Obafemi Martins

Wullie

If he can stay fit then I would back him to take the Championship by storm and the confidence that wuld give him but be imense. Cannot see us keeping him anyway but well I am sure there will be plenty of clubs that want him.

One thing is though he is not going to lose his international spot just because he is in the Championship, again thought it may not be his choice, he may want to stay but I am sure Ashley will cash in.

Showed in the run in that he's shite. Chances at Spurs, Pompey and Villa just off the top of my head, if he'd have taken one we'd still be up.

If we get £6m for him i'll be happy.

Showed in the run in that he's shite. Chances at Spurs, Pompey and Villa just off the top of my head, if he'd have taken one we'd still be up.

If we get £6m for him i'll be happy.

I reckon he'll go for 4m if the buyer is drunk.

Countless times Edgar had the ball at right back with nothing on and Martins didn't notice the massive gap down the line. Infuriating, just stood in the middle, makes completely the wrong runs as well, one time Guthrie broke forward and Oba instead on running across the defender allowing Guthrie a simple slide pass into him, went the other way meaning Guthrie had a difficult pass that he had to thread through the defender and the keeper. Clueless.

Guest Mucky01

the way he plays reminds me of Cisse:

All pacy runs, lashing the ball wildly into row Z and never on the same wavelength of team mates.

I'm not going to miss him tbh. So much talent, that his effective at only not using, go be frustratingly inconsistent someplace like Blackburn or Wigan.

If he wasnt a likeable character he would have been torn apart on here a long time ago. To be fair at times he has been anyway.

He has huge potential but like anyone in the academy and reserves will now be realising, it wont ever be realised at this club unless things are turned on its head.

Guest Gemmill

Can we change the title of this thread to "Any Martins apologists on here", please?

The time has come for me to play I-told-you-so.

Can we change the title of this thread to "Any Martins apologists on here", please?

Fair play, you've waited a long while for that opportunity. :razz:

Guest Gemmill

A humble man like me would have been glad to be wrong, Wullie.  It just never seems to happen that I am.

I think if Shearer does stay Martins will be very high on his 'OUT' list after the Stoke debacle. Whether we had stayed up or not.

disagree masively. Had we stayed up it would have been a priority to keep Martins and find players capable of doing a job behind him.

A humble man like me would have been glad to be wrong, Wullie.  It just never seems to happen that I am.

if not Martins, you would have been victimising Bassong since August, and then where would you're 'told you so' be?

Not a lot's changed though. Martins is over-rated by some and under-rated by others. He's still the most effective striker we've had available which is why he's been starting most games even carrying an injury. If we had someone better of course we should play them.

Guest neesy111

lua lua was better in my opinion especially since he cost far less and was on a 1/4 of the wages

Guest Gemmill

if not Martins, you would have been victimising Bassong since August, and then where would you're 'told you so' be?

Nah, Bassong's good, Martins isn't.  Do you understand the difference?