just signed but he isnt getting games and when he plays he plays on the wing

Na Drogba will be gone next season and Grant will turn to Anelka. Otherwise i would have loved him here.

Saha would be a better shout!

Saha would be a great signing but he has one of the worst injury records in football

Wonder if Anelka would leave chelsea

i know he has only just signed but he isnt getting games and when he plays he plays on the wing

Na Drogba will be gone next season and Grant will turn to Anelka. Otherwise i would have loved him here.

Saha would be a better shout!

Saha would be a great signing but he has one of the worst injury records in football

Exactly, he's another one who would fit our system and is good for a goal.

Although admittedly i've not seen him play i like the idea of Gomis.

Strong, athletic, young, with people in football labelling big things for him, calling him the next Drogba.

In fact if you think about it, i doubt Drogba was making these kind of waves at Gomis' age.

Like i say, the idea i like, but i've no real clue about the player, but if KK signs him for around £10m then i reckon he'll be just what we need.

Strong, athletic, young, with people in football labelling big things for him, calling him the next Drogba.

In fact if you think about it, i doubt Drogba was making these kind of waves at Gomis' age.

Like i say, the idea i like, but i've no real clue about the player, but if KK signs him for around £10m then i reckon he'll be just what we need.

would rather take a gamble on him than on Fabiano

would rather take a gamble on him than on Fabiano

Same here. Fabiano is having a great season, his 1st at top flight. Beattie written all over him for me, no thanks.

He'll go to Madrid who'll pay twice as much as he's worth only to not get selected and leave for half the price.

Rene Adler (Bayer Leverkusen) GK          £4M

Yuri Zhirkov (CSKA) MF                              £6M really good player, creative, scores goals but goes missing in big games :)

Jo (CSKA) FW                                            £6M i dont really like most of the recent brasilian forwards but this guy looks class

Arda Turan (Galatasaray) L/R M                £3M his not really fast, but his got amazing dribbling and has good passing and likes to cut in.

Kostas Katsouranis (Benfica) DM              £4M seen him in his NT matches looks like a tidy player.. no where near as good as

Lucho Gonzalez but is much better then what newcastle has to offer :p

The prices are guesses to how much i think these players will go for..but i really doubt newcastle will sign them :p

Would love Mario Gomez (Stuttgart), Ibrahim Afellay (PSV), Cristian Zapata and Felipe from Udinese to sign but that is too unrealistic...

Adler

Beye  Faye Taylor Enrique

Katsouranis

Turan                  Zog

Zhirkov

Jo    Owen   

You want to know what really puts me off Fabiano?

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/Kimbo_XVIII/th_4756212_gimpfight.gif

Should I call you Logan,

Weapon X?

No, Wolverine!

Snicky, snicky, snoine.

His comment about bringing in 4 players is on top of what he's already got IMO, an extra 4 players to make the squad bigger.

No top of that you will have players leaving, he hasn't said that as yet because he doesn't want anyone to stop showing effort but you can bet a few will leave, I can't see Carr and Ramage getting new contracts nor can I see Shola and Roz coming back, N'Zog wants out and Duff, Smith and maybe Milner will leave because of lack of first team football.

So that's 10-12 players coming in, some big money and others that are not house hold names.

I think Drogba was playing in the lower leagues until he was about 24-26.

His strike rate for Le Mans was awful compared to these days. Shows just how much he's improved as a player.

Guest teabag

His strike rate for Le Mans was awful compared to these days. Shows just how much he's improved as a player.

drogbas overrated. one lucky season when he scored lots of goals, imo anelkas a better player than him

drogbas overrated. one lucky season when he scored lots of goals, imo anelkas a better player than him

What's the quickcode for "jesus wept"?

Guest teabag

hes still a good player. all im saying is hes no where near the best player in the world as some people make out. he was rubbish at the african nations which is a really poor standard of football and he more bothered about diving than playin football

What is clear is that we need a strong target man. Viduka has almost no mobility yet he has made a huge difference when he has played (& been interested). He has given a focal point up front which has allowed KK to make the changes he has to the system. In the event that we go 442 we will still need a player of his type.

It is almost unbelievable that we are still searching for the type of player that could play a Shearer type role & one that wasn't passed it (Viduka). Kluivert was never going to be the answer. What the fuck were Souness, Roeder & BS playing at? For me this in the main priority albeit we have a few weaknesses elsewhere.

hes still a good player. all im saying is hes no where near the best player in the world as some people make out. he was rubbish at the african nations which is a really poor standard of football and he more bothered about diving than playin football

I don't think anyone (other than himself maybe) have ever claimed he's the best player in the world.

He's got a 1 in 2 strikerate for every club he's played for since Le Mans, and a better strike rate for his country. He's having a quiet season, and it looks like Mourinho leaving has had an effect on him, but as he showed against Arsenal, he's still one of the top strikers in this league.