Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Deco pace?  ???

I doubt we could get Nani on loan, i expect him to be making a bigger impact at Manu next season, its going to plan, him and Anderson.

Bentley i think is a possibility, why not?

Arshavin & Barnes should of been bought in the winter window, lets hope we go for them next window, and Dunne's release clause would be great to trigger, £1.5m? Citeh must be shitting themselves.

Because he's not smacked off his tits, probably. We're worse than the likes of Boro at the moment, we're not in Europe, we've got no history of success, he's young and very talented and English, got a massive future if he plays his cards right (Beckham's replacement ffs!?), he's got a highly-rated English right-winger already here which would be unwanted competition*, and if the top four or a big club from abroad don't come in for him now - he'll wait at Blackburn another season, who are a decent side with a decent manager.

Let's face it, Bentley would be mad to come here. He's not realistic at all imo.

*Milner is highly-rated, maybe not by us, but on the whole.

That's all your opinion and not Bentley's by any means. You don't know what he's thinking, he might decide, and rightly so, that Newcastle next season would be a good move with KK being backed in the transfer market.

Blackburn are a decent team with shite fans, he might decide a nice wage and a proper supported club is what he wants. He might not, but to say no for certain is a bit premature, besides, why would the top four go for him? I doubt Arsenal will go and pay £13m+ for a player they sold for peanuts, Chelsea have SWP who's back in form, Manu simply have too many mids already and Liverpool are in turmoil in terms of manager and playing squad.

Spuds have Lennon.

So we don't look too bad a proposition imo, considering he's got no appeal on the continent.

how is Bentley unrealistic? if we put in a big enough bid he'd jump at the chance imo.

Why? ???

he plays for blackburn and this is a far, far bigger club with more potential and the ability to offer bigger wages. where we are in the table this season isn't that relevant. not to say we'd get him, but if we were the only side in for him i couldn't see him turning us down.

yeah yeah just like Owen wouldn't come here blah blah blah yada yada yada

Bentley is more than a realistic target. We have to at least try, I'd be pissed off if KK had Yorkie-Geordie's attitude.

So would I considering Yorkie Geordie is like 16.

Deco pace?  ???

I doubt we could get Nani on loan, i expect him to be making a bigger impact at Manu next season, its going to plan, him and Anderson.

Bentley i think is a possibility, why not?

Arshavin & Barnes should of been bought in the winter window, lets hope we go for them next window, and Dunne's release clause would be great to trigger, £1.5m? Citeh must be shitting themselves.

Because he's not smacked off his tits, probably. We're worse than the likes of Boro at the moment, we're not in Europe, we've got no history of success, he's young and very talented and English, got a massive future if he plays his cards right (Beckham's replacement ffs!?), he's got a highly-rated English right-winger already here which would be unwanted competition*, and if the top four or a big club from abroad don't come in for him now - he'll wait at Blackburn another season, who are a decent side with a decent manager.

Let's face it, Bentley would be mad to come here. He's not realistic at all imo.

*Milner is highly-rated, maybe not by us, but on the whole.

That's all your opinion and not Bentley's by any means. You don't know what he's thinking, he might decide, and rightly so, that Newcastle next season would be a good move with KK being backed in the transfer market. [/]b]

Blackburn are a decent team with shite fans, he might decide a nice wage and a proper supported club is what he wants. He might not, but to say no for certain is a bit premature, besides, why would the top four go for him? I doubt Arsenal will go and pay £13m+ for a player they sold for peanuts, Chelsea have SWP who's back in form, Manu simply have too many mids already and Liverpool are in turmoil in terms of manager and playing squad.

Spuds have Lennon.

So we don't look too bad a proposition imo, considering he's got no appeal on the continent.

Erm, YOU don't know what Bentley is thinking, either. And Keegan hasn't set the world on fire for a good long time now, Hughes looks t be a better manager at the moment*.

* Please note, it is now 2008, not 1996.

how is Bentley unrealistic? if we put in a big enough bid he'd jump at the chance imo.

Why? ???

he plays for blackburn and this is a far, far bigger club with more potential and the ability to offer bigger wages. where we are in the table this season isn't that relevant. not to say we'd get him, but if we were the only side in for him i couldn't see him turning us down.

They're a smaller team than us, certainly - we are an average sized club, they are not. More potential? More money, certainly, but lets not pretend we are anywhere fuckng nearrealising our "potential". Some fools thought Bramble, Dire, Shola et al had "potential" - but it didn't stop them being of very little value to us.

Why? ???

They're a smaller team than us, certainly - we are an average sized club, they are not. More potential? More money, certainly, but lets not pretend we are anywhere fuckng nearrealising our "potential". Some fools thought Bramble, Dire, Shola et al had "potential" - but it didn't stop them being of very little value to us.

But with a new, well established manager at the helm in the form of Keegan, there is arguably alot of promise for next season's campaign and I'm sure players such as Bentley could be swayed because of this.

Why? ???

But with a new, well established manager at the helm in the form of Keegan, there is arguably alot of promise for next season's campaign and I'm sure players such as Bentley could be swayed because of this.

Are you? You think they'd take a backwards step in the hope that a manager (for whom they have no particularly positive feelings that we are aware of, and who has poven to be a pretty medicore manager since a brief moment of apparent genius at NUFC over a decade ago) will turn around a club that has not done anything for a long? Keegan is not well-established manager in the sense of being a great manager, so why woud a player like Bentley want to coem here, other than money? And if we accept that signing for the money is perfectly reasonable, i hope that we have the honesty to accept also that these players may well have more genuine feeling for their country than their club - because if we acccept the former and not the latter, we will be bigger cunts than Gasuso.

The Sevilla guy is Diego Capel, amazing this year and young

We should not be signing any more Spaniards.

Aye, that Arteta would be shit too.

We won't be getting Arteta

Just saying it's ridiculous to write off an entire nationality due to one or two flops. As NM points out, start doing that and we'll end up with nobody.

So he's the only spanish player who isnt shit?

Straw man argument O0

No, but they don't seem to exactly settle in here do they.  Arteta was used as a completely pointless example.

Just saying it's ridiculous to write off an entire nationality due to one or two flops. As NM points out, start doing that and we'll end up with nobody.

I'd be quite happy if we never signed another Spaniard again.

Aye, that Arteta would be s*** too.

even fabregas?

Aye, that Arteta would be s*** too.

even fabregas?

Yes lets spunk £60m on one player.

So he's the only spanish player who isnt shit?

Straw man argument O0

No, but they don't seem to exactly settle in here do they.  Arteta was used as a completely pointless example.

He joined a club that many NUFC fans (incorrectly) see as being beneath us. And is ace.

How many Spanish players have we had here who've done bad? Out of how many Spanish pro footballers? Personally, I like our odds of finding a decent one (assuming we tell Willie McKay we've moved house, and don't give him a forwarding address).

As an extension of your argument, we wouldn't have signed Abdoulaye Faye or Beye, after our experience with Amady "Absolutely Cosksuckingly Awful" Faye.