The Champions League

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got a horrible felling deep down it will be Liverpool.

Beat me to it. I just see them spawning it all the way.

Can't see anyone beating them in Europe tbh.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Barcelona have been poor all season. Rijkaard has been an absolute tool. They will have to pull something special ie (Messi) out the bag to beat man utd.

I got a feeling Chelsea will sneak through, being at home in the 2nd leg. Like FA Cup last year, think they might sneak past United again. Really hope they don't win it though, arrogance would be even greater.

Its Liverpools.

As we have found over the last couple of weeks, confidence is everything and the CL gives Liverpool something that no other team seems to get. I cant explain it but it just changes them. I think its because their fans are so confident about it all, it filters down onto the pitch.

Barcelona have been poor all season. Rijkaard has been an absolute tool. They will have to pull something special ie (Messi) out the bag to beat man utd.

Not really.  Barcelona have much more match winners than Man Utd. 

I think it will be decided on away goals, though.

Not really.  Barcelona have much more match winners than Man Utd

Not really, tbh.

I said it earlier this season but I'll say it again; they're stronger than they were a year ago, stronger than they were when they won it, and they're absolutely unbeatable in the knockout stages - they're the favourites. Been there done that sorta thing. Maybe they don't match up individually with the likes of Man Utd or Barca, but as a team, in this competition, they're awesome.

I said this after they beat Marseilles 4-0 (I think). Liverpool are the favourites for it imo.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Not really.  Barcelona have much more match winners than Man Utd. 

Barcelona have essentially this season become a far superior version of us. A dodgy keeper, losing leads, no defensive stability and having to rely on their strikeforce to pull them through.

As for match winners, Barca have Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Deco, Henry (sometimes), Eto'o. Bojan is too young and inconsistent and Ronnaldinho will be injured.

Man utd have Ronaldo, Anderson, Rooney, Tevez, Nani, Giggs, Scholes and maybe Carrick. The defensive stability of Man utd can't be discounted either.

Obviously, all these players won't be on the pitch at the same time. The attacking players are very evenly matched; Ronaldo vs. Messi, Scholes vs. Iniesta, Rooney vs. Henry. But imo, it will be man utd's superior defence that gets them through.

I said it earlier this season but I'll say it again; they're stronger than they were a year ago, stronger than they were when they won it, and they're absolutely unbeatable in the knockout stages - they're the favourites. Been there done that sorta thing. Maybe they don't match up individually with the likes of Man Utd or Barca, but as a team, in this competition, they're awesome.

I said this after they beat Marseilles 4-0 (I think). Liverpool are the favourites for it imo.

I don't understand why we weren't one of the top favourites from the very start given our record in the CL. That said, the only team I don't feel confident of beating in the CL is Man Utd.

They've already got one foot in the final, as far as I'm concerned. Barca have been in awful form pretty much all season, and looked very average against a journeyman Schalke side. Man Utd. will tear them to pieces unless there's a sudden, massive injury crisis.

I feel a lot more confident this year facing Chelsea with Grant in charge of them and Torres in our side, but this time the second leg is away, which is not so good.

Go ta feeling it'll end up just like last year. 3 English clubs one, one non and it's the one non English club that wins it.

It seems in recent years it's been the norm that the champions are not necessarily the best team in Europe. The only instance I can recall recently of the best team in Eope winning it was when Barca last won.