Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I noticed we've been linked to Darren Bent again, for 10m.

Now, he's been a flop at Spurs, but what are peoples opinions on him for that price?

He'd be better for us than Viduka and £10 million is a fair price.

Bent: good player with something to prove, scored goals everywhere he has been so no reason why he wouldn't score he on a regular basis. Equally as comfortable up top on his own (Charlton) or in a front two. Wouldn't pay more than £9-10m though

Guest Baxter

I like Barry but I can't really see him getting a game for Liverpool. Not in his best position, i.e. CM.

But if they' re looking to push on next year that' s exactly the kind of signing they need to make. More depth in midfield and defence and a second goalscoring striker

Darren Bent still has a lot to prove, like whether he can cut it in big games, but he's exactly the type of player we should be looking for. Good in the air and plenty of mobility. If not him, we need someone in that mould.

I like Barry but I can't really see him getting a game for Liverpool. Not in his best position, i.e. CM.

Seems a strange move to me, unless Gerrard actually does go to Chelsea.

Barry will be to add depth/replace Alonso if he leaves

Why would they sell Alonso though, and why would Barry go to a club which didn't guarantee first team football?

Why would they sell Alonso though, and why would Barry go to a club which didn't guarantee first team football?

To be honest though, Barry's at the stage of his career where he's played regular football for 10 years in the Premiership, and might settle for a place in a bigger squad if it meant bigger wages, more trophies, and Champions League football. It's not like Sidwell, SWP, etc. who I think went their far too early. He's at the stage in his career where he might feel a big club would be the right move.

No idea why Barry would want to leave Villa right now. Always played for them, club captain, playing every week, playing for England, and Villa are on the up. Why move?

First team football at Liverpool would be a step up for him. Unlikely to reach Champs League with Villa unless they have an audacious spending spree in the summer

No idea why Barry would want to leave Villa right now. Always played for them, club captain, playing every week, playing for England, and Villa are on the up. Why move?

Probably not going to get another chance in his career to move to a top 4 club, something he could regret later in his career if he didn't do it.

If Barry goes to liverpool it means one of two things regarding their starting line up. Either he is a replacement for Alonso or he is to be used on the left.

Mascherano

Barry

RM                                                  Babel

Gerrard

Torres

Mascherano

Gerrard

RM                                              Barry

ST

Torres