Shearer asked to front bid to takeover NUFC

Thespence

Bit worried about why these stories keep coming up time and time again. Don't think we can put it all down to the media wanting to unsettle the club, although obviously they need no encouragement.

I think we can tbh.

Guest Sniffer

Let's see what the opinion is after the summer transfer window closes.

If there is not massive investment and turnover of players in preparation for a realistic tilt at a top six spot at a minimum, then I'd have no problem listening to a takeover bid from a local group.

Aah now I know.  I saw Richard Branson and one of the Dubai sheikh's in the Diamond in Ponteland on Thursday night and I wondered what they were doing here.

It's all obvious now !

That wasn't one of the Dubai Sheikhs, it was Minmar Patel, runs the local tandoori.

Guest Geordie Gaz

NOTW may as well start to print on Andrex, it is only good enough to wipe ya arse on anyway..

Why wipe your arse with something covered in shite already? ???

They have to have their Newcastle story to sell a few papers. That's all it is.

They were obviously in the pub thinking up this latest yarn because I heard a NOTW journalist on Talksport (might have been Andy Dunn - can't remember) this morning at around 8:15 and either he had a ragin hangover or he had been up drinking all night. It was embarassing to listen to.

I thought Shaun Custis was a fan?

Flog It

MIKE ASHLEY has tried to flog Newcastle to the company who want to buy Liverpool.

Toon owner Ashley’s people have approached a third-party financing firm called PCP in a bid to get Dubai Investment Capital to switch targets from Anfield to St James’ Park.

They were told Newcastle was available for £300million but word came back that DIC were not interested.

Despite the knockback it seems clear that Ashley wants out.

The multi-millionaire sportswear mogul bought the club last summer for £130m and took on debts of around £100m.

Ashley hoped bringing back Kevin Keegan as boss would give the club a boost but it has not worked.

His decision to appoint Dennis Wise as scouting director was also attacked.

An unnamed consortium, which is hoping to get Toon legend Alan Shearer as boss, are prepared to pay £250m for the club. But that is £50m below Ashley’s valuation.

A Toon insider told SunSport: “If Ashley is serious about selling there will be plenty of interest — but possibly not at the price.”

DIC are determined to buy Liverpool but Americans George Gillett and Tom Hicks have vowed to keep the club.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00254/a_254875a.jpg

Btw the Telegraph earlier had an article on newsnow saying DIC had approached Ashley about a takeover, an hour later they had edited the article to say Ashley had approached them. :lol:

the papers mock us for us not giving a manager a chance yet its fine fot them to say "Ashley hoped bringing back Kevin Keegan as boss would give the club a boost but it has not worked"  are these people that clueless that they expected us to be beating in form sides like Arsenal and Villa the minute Keegan walked through the door.

Guest wuthering ballsack

Hope we're not getting DIC'd on here like.

I know we're know as knee-jerk tastic....but surely Ashley wouldn't decide, 5 games down the line, 'oh well I can't be arsed with this'.

Guest Mcdonald36

Someone wake me up when this is all over. We're a joke. So now Ashley wants to sell?

What was the Keegan appointment all about then? A gimmick?

We continue to be run by incompetent twats.

Nobody had a clue what was going on when Ashley bought out Sir John until everything was done, why would it be any different if he was selling the club?

Somebody in the press prints a story and the rest follow so they don't appear to miss out if it comes true.

In a couple of days a newspaper will probably tell us that Ashley sleeps in Mackem Pyjamas and that Mort has a picture of Gareth Southgate tatooed on his back, while Wise, Veterre and Jiminez hold swinging parties with Roy Keane, Niall Quinn and Nyron Nosworthy, and the board are trying to get us relegated to win a bet.

People like McDonald36 will believe every single word and announce that we've got another board full of incompetent twats.