Chris Hughton

Quailman

Know nowt about him. Any of the resident Spuds want to give us the lowdown?

From page 1......................

Some spurs fans used to refer to him as 'Clipboard Chris'.

Make no mistake about it, CH is a top quality coach.   In the days when the Pro badge wasn't a necessity, there were only 3 pro badge holders in the premiership and Chris was one.  If he'd been no good at what he did, he wouldn't have been kept on by successive managers.  FWIW, Arnesen rated him as good as any coach he'd known, but I think he'd gone stale at the end, it was the right time for him to go when he did. 

On the Spurs forums he's still got pretty well near unanimous best wishes for the future, which is remarkable bearing in mind he's moved to Newcastle.  BTW, I've just had a fiver on Martin Jol being the Newcastle manager for the first match of next season.  Probably a fiver down the drain but if things don't go well this season I wouldn't rule it out, there was a huge amount of respect between MJ and CH.

Ah, thanks. Skimmed through and didn't spot owt. Seems a good coach, but I wonder how much Keegan knows about him?

Dunno, but I can say for certain that Kemsley had no say in this appointment as was suggested by someone early on in the thread.  Kemsley hates Jol's guts and Hughton comes a close second.  I think it's impossible for someone to be a first team coach for as long as Chris has and his strong points and weaknesses not to widely known.  Maybe he's a bit conservative in his outlook but I don't think you'll ever see Hughton slumped in his chair having given up as Pearson did at a match last season.  You can't win every match but Hughton won't give up trying.

Kingdawson take note.

This fella here has a much more tempered irritation to him.

MJ will only speak for the most part when he actually has something to say (though most of the time no one's interested  :snod:)

KD you just say stuff off the top of your head. One minute he's clipboard Chris, the next minute he's a nice guy but a soft touch, then the next minute Keegan is a soft touch!??? What?!

Have you found that cliff yet?  :razz:

So according to your slow self,  if he's refered to as 'Clipboard Chris' he cant be a soft touch, which then according to you means Keegan cant also be a soft touch :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

I noticed you try and have a go at most of my posts so keep it up saddo :thup:

:angel:

Don't know enough about him but for some reason i feel its a step up from Pearson.

Pearson should of had more impact, considering he's supposed to be an imposing figure, but for most part that didn't come across at any time i saw him in action.

Lets hope this guy has more impact, we should all be thankful Terry Mac hasn't been made assistant, that in itself is a huge bonus!

Guest Knightrider

I think Houghton is more of a player coach in that he works on and with the players rather than the drills and the organising of training in an observation capacity which is what Pearson did I think. I know that's how KK operates anyway, the actual training and drills are very basic with the football work intensive, often in small groups and designed around small sided games and all about technique, passing, movement etc. As coaching goes, I think our players and any team needs that type of coaching too. Although they also need the other side of it as well.

I think Houghton is more of a player coach in that he works on and with the players rather than the drills and the organising of training in an observation capacity which is what Pearson did I think. I know that's how KK operates anyway, the actual training and drills are very basic with the football work intensive, often in small groups and designed around small sided games and all about technique, passing, movement etc. As coaching goes, I think our players and any team needs that type of coaching too. Although they also need the other side of it as well.

Is that you HTT?

Is that you HTT?

hell TT,you are slower than me.

Guest Knightrider

Is that you HTT?

Aye.

Is that you HTT?

hell TT,you are slower than me.

:lol:

I only found out the other day he'd changed hit name, so i've narrowed it down to one suspect...nothing gets past me.  :blush:

First I heard of this was a message from my Spurs fan mate which I'll type verbatim

"Asapently the toon have signed chris hughton to the coaching staff. Fucking idiots, he's a shit coach. Get used to the clipboard of doom."

He's actually pretty humble for a spurs fan and usually happy to see the toon doing well as long as it's not at the expense of spuds.

Guest kingdawson

First I heard of this was a message from my Spurs fan mate which I'll type verbatim

"Asapently the toon have signed chris hughton to the coaching staff. f****** idiots, he's a s*** coach. Get used to the clipboard of doom."

He's actually pretty humble for a spurs fan and usually happy to see the toon doing well as long as it's not at the expense of spuds.

Hopefully that internet stalker Kaka will read this.

"Asapently the toon have signed chris hughton to the coaching staff. Fucking idiots, he's a shit coach. Get used to the clipboard of doom."

How does your mate know he's a shit coach?

Must be good at something, as he coached Spurs to two top 5 finishes in succession.

Could just as easily say he must be shit as he coached Spurs to many mid table finishes and flirts with relegation!

Guest Knightrider

Must be good at something, as he coached Spurs to two top 5 finishes in succession.

Could just as easily say he must be shit as he coached Spurs to many mid table finishes and flirts with relegation!

Oooh, thought he was appointed by Jol.

In that case: Chris Owttoon.

"Asapently the toon have signed chris hughton to the coaching staff. f****** idiots, he's a s*** coach. Get used to the clipboard of doom."

Hopefully you read what Jol said, which was a lot more coherent and was based on more than his holding of a clipboard.

Get real pal.

Oooh, thought he was appointed by Jol.

In that case: Chris Owttoon.

He was on the coaching staff at Spurs under about 10 different managers!

Guest kingdawson

Hopefully you read what Jol said, which was a lot more coherent and was based on more than his holding of a clipboard.

Get real pal.

Who gives a toss if Jol said something that was "more coherent" than me, there's no competition between us and it just so happens that he knows more than me about this particular subject. I made a statement to which i was laughed at by you, only to be backed up by another poster who say's his spurs supporting mate also refers to him as that :thup:.

Besides, you were pissed off at my comments regarding Keegan so stop going on as if it's anything else.

Guest Knightrider

Get real pal.

Who gives a to

Get real pal.

Who gives a toss if Jol said something that was "more coherent" than me, there's no competition between us and it just so happens that he knows more than me about this particular subject. I made a statement to which i was laughed at by you, only to be backed up by another poster who say's his spurs supporting mate also refers to him as that :thup:.

Was this said when yous were finishing 5th in successive seasons about Houghton?

Its because its you KD, don't rise to it.

KD tries to have these slight little digs all the time and it irritates me that's all.

If we had signed Woodgate he would have been first on here to say he would never stay fit, but now he's here every second claiming he is immense.

Immediately Hughton comes in KD can't wait to tell us how he is seen to be a clipboard holder. What does that really mean though? KD himself has just claimed he doesn't know much about the guy so why tell us such a thing, when it really isn't very meaningful?

Jol actually knew a bit about the guy and so shared it with us.

I'm not picking on KD at all. Just letting him know I'm onto him  :knuppel2:

You ain't fooling me pal.