Chris Hughton

Quailman

MJ, I was told Houghton had a hand in developing the coaching in the community programme at Spurs which I'm told is one of the best in the country, any truth in this?

Hughton was very much a public face for Spurs in the Community (now known as the Spurs Foundation), although how much direct involvement he had in its development I don't know.  Spurs have been putting something like £3m pa into the Foundation which is more than any other premiership club, giving something half a million kids sporting opportunities and now having been given charitable status.  I think the effort and money put into it has in some degree helped to grease the lines of communication in getting planning permission for the new Academy and Training Centre.  There is no doubt that it has been successful, it's not the main reason for the initiative but there are some kids who have got to Spurs' younger teams through initial contract through SITC. 

I think a big thing was made some time ago of Hughton's boy Cian getting involved through it but I think his Dad being who is was meant it was all a bit of a publicity exercise.  Cian btw is a talented FB like his Dad, capped at u18 level by Ireland and currently plays in the reserves.

Anyone who isn't one of Keegan's long-term cronies is good news. We need some fresh ideas.

precisely.

i think its good that we've kept round on as well

May not be around much longer if Anal gets it right. Ronnie claims Toffees are sniffing around at taking Round.

Anyone who isn't one of Keegan's long-term cronies is good news. We need some fresh ideas.

precisely.

i think its good that we've kept round on as well

May not be around much longer if Anal gets it right. Ronnie claims Toffees are sniffing around at taking Round.

Maybe Keegan has brought Hughton in as an insurance policy just in case Round does move on??  As I've said before CH is a very good coach but Spurs were very poor defensively and couldn't defend a set play to save their lives.  I don't think Hughton is the right person to sort out the defensive frailties tbh.  I would be seriously worried for your future if Hans Segers joined you as the goalkeeping coach though!!

You could have a game of five-a-side on his chin.

You and I could, shortarse.

Stop chatting me up.

I was wondering if you two would be interested in a dwarf throwing charity event i'm organising next month?

We need some projectiles!

If you've got defensive problems, it makes perfect sense to get in a Spurs coach partially responsible for some of the worst defending this season :lol:

If you've got defensive problems, it makes perfect sense to get in a Spurs coach partially responsible for some of the worst defending this season :lol:

I know just what I was thinking.

They looked worse than us at times! Anyway give him a shot and we'll see like always

does not sound that promising if he are going to be the defence "saver". hope that is not the case and that it is like he said to help KK. When he is talking he remind me of Keegan so I think he can be good.

But please. let someone else handle the defence.

Hope Round will stay too.

Guest Knightrider

The defence will improve drastically when the team can attack from the back and defend from the front, i.e. keep the ball and score goals. We are shipping them in because there is no midfield there to protect that back-four or to play to and no attack to pin back the opposition. It was frightening the number of times Man Utd just bypassed our attack and midfield with average passing sequences and movement play or the number of times we just backed off and allowed them through.