SBR Interview: football genius speaks

TRon

who said he should have gone when we finished 3rd?

None of us know if it would have been better for him to go earlier or later, I have my ideas on when he should have gone but I could be wrong.

I think we all agree that the timing of the sacking and the manner in which it came about were shocking.

I love the way he thinks about it so simply. Hes not got stats and fitness regimes etc coming out of his arse, he just says get some legs in the team put it on the deck and play. Old school managers so much better than the new types.

He was supposed to have lost discipline in the dressing room when he was unceremoniously sacked. In hindsight, it might have been a rash decision seeing where disciplinarian Souness' reign of error has landed us since. Personally I don't really buy the lack of discipline line as showing loss of control, as Robson was quite clear he was prepared to leave Shearer out of the starting line up that season; a brave statement which might have had more to do with his sacking maybe.

In any case, you can't help marvel at his football intelligence. You could spend years pumping out statistics without getting close to that level of insight.

Guest Erich von Manstein

]“You must give the fans what they want because they are the best in the world in full cry."

This isn't even up for discussion anymore. NUFC have the best fans in the world, Robson has spoken!

just been on a bbc one show.

freddy was interviewed ' i didnt want to sack him, he was my friend, i was reluctant to do it, i felt he deserved more time'.

shearer was very complimentary about him.

the interviewer asked him if he found it hard dealing with new age players, to which he replied ' i loved it, i loved dealing with players, i used to say to them 'ive played for england so ive played against brazil, i know what im talking about, have you played against brazil? well shut your mouth then'

class.

Absolute hero of mine, love hearing him talk.

That quote from Shepherd is ridiculous!

freddy was interviewed ' i didnt want to sack him, he was my friend, i was reluctant to do it, i felt he deserved more time'.

the interviewer asked him if he found it hard dealing with new age players, to which he replied ' i loved it, i loved dealing with players, i used to say to them 'ive played for england so ive played against brazil, i know what im talking about, have you played against brazil? well shut your mouth then'

class.

class.

bluelaugh.gif

amybe it isnt so daft though?

im starting ot believe more and more that he was just a puppet?

For Douglas Hall? Aye, he did reckon we'd be relegated that season the numpty.

if not douglas the hall family.

i reckon freddy just did what he was told half the time, and he was the only one thick enough to put his face to half of the shit

i reckon freddy just did what he was told half the time, and he was the only one thick enough to put his face to half of the shit

I don't think that's Robson's view of events. IIRC it was John Hall who wanted to appoint SBR when Keegan left but was persuaded towards Dalglish by Hall Jr and Fat Fred.

I don't think that's Robson's view of events. IIRC it was John Hall who wanted to appoint SBR when Keegan left but was persuaded towards Dalglish by Hall Jr and Fat Fred.

Wasn't Robson approached but reluctant to leave Barcelona? Or was that later on?

Wasn't Robson approached but reluctant to leave Barcelona? Or was that later on?

No I think you are right. Robson said he was reluctant to break his contract at the time, which was probably true but I think he wanted to prove himself there before quitting as well.

A great man

Still can't believe some of you lot criticise him.

:snod:

Of course any of the Bobby bashers could always discuss their distinguished management careers, you know show us how they did things better.

good grief that means we couldn't criticise any manager or player