Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Goal.com wrote:

AC Milan veteran Paolo Maldini has revealed he's mulling over whether to join English outfit Newcastle United in the summer after the Magpies made him an offer.

The 39-year-old defender has spent his entire career with the Rossoneri, but having said he would retire at the end of this season appears to be having second thoughts.

Wholesale changes are expected at Milan over the summer, however, with last weekend's 2-1 home defeat to Atalanta the final straw, and Maldini has been told he won't be appearing for the club next season no matter who the coach is.

Milan want to move towards more youthful players and it appears Maldini is willing to abandon his status as a one-club man in order to keep playing for another season.

Reports surfaced on Monday that Newcastle United had made the five-time European Cup winner an offer for next season, with boss Kevin Keegan feeling Maldini's experience could help sure up things in the Magpies' defence.

"It's true that Newcastle have been in touch," confirmed Maldini yesterday. "It's certainly an interesting offer and one I won't rule out just yet.

"My only regret in my career is that I've never had the chance to play abroad and this would be a terrific opportunity to play in the Premier League for a massive club," added the defender, who admits to being extremely impressed by Newcastle's run in last season's Intertoto Cup.

Can't believe we would be interested, apology's if has been posted before.

Goal.com wrote:

AC Milan veteran Paolo Maldini has revealed he's mulling over whether to join English outfit Newcastle United in the summer after the Magpies made him an offer.

The 39-year-old defender has spent his entire career with the Rossoneri, but having said he would retire at the end of this season appears to be having second thoughts.

Wholesale changes are expected at Milan over the summer, however, with last weekend's 2-1 home defeat to Atalanta the final straw, and Maldini has been told he won't be appearing for the club next season no matter who the coach is.

Milan want to move towards more youthful players and it appears Maldini is willing to abandon his status as a one-club man in order to keep playing for another season.

Reports surfaced on Monday that Newcastle United had made the five-time European Cup winner an offer for next season, with boss Kevin Keegan feeling Maldini's experience could help sure up things in the Magpies' defence.

"It's true that Newcastle have been in touch," confirmed Maldini yesterday. "It's certainly an interesting offer and one I won't rule out just yet.

"My only regret in my career is that I've never had the chance to play abroad and this would be a terrific opportunity to play in the Premier League for a massive club," added the defender, who admits to being extremely impressed by Newcastle's run in last season's Intertoto Cup.

Can't believe we would be interested, apology's if has been posted before.

Is that an actual article and not an april fool's joke?  ???

(awaits the whooosh)

Can of worms but.........................

Bellamy would be the sort of signing who would fit in well to the way we are playing at the moment.

*Tin hat firmly in place*

I'd like to see Bellamy back here, could do very very well in a Keegan team.

Can of worms but.........................

Bellamy would be the sort of signing who would fit in well to the way we are playing at the moment.

*Tin hat firmly in place*

I'd like to see Bellamy back here, could do very very well in a Keegan team.

Injury-ridden and past his best. I'm afraid he would be another Damien Duff.

Depends on how we intend to play.

Bentley is class and would be a great signing but he's a right winger, so wouldn't fit into a 433 system.

Shaun Wright Phillips would be more likely and a cracking addition.

I think SWP is very realistic given his relationship with Keegan.

and the fact he's a bit part player at Chelsea.

Think it would do him the world of good to play for us.

37 games for Chelsea this season.

27 starts.

To Frank Lampards 29 games.

Back in the frame with Grant, can't see him leaving now he's finally getting games.

Porto not got any players worth signing?

If they get relegated they might need to sell.

Porto only need one more win to win their league

Match fixing?

Porto not got any players worth signing?

If they get relegated they might need to sell.

Match fixing?

Porto only need one more win to win their league

Really i thought that was PSV?

SSN's reporting Porto

Sidwell is the kind of player I would have said no to after his stint at Chelsea, but with what Keegan has done with our lot, anything is possible.

I think Sidwell is young enough to overcome this setback and return to the form he showed at Reading.

Keegan could help mould him into a replacement for Nicky Butt. He has got a good engine and at Reading showed a very good range of passing.

Wonder if Anelka would leave chelsea

i know he has only just signed but he isnt getting games and when he plays he plays on the wing

Na Drogba will be gone next season and Grant will turn to Anelka. Otherwise i would have loved him here.

Saha would be a better shout!