Reserves draw 0 - 0 on Liverpool TV

Dave

It's been a long time since I have watched a Newcastle game and been so relaxed about it. Simply just enjoying the football being played tonight. No concerns about the manager, the chairman, the fans, the idiot pundits, the press, the crap football, Alan Smith, etc.

Pretty depressing  :weep:

I really hope we stay up and get things right this summer.

forster looks very sharp, stood tall, made a couple of fine saves. Kadar, Tozer and Edgar look pretty good too, Kadar is good bringing the ball out of defence and picking a pass.

troisi, godsmark, marwood all skilful and fairly quick, but dont seem confident enough to take a chance and go on runs.

ngo baheng looks like a typical allardyce player, big and strong but not imposed himself or shown pace. donaldson not had a look in at all. not keeping possession in and around their box enough, and not really created any definite openings whereas liverpool who might have had less of the ball are doing much more with it and breaking to good effect.

Full time 0-0.

Considering they're top of the reserve league by some margin I thought we competed quite well. Impressed with Forster, Kadar, Edgar and Tozer, and how we defended generally, albeit in a last-gasp-stylee most of the time.

Sadly it's the same problem as the first team - not much at all going on in midfield or up front. Liverpool were far more dangerous than us with the ball.

A relatively entertaining watch too iyam; seen much less interesting Premier League games.

I actually thought Ngo Baheng looked tidy and intelligent whenever he got the ball at his feet, but the attacking support around him wasn't that great. I thought Ngo baheng was supposed to be 6 foot 2 or something? Only looks about 5 foot 10 or 6 foot at the most though.

Kadar looks like he could step into our first team at left back straight away and Edgar looks like a real leader and has a ton of composure.

I really enjoyed watching that, probably the most entertaining Newcastle game this season.

Full time 0-0.

Considering they're top of the reserve league by some margin I thought we competed quite well. Impressed with Forster, Kadar, Edgar and Tozer, and how we defended generally, albeit in a last-gasp-stylee most of the time.

Sadly it's the same problem as the first team - not much at all going on in midfield or up front. Liverpool were far more dangerous than us with the ball.

A relatively entertaining watch too iyam; seen much less interesting Premier League games.

A fair summary.

It was noticeable that whereas Liverpool were pressurising the ball all over the pitch, we tended to funnel back and only start defending in the final third. Whether they were just better players, and our lot didn't dare to commit themselves to challenges, or whether it was a fitness issue, I don't know.

Edgar looked very classy on the ball for a centre back.

was keegan watching?

Commentators mentioned that he was at the game, yes.

He was indeed.

He was at the Man City game as well, along with McDermott. At least he is showing an interest in the reserves unlike Souness when he was here.

Baheng looks like he could be a real gem to me. Great with the ball at his feet, really composed and has definetely got some pace. By no means the finished product but certainly someone who has the skill to break through.

Baheng looks like he could be a real gem to me. Great with the ball at his feet, really composed and has definetely got some pace. By no means the finished product but certainly someone who has the skill to break through.

just wished he'd develop an instinct for when hes in space,seemed to first touch it back whenever he was more than 30yds out no matter how much room he had.

thread title should read either "fraser 0-0 liverpool" or "liverpool hammer newcastle reserves 0-0"

Agree completely. Looks an intelligent player too which always bodes well, especially considering his overall physical attributes.

He could definitely be a bit more forward minded at times, but that is a much easier problem to fix.

Really like the look of him, has a bit of class about him. I disagree completely with someone who said he looked a typical Allardyce player. Didn't agree with that at all.