Edgar unhappy with lack of first-team action - agent

ChrisJbarnes

Lets see who comes in for him in summer, if he's not happy. I bet no-one decent, because he's nothing to write home about, is he really? Pissed off about lack of first team football? Fuck off then.

Would you prefer it if our young players were just happy to pick up their wage packet and didn't want to be playing first team football?

Ciao.  If your not prepared to fucking wait then fuck off.  He may be a good player with a few games under his belt, but theres no need to whinge about the situation.  Does he seriously think he's merited a place in our first team at all this season?  Theres not once when I've thought "Oh, why's he in the team, should have played Edgar instead."

Sit down, shut up.

He'd have done a better job in our side than Carr and Rozenhal, would have even done a better job at left back than N'Zogbia.

Yes, because N'Zogbia doesn't play Left Back for the French 21s does he?

He does deserve a chance though, but he can't expect it straight away.

He has to work for it, which to his credit, he has been.

i don't see whats wrong,for him it would be beneficial to go on loan and get some first team games but unfortunatly the club needs the numbers.

wouldn't be surpised if he went on a season long loan next season and we get the benefit later.

Lets see who comes in for him in summer, if he's not happy. I bet no-one decent, because he's nothing to write home about, is he really? Pissed off about lack of first team football? Fuck off then.

Would you prefer it if our young players were just happy to pick up their wage packet and didn't want to be playing first team football?

I'd prefer it if they didn't have their agents making their feelings known to the press.

Guest toonlass

I have seen Edgar playing for the reserves and he is better than Carr, without a doubt. The lad is ambitious he wants to play football. Allowing his agent to make statements like this is probably not the best, when fans are going to turn on him like some have on here, but the lad must be frustrated when he sees the shite that is ahead of him. I say give him a start on Saturday at LB.

I'd be a tad peeved if I was a good young defender and saw us shipping goals galore and getting beaten every week and I wasn't even really being considered. It's the same thing with Andy Carroll, he must be thinking if Smith gets picked week in week out despite contributing nothing, what do I have to do?

Think youngsters can always be a good option as they are an unknown quantity, fight and are hungry, unlike most of our first team players. Would give Edgar a go at left-back/centre-back in place of Cacapa for one or two games, just to see how he does.

He should be ambitious and want to get into the 1st team but this is the wrong way to go about it imo. Plus, the new manager has been here 5 minutes and is probably still weighing up his options. Either way, it smacks of Billy Big Bollocks from a player who has barely played for the first team and is a Canada U20 international (i.e. not even good enough for their senior side at present).

Guest toonlass

noone has "turned on him".  He is not getting picked because the trainers know a hell of a lot more than you do.   :clap:

I never said I knew more than the trainers who pick the team, but I am entitled to an opinion, and seeing that I have seen him play in the reserves mine is based on information and fact rather than blind loyalty.

Guest johnson293

I don't know what's so great about him ?

He's played about 2 or 3 times ever in the first team and people are wanting him in the starting line up against one of the best teams in the world....

His last appearance for the first team (i think)....last season, against Man Utd at St James' Park, and he scored.

Edgar's agent, Barry McLean, confirmed that the Canadian Under-20 skipper had been a target for a few Championship clubs, including City.

He said: "Ipswich, Norwich and Plymouth have all inquired about him, but Newcastle have not been willing to let him go in January because of the fact there were players away at the African Cup of Nations.

"David's heart is with Newcastle United, but he is frustrated by a lack of first-team football, and that is a problem. He would be better off playing regularly in the first team on loan somewhere.

"He also knows numbers are low at Newcastle and that he could get a chance there soon, but there is only so much you can learn playing in the reserves week after week.

"He is not agitating for a move, he just wants to know where he stands."

The Pink'un

Not sure if the initial bit has been mentioned already, but apparently if any Championship sides do want him then they'll move on Friday - which would mean Edgar would be eligible for any potential Playoff Final.

Edgar's agent, Barry McLean, confirmed that the Canadian Under-20 skipper had been a target for a few Championship clubs, including City.

He said: "Ipswich, Norwich and Plymouth have all inquired about him, but Newcastle have not been willing to let him go in January because of the fact there were players away at the African Cup of Nations.

"David's heart is with Newcastle United, but he is frustrated by a lack of first-team football, and that is a problem. He would be better off playing regularly in the first team on loan somewhere.

"He also knows numbers are low at Newcastle and that he could get a chance there soon, but there is only so much you can learn playing in the reserves week after week.

"He is not agitating for a move, he just wants to know where he stands."

The Pink'un

Not sure if the initial bit has been mentioned already, but apparently if any Championship sides do want him then they'll move on Friday - which would mean Edgar would be eligible for any potential Playoff Final.

Decent player, lightyears ahead of Carr, needs a Championship loan move to gain experience, NUFC should grant that to him, stop fuking him about with maybes and mights, the lads career is stalling as we yet again don't know how to handle young talent.

As Dr Spectrum pointed out earlier in this thread, it's kinda depressing that we've not really given any of the youngsters a real go this year. Especially considering how much the seniors are underperforming.

Well I agree that Carr needs to go just that I don't know if Edgar is any better

That's really it for me.

We know he's shite, and we haven't got a good measure of Edgar, so lets, in the fuking write off season give him a chance, he could be a useful squad player next term, i though he was ok when he played under GR, certainly nothing worse than Carr who for me is a liability, Edgar could be also, but at least he's got a bona fide reason why...his age & experience.

As Dr Spectrum pointed out earlier in this thread, it's kinda depressing that we've not really given any of the youngsters a real go this year. Especially considering how much the seniors are underperforming.

Its disgusting how we don't know how to handle our youth properly.

Who in their right mind would want to come and stake their young career at this shithole? Its a joke.

If you had a local choice you'd want to get into Boro's academy, Newcastle's would be last on the list out of the top North East clubs.

Obviously I'm not saying they'd be the answer to all our problems, and I can understand why Keegan will want experience in there right now for a relegation battle, but it just seems daft to persevere with players we know aren't good enough, and not giving players who at least have potential a fair crack.

That's a long sentence.