Obafemi Martins

Wullie

For all I think he's the most dangerous striker in our squad I don't believe we've had 100% from Oba this season. If he doesn't do the business tomorrow he can f*** off along with Owen next season.

To be fair to Oba, he's been struggling with this groin/hernia problem for most of this season.

He's also been struggling due to his lack of a brain and the required ability needed to be a top level striker.

This - On the nail....10m wasted.

7 mil less than Owen though. :lol:

That makes it OK then?

You could use that excuse for every single member of our squad.

i can't believe this s***, how have we "wasted" 10m on martins?  he was bought at 22 or something and his goals kept us up in his first season as i recall it

he's suffered with from as the team have diminished down to the bare bones of crap and yet he's still the player we'll get the most money for when sold who remains in the squad - he's got more desire to play for the shirt and the club than most anyone else and is our top scorer this season i think?

"wasted" get a grip

:cheesy:

When did I say it was £10m wasted?

I said that using the fact that he was cheaper than Owen and therefore good business is stupid.

But thanks for making up my opinion for me.

howay man, get a grip - read back to the post you replied to from merlin who said it was wasted, i was replying to the chain where you seemed to concur that it was wasted in post #1368

Guest BooBoo

I wouldnt go as far to say £10million on Oba was a waste, but he was heavily overpriced, and we'll be lucky to get £7million when he buggers off this summer.

Guest BooBoo

For all I think he's the most dangerous striker in our squad I don't believe we've had 100% from Oba this season. If he doesn't do the business tomorrow he can fuck off along with Owen next season.

To be fair to Oba, he's been struggling with this groin/hernia problem for most of this season.

He's also been struggling due to his lack of a brain and the required ability needed to be a top level striker.

So what's your conclusion then, he's not good enough for us???   :idiot2:

think otters still stuck with NE5 in the "CL qualification is just around the corner again with a couple of good signings" mode

"top level" striker?  :lol:

tragic comments

By toplevel i mean top ten which before the season was our target. I dont think many managers in the top ten this year would take Martins. I think he'll end up in Turkey or some other backwater.

I wouldnt go as far to say £10million on Oba was a waste, but he was heavily overpriced, and we'll be lucky to get £7million when he buggers off this summer.

Oh well at least Martins hasn't cost us 700,00 pounds per goal like our English overpriced striker.

For what its worth, you must feel a bit isolated - there were at least 50,000 fans chanting his name when he scored against Boro.

Guest BooBoo

Oh well at least Martins hasn't cost us 700,00 pounds per goal like our English overpriced striker.

For what its worth, you must feel a bit isolated - there were at least 50,000 fans chanting his name when he scored against Boro.

I was delighted when he scored against Boro! I'd love him to prove me wrong on a consistent basis but unfortunately he wont. I dont really know why you've mentioned Owen either as i want him gone more than anyone. You're kidding yourslef though if you think Oba is much better both in terms of ability and attitude.

I'll be gutted if we lose Martins like. He can still improve a few aspects of his game but we really need someone with his style who can turn a game on it's head with his pace, power and trickery.

I was delighted when he scored against Boro! I'd love him to prove me wrong on a consistent basis but unfortunately he wont. I dont really know why you've mentioned Owen either as i want him gone more than anyone. You're kidding yourslef though if you think Oba is much better both in terms of ability and attitude.

Attitude? How can you say Owen's attitude is better than anyone else's on the team never mind Oba? He's a shit captain who decided months ago not to speak a word to the press, christ he doesn't speak to anyone on the pitch - it would surprise me if he deigns to speak to any of the lesser mortals that inhabit the dressing room such is his "attitude". If you ever spot him sitting in his box at St James he's either texting like mad or sitting hunched and sulky. He's a burnt out shell of his former self, rose too early and shone too bright, and now he's paying the price, not just physically but mentally as well I would guess. I'm not the only one who wants to see him gone from here, in fact he's probably gone already if he can't play tomorrow, such is his "attitude".

We should consider loaning Martins out to a side in Italy should we get relegated

Not a bad idea at all, for a few of our better prospects (ie: Bassong).  Let them go on a year's loan to a top-flight side in Europe and give us the chance to get back into the Prem where they want to play anyway.  We won't have to pay their wages and we won't lose them in a formal transfer.

That chance earlier could have saved us, unbelievable miss.

Unfortunately only he would have been sharp enough to even get a volley off in a split second. That's the dilemma.

Guest Gemmill

That chance earlier could have saved us, unbelievable miss.

Unfortunately only he would have been sharp enough to even get a volley off in a split second. That's the dilemma.

Not much of a dilemma given his inability to hit the target. It'll be good to get rid of him.

Guest neesy111

the guy had no brain and only plays for himself good riddance to the worst number 9 for a long long time

Guest Luque20

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20090525/25/2a82c3c457173eff58a21f8abbabef00.jpg

how you feel?

:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

Guest westamfan

the guy had no brain and only plays for himself good riddance to the worst number 9 for a long long time

Good Roeder signing then?

Guest Gemmill

He tries hard to be fair to him. Seemed to be one of a few to give a shit. Just couldn't put his chances away. That penalty at arsenal shot his confidence :(

Sometimes he tried hard.  A decent amount of the time he looked completely uninterested. 

He tries hard to be fair to him. Seemed to be one of a few to give a s***. Just couldn't put his chances away. That penalty at arsenal shot his confidence :(

Sometimes he tried hard.  A decent amount of the time he looked completely uninterested. 

Can't really agree. Always looked up for it when I saw him play. The fact he gets visibly pissed off when he fucks up a pass (happens a lot) or doesn't get a pass is evidence for that.

Guest BooBoo

He tries hard to be fair to him. Seemed to be one of a few to give a shit. Just couldn't put his chances away. That penalty at arsenal shot his confidence :(

Witness his "performance" at Liverpool a few weeks back.

Guest Gemmill

He tries hard to be fair to him. Seemed to be one of a few to give a s***. Just couldn't put his chances away. That penalty at arsenal shot his confidence :(

Can't really agree. Always looked up for it when I saw him play. The fact he gets visibly pissed off when he fucks up a pass (happens a lot) or doesn't get a pass is evidence for that.

That was evidence of his petulance and his own frustration at his lack of ability.  He didn't bother to "show up" on a canny few occasions tbh.