Chris Hughton

Quailman

Its because its you KD, don't rise to it.

KD tries to have these slight little digs all the time and it irritates me that's all.

If we had signed Woodgate he would have been first on here to say he would never stay fit, but now he's here every second claiming he is immense.

Immediately Hughton comes in KD can't wait to tell us how he is seen to be a clipboard holder. What does that really mean though? KD himself has just claimed he doesn't know much about the guy so why tell us such a thing, when it really isn't very meaningful?

Jol actually knew a bit about the guy and so shared it with us.

I'm not picking on KD at all. Just letting him know I'm onto him  :knuppel2:

You ain't fooling me pal.

I've had plenty of arguments with KD in the past to be honest but to be fair to the lad he is a much better poster than he was when he first came over here.

In regards to Woodgate I'm pretty sure he voiced his concerns over his fitness when they signed him and he has looked very good and stayed injury free since he joined Spurs.

Guest kingdawson

Its because its you KD, don't rise to it.

KD tries to have these slight little digs all the time and it irritates me that's all.

If we had signed Woodgate he would have been first on here to say he would never stay fit, but now he's here every second claiming he is immense.

Immediately Hughton comes in KD can't wait to tell us how he is seen to be a clipboard holder. What does that really mean though? KD himself has just claimed he doesn't know much about the guy so why tell us such a thing, when it really isn't very meaningful?

Jol actually knew a bit about the guy and so shared it with us.

I'm not picking on KD at all. Just letting him know I'm onto him  :knuppel2:

You ain't fooling me pal.

I said that some spurs fans refer to him as "Clipboard Chris" than gave a more insightful post when someone asked what the spurs fans on here think about him

Your Woodgate bit couldnt be further from the truth tbh. I've said time and time again that i didnt want Woodgate at spurs both on here and on the spurs boards (i can direct you to my post on there if you want). I was pissed off that we signed him because of his injury record but i gave him the benefit of the doubt and gave him some time to prove himself. He's turned out to be our best player since he's been here and i've been proven wrong (so far anyway). What's wrong with that? NOTHING.

Guest Knightrider

Was he clipboard Chris when you were finishing in the top 5?

Come to think of it was Terry Mac the cone man, bibs man or bookie run man when we were finishing 2nd?

Was he clipboard Chris when you were finishing in the top 5?

Come to think of it was Terry Mac the cone man, bibs man or bookie run man when we were finishing 2nd?

He was Clipboard Chris around the time Enic took over, so it's not a new nickname for him.  I think you said in an earlier post you thought he'd be a hands on coach, not one observing from the side.  That's pretty accurate although he does have a shrewd analytical mind, his dossiers on opposing teams were apparently brilliant in their detail and assessment of weaknesses and strengths. 

I would guess his style of play would gel nicely with KK's philosophy, Spurs have always tried to play attractive attacking football (not always succeeded mind), and Hughton was at Spurs as a player and a coach for 28 years so attacking play is pretty well burnt into his thinking. 

King dawson has to be one of the most irritating people ever.

What makes you think Keegan is a soft touch?

Your whole team is a soft touch that is a certainty. Now find a high cliff and take a running jump will you please.

Didnt mean it in an offensive way and i was one of the ones who adamantly defended the Keegan appointment on the spurs board (i also praised the appointment on here too). I agree that the spurs team is a bit of a soft touch and have said that too but get over yourself ffs. Keegan seems a nice guy and not really a diciplinarian so that where i base my judgement on, now go grab a tissue and let the tears flow :thdn:

he is when needed (i remember him being tough with lee clarke,andy cole and barry venison) but he has a way with people that means he doesn't often need it.

Don't forget when he pulled Beresford off after about twenty minutes for talking back to him.

clean forgot about that till you brought it up.i still remember the look of shock on beresfords face.

(cue a few jokes about pulling beresford off )

I want to say it was against Villa, is that right?

Here yer gann Wullie  O0

http://www.nufc.com/html/bezdiary21.html

Hey Pegasus Bridge - are you quoting the All-Blacks Haka to

Some spurs fans used to refer to him as 'Clipboard Chris'.

Terry Mac only has a notepad and pen.

And he's not much use with that, either.....

Guest Knightrider

MJ, I was told Houghton had a hand in developing the coaching in the community programme at Spurs which I'm told is one of the best in the country, any truth in this?

Got to say, particularly under Jol Spurs played some cracking stuff.

Aye going forward they were great but their defence let them down time and again.

How much of that was Hughton responsible for, because someone great at the attacking side but useless at defence sounds like just the sort of person keegan would want to work with, but the last thing we need right now.

Got to say, particularly under Jol Spurs played some cracking stuff.

agreed.

and for him to be kept for 14 years by many spuds gaffers, he must have something ffs

T E R R Y M A C

aye, because we all know what terry mac does as well.

Funny people should be talking about this, because yesterday I actually discovered another facet of Terry Mac's role at NUFC.

Prior to kick-off he was giving instructions to the head groundsman, who swiftly returned with his trusty sprinkler to water the Gallowgate side of the pitch - to aid Manchester United's fluid counter-attacking game, no doubt. He probably got the message wrong.

Add that to the list: instructing the groundsmen to water the pitch.